Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old    xrated            01-31-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
Who would think that when its -30 degrees people would be thinking about boats in Calgary? I spent the day yesterday at the show, lots to see, Tige, Sanger, Centurion, Supra, Moomba and a few runabouts with towers. Props to Tige, Hyperactive's booth and boat presentation is absolutely top notch, Kieth Lyman is around all weekend pimping the boats, what a nice guy, I thought when Cobe left Tige, it would leave a huge void but Kieth is a very personable guy and will stand and talk to you all day. If you have nothing better to do this wknd in Cowtown check out the show.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-31-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
Hey dont forget about the Sky Supreme V230 fully loaded for a great price!!! Anyone posting any pics from the Calgary boat show?
Old    bambamski            01-31-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
I took some pics for my boss, if I have time tomorrow I'll post some.
Old     (bmblbee)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-02-2004, 4:57 AM Reply   
We got to the show yesterday. Of all the boats I think the Supremes looked the best. Fit, finish and equipment are top of the line. Sure did like the V230. It could be that owning a Supreme (2002)had an impact on my judgement but some of the boats looked quite basic.

Hey Kyle, Wayne said your order went in. I want to see your boat when it arrives.

Bob
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2004, 8:08 AM Reply   
Bob!!!

You and me both! I want to see my boat too... Never got to have this much input into building and customizing a boat... So it will be very exciting to see how it turns out!

I will post pics and send you some to your email when it arrives.

I will give you a call when I come to Calgary to pick it up.

Everyone should look at Supreme... just look at the quality... you will be surprised...
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
Pat,

I want to see pics... thanks!!!
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-02-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
Opening night was "Boys Night at the Boatshow". Beer, Boats, and Bikinis seemed like a great way to beat the -30 blahs. The Supremes did look good but the Tiges were particularly well appointed.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-02-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
Try Again.

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2004, 6:41 PM Reply   
That's typical... you go to the boat show order the boat as shown... and then when you pick it up after the boat show... not all of the options that you saw arent on the boat... or are they included with the sticker price?

Here are some interior shots of the V230

If you look in the Supreme brochure.. I dont think they have three bikini dressed girls as one of the options... Maybe that is why they are a little bit lower in price than the Tige...

hahaha
Old    bambamski            02-03-2004, 7:20 AM Reply   
Haven't had time to get the pics in yet. I'll try tonight. I do have to agree that the Supreme wins the most improved interior award though. Not that there was really anything wrong with their previous boats but they have certainly stepped it up a notch. They look a little more luxurious than before. Kyle where do you live and board?

Bob, what are you up to these days? Are you done with your time off yet or are you going to wait until the end of the summer?

John, by the looks of the pics I'm sorry I missed the "boys night out". Looks like it would have been fun.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-03-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
Pat - I do more driving than anything else... but I am in Penticton BC - Skaha Lake.

The last time I spoke with Bob, he is going to be a professional wakeboarder.... send the kids out to make lots of money to support his wakeboarding career... ok maybe not... Only spoken with Bob over the phone... but I bet he will see my boat before I do...

I hope Supreme starts getting more well known and gains some respect in the industry... As a smaller company they get to see what others are doing and use the best materials etc when building the boats... but no one knows about them...

Can't wait to see the pics.

www.wakeupwatersports.homestead.com
Old    bambamski            02-04-2004, 7:10 AM Reply   
Skaha Lake, I had a bad experience at Skaha last year. I was at the very south end about 15-20 yards from shore trolling around checking out the houses and places on the water when I nailed a huge outcropping of rocks. Took a big chunk out of the prop and I had to limp back to the NOrth end going 5 mph. Took us over an hour and a half to get back. There is only one guy that fixes props in Penticton, Peachland prop shop or something. Buddy got it done and charged me 250 bucks, I didn't put the prop on because we were leaving that day for Spokane. When we got into Spokane I looked at the prop closer and he a butchered it. I had to buy a new prop in Spokane which cost me another 450 bucks. Not great memories at Skaha.

I tried posting the pics last night but they are all too big. Need to reduce them somehow.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
hey pat... send me the prop... i will get your money back.. or a credit towards another prop... the guy that fixed it is our tenant.. he tried to fix another friends prop.. and he screwed it up too... i dont want to mention names on here... but he has not had great feedback on the inboard prop repair... but he will order a new prop and take off the cost you already paid.. let me know...

stay away from south side of skaha...
south east side of skaha...
north west side of skaha (near billboards)

to be safe stay int he middle of the lake...
north of the bambury green campsite...

Old    tigetx            02-04-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
John,

Good luck with your show, you should put some clothes on those ladies it has to be cold there !!!

Jeff
Old    bambamski            02-04-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
I'd love to get some of my money back!! I'm acutally going to send it to a guy in Vernon (Todd) that knows of a really good repair guy there to see if he can save it.

