Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (nbomzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
Any opinions/recommendations going from a watson, (which i love) to a Lyman?
Old     (caseman1322)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-10-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
the lyman is faster and a little bit more loose. I wouldn't say it's an upgrade since the Watson is an awesome board, but if your looking for something a little more aggressive then you will love the lyman. I actually ride them both and I don't really have a favorite between the two.
Old    benj_t            04-10-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
i went from a watson to the lyman and im glad i did. the watson is still an amazing board though. but the lyman is just so much more fun to ride. you should at least give it a try if you havent already.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-10-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
Why do you say the Lyman is more fun to ride? I will be riding the Lyman this year coming from a Substance but curious about why you think the Lyman is better.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-10-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
wake, idk bout you, but loose = FUN ! especially sine the lyman is sooooO controllable loose. theres been times where i though i was tracking well to look down and see it at an angle.
Old    benj_t            04-10-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
exactly, and its really fast so that makes it fun too.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-10-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
Looser than a Watson with no fins? That's pretty loose...
Old     (nbomzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2008, 6:09 AM Reply   
Wow, thanks guys, i will definitely have to try it out. I cant wait for the water/weather to warm up.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-11-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
Jos, idk since i haven't riden the watson but judging from riding the lyman and from what others are saying it most likely is, because it's VERY LOOSE when flat......with the fins in.

i'm personally a bit scared to ride it without em
Old    benj_t            04-11-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
man i rode my watson today after riding my lyman and i actually really dont like my watson anymore haha.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-11-2008, 6:11 PM Reply   
benj, lol i hear ya, personally i'd like to try the axis out though hearing it's a bit faster than the lyman.
Old    benj_t            04-11-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
really? ive got to try it then
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-11-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
I rode the lyman yesterday and I have to agree with everyone when they say its FUN. Nice and loose when flat but still holds a super solid edge that releases as soon as you want it to. The flex also adds to the fun. I was goofing around and doing manuals and springing ollies off the tail. Flex tails and stiff center is the way too go when it comes to flex in my opinion.

Josh, yeah you should try the axis too. The Lyman was fast for a 3 stage to me but the axis still rode even faster. The axis holds a harder edge but doesnt release as fast. The axis doesnt have as soft as landing as the lyman but its still not hard. The lyman lands super soft with the flex tails and the double to quad concave.

I barely get on a wakeboard anymore but some boards just get me pumped to strap up again. I still love to try new shapes.