Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-22-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
Here is a link to the performance ski and surf shop of a ronix board as many of you all know so much about... BUT what are the paired set of holes in the midle for where the bindings go???

http://www.perfski.com/index.cfm?cart_action=item_info&item_guid=afc41e69-65bf-d230-4669-2889762407c8&category_guid=ce3223a0-0ddb-4aba-8a8b-55df8023db27
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-22-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
maybe theres some pins in the bottom of there bindings that help the bindings lock in place better. Just a guess.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-22-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
I think it is probably so you can move your bindings closer to one edge or the other. I know with my binding position, it kind of puts the toe of the binding really close to the toeside edge. Sometimes when I am edging ts, my toes will dig in the water. I think with those insert positions, you will be able to get the same foot placement but at different distances from the edge. Just my thoughts.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-22-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
no that is ust a prot type.... the way the bindings are held on are no different... those middle holes arent even there on the real RONIX, ONE board
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-22-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
Doesn't look like a prototype to me. It has all the logo stuff on it, including a nice little emblem thingy on it... Prototypes wouldn't be so decorated? Then again, it is a new company, and they will want to look good any chance they get a photo shoot oportunity right? but you might be right, if so, what purpose are they there for on a prototype?

ON ANOTHER NOTE- the forward/ backward possitioning of bindings sounds plausible, but i would think the paired holes would extend in either direction more if this were the case... instead of just three pairs in the middle.

I might go for the stiffining/ attachment of the binding plates to the board, but if that were the case (especially since the bindings look like they have a plate similar to LF plates), then it would be available only on certain boards, because not all the pictures have the pattern of holes. The Ronix Vault has the weird holes thing going on too, but not the other boards. IF it is not a prototype thing going on, it cant possibly be some advanced thing... because the vault looks and sounds like Hype's assemetrical begginer board...... but then again, it could be a beginer thing and harf's board is designed to fit EVERYONE of EVERY experience level.

sorry, i'm just spilling all my ponderings
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-22-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
... you know... i think i take back my approach to the binding possitioning idea. the three hole pairs would indeed be effective at adding an additional degree setting or more... for a more begginer stance... or even more ducked or more to one side, etc. Could have both beneffits for begginers and advanced riders... hmmm...
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-22-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
Chris is correct. It's a prototype, they were messing around with different positions on the board since most bindings are mounted ducked out about 12 degrees. At least that's what we were told at the Ronix tent when we asked.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-23-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
Heres the lowdown as I know it.....they were going to offer a unique binding option that only their board could use and make their incredibly light boots even lighter.......but as dealers and their team suggested, they wanted to be able to offer the boots to the masses. So take heart......its some glimpses at possible things to come, but in the mean time....get ready. This stuff is amazing!! We hope to have a few board to demo at our main store and OWC early next week. Lots of excitement about it!! Hope this helps clear things up a bit. Bill @ Performance.