The trouble with giving me a credit of 250 bucks on a new prop is they wanted here in Canada 800-900 bucks for a new prop at the time. I can buy one state side at full price and still pay less that here with the 250 dollar credit. Talk about getting bent over. You'd have to $%%#$ for brains to pay that much here when you can go across border and pick it up for less than half now with our dollar doing a little better.

I don't really like doing that (not buying locally), not a bad thing to support the locals. However when someone is priced double than what I can get it for here it makes it a easy choice.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2004, 3:52 PM Reply   
Pat, I bought a prop directly through Bill Weeks at ACME. After the exchange, it was less than $350cdn. I could probably do the same thing and see if the guy that fixed your prop will apply some money towards it. Let me know.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
Pat, another guy from Calgary had a run in with the rocks in Okanagan Lake... then took his prop into the same place you did.. and then went on the lake the next day and it was vibrating like crazy.. so they thought bent drive shaft. Got back to Calgary, and had it checked, it was the prop too... so they had their money put towards a new prop.. but it wasnt an ACME and it was at full retail... so I know he will try and make something work...
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-04-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
Kyle. While the price Pat was quoted of $800-$900 is way out of line I can't see how you can land an ACME prop here in Canada for $350 and I have an ACME invoice on my desk right now. Exchange, shipping, Canada Customs clearing, pst where you live, and gst, put dealer cost well above that. However, if you have found a way to land them here for $350 I will buy mine from you instead of Acme.

Old     (bmblbee)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-05-2004, 7:06 AM Reply   
Hi guys.

Still retired but I am looking for something to keep me occupied. I don't think I will ever make it as much more than a "wakeboard survivor" so I need to find something to keep me busy. I doubt that the kids will be in any position to support me in the manner I have supported them for a long time to come.

I had my prop sent to the guy in Vernon for repairs but haven't had it out since so I can't say whether he did a good job. He does have a good reputation though so I suspect it will be fine. I think John is right about the cost of props. Best deal I have seen on the web is OJ at $301.35 for Nibral and $341.35 for stainless which converts to around $400 or $460 plus shipping. Still better than prices locally so when I do order a spare it will be over the web.

Kyle when is your boat supposed to arrive?

Pat I found a web site that has a free utility to convert pictures and reduce the size called pic2pic: http://www.wavelsoftware.com/ I have used it and it works well. Hope this helps.

Bob
Old    bambamski            02-05-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
John I found my prop invoice last night, and I paid $275 U.S. for a stainless 4 blade Cutter. At the time the exchange rate was around 1.50 I think so it ended up costing me around $420 bucks.

When I dinged my prop in Penticton I called Rayburns and they didn't have any so I called two places in Vancouver and they were within 50 bucks of each other at $850. I know these guys need to make some money on these things but doubling the retail price of south of the border is a bit much.

Kyle, how about if I send the prop to the guy in Vernon and if he can fix it I'll pass the cost of the prop on to Peachland guy. You should see this thing, I can laugh at it now but at the time I didn't think it was so funny. A couple of the blades are really thin, and when you set it down flat on the table it wobbles because two of the four blades don't touch the table at the same time. All he kept saying to me was that the prop was perfect now and if there is a vibration it has to be the shaft. He was nice guy, not the sharpes knife if you know what I mean.

Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-05-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
Pat, I have been dealing with this prop repair issue since 1989 when I bought by first inboard with various degrees of success. I think that the answer to this would be stocking a full range of props (I'd choose ACME) and when one gets damaged, send it back to ACME and have them rebuild it to original specs. I just got off the phone with ACME and they say that they encourage repair shops to work on their products if they have the expertise and the proper pitch blocks to make the prop correct again. As both of those items seem to be hard to come by, I would rather pay the extra shipping to know that it is done right.

After an hour long telephone tutorial in props from Jim at ACME I ordered a dozen in various pitches to have in inventory. I think that a try-before-you-buy plan would also be helpful to find the right prop for the right boat based on how much you load it and what altitude you run at. I think your boat should be one of the first test subjects. Putting an ACME with a lower pitch on our lesson boat really seemed to smooth it out and improve the hole shot.
Old    ssjrmk            02-05-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
Hey Kyle just wondering if you knew if they are going to build a new marina at skaha lake to fit 21' boats? I have inlaws that live there and we usually come down for about a couple of weeks in the summer and it sure would be nice to keep the malibu in a marina instead of loading and unloading all the time.
Old    ssjrmk            02-05-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
Hello john just wanted to say i really enjoy your edmonton store. Clint is a great guy and is good at helping spend a guys money LOL. Was wondering if you guys are going to set up a wakeboard school up here? Maybe bring one of those tige's up here to compete with the malibu's LOL.

Hey pat how's it going ,don't know if you remember me we met at the skaha loading ramp last summer ,I had the malibu with titan tower being pulled by the green 1 ton dodge? Sounds like you ran into some bad luck after that day, Sorry to hear that.
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-05-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   
Yo Steve what's up...I see you ride @ wizard..my parents live out there...NICE..although three feet of ICE on it right now!
My bro and his wife just got a green 04 MC 197 that will be ripping up the water there this summer...mine stays out west here in BC!

Thanks to all about the warning areas of Skaha, I am planning on camping there this summer prior to Houseboating on the Swap...any one heard of Wrights beach camp on Skaha???that maybe the place for now unless anyone can suggest any place better!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-05-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
Steve... thye have never given me a spot for my 22ft boat... but I made my own spot last year... no one wants to sink money into developing a better marina because of how the city deals with the leases... i think now they secured a 5 year deal... so we may see some stuff happen this year.. but who knows... personally... if i knew my investment may not be mine in five years... i wouldnt do anything either...

I would love to open a pro-shop and marina etc... but don't think that would ever happen... cost too much $$$$$!

I will keep you posted though. Let me know ahead of time when you are coming to tpwn and I can try and get a spot for you.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-05-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
AMPallas, Wrights is a good spot. There is also Bambury Green... If you want higher end living.. then you can see if you cvan rent a time share at Ponderosa Point... but I think it is a tad costly... There are some campgrounds across from the lake... btu you would have to pull the boat in and out every day...
Old    bambamski            02-05-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
I'd be all over testing a couple of props out this summer. My current prop is OK, average hole shot with above average speed. I had a slight vibration last year just before I ran into the rocks at Skaha. It was worse after I put the new prop on so I was worried I did some damage to the shaft. When I got back to town Glen took a look at the shaft and said it was OK and gave me another prop to try out. Hole shot was great but I could only get around 35 mph out of the boat at redline. It was a little to slow for my liking so I switched back to my other prop. Ended up my engine was out of allignment which was causing the vibration... Anyways I'd love to try out a new prop that would give a better hole shot with a decent top end. I've heard good things about AMCE as well.

Steve, as soon as I read your first post I was wondering if you were the same person I talked to at the launch.

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-05-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
Bob... when is my going to arrive... good question... it is suppose to get sprayed this week sometime... I hope for mid March... I would like to have it for April so I can get outon the lake asap! You will see the boat before I will... I have to drive there to pick it up... Wayne will show it off at the shop until I can get there... I will be stoping at every boat launch and taking pictures in all of the bodies of water we pass on the way home... even large mud puddles if need be...

John, you should set up a floating Prop Sales and Repair Shop on Skaha... right near the water ski course... they put the course there because at the end of it.. there is an out cropping... no one knows about the shallow spots... so if they try and go into the course.. they will damage the boat... they had problems with vandalism in the past.. so they put the course in an area that inexperienced peopel that go in there... will be paddeling back to shore... you could set shop up right there... make millions... haaha...

The marina has 1-3 props a day go in for repair... and about 1-3 i/o legs per month ripped right off! craziness!

On a calm day... look down on Skaha Lake from highway 97... you can see all the sand bars and rocks!

Just so everyone knows... no tubers or jetskiers or seadooers (or keep your head up for the elusvie potato gun!!!) haha! Waterskiers ride north to south... Wakeboarders... ride east to west.... double ups in the east in front of the marina and in the west in front of the campground... sliders out front of the houses.....

Those aren't really rules... just my dream!!!
Old    ssjrmk            02-05-2004, 7:29 PM Reply   
Thanks Kyle, probably will not make it out this summer ,to busy.I have seen you around with your crow it was a great looking boat. I am sure you are pumped about the new boat.Which way will you be going back to penticton when you pick up your boat?
Old    ssjrmk            02-05-2004, 7:31 PM Reply   
Pat was wondering if you knew when the chestermere festival dates are? We went last year and had a blast, to bad about that accident.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-05-2004, 8:08 PM Reply   
Steve, I head north through the Okanagan through to Revelstoke, Golden, etc... turn off before Calgary... head north and then east to Airdrie... Where are you?

And yes... it was a sad day driving to Calgary to trade the boat in... and I ma going through boat withdrawal right now... nothing to stare at int he driveway... but I cant wait for the new one!!!
Old    ssjrmk            02-05-2004, 8:37 PM Reply   
Kyle I am in sherwood park ,Edmonton.Just thought if you were going the yellowhead, you could take a spin at wizard lake if the ice was off,but if you are going through revy it,s kind of out of your way, oh well. Just courious why you went with supreme? Seen you demoing the supra ssv launch two summers ago that ray had at skaha. That was a sweet boat.
Old    ssjrmk            02-05-2004, 8:41 PM Reply   
AMPALLAS ,Hows it going,ya we are on wizard alot,it's a great lake. Do you parent's live on the water? If so where abouts?Is your brother getting his boat from martin equip?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-05-2004, 9:02 PM Reply   
Actually I was very interested in the Moomba XLV... I think we were on the money... but he wouldnt take my trade in at any value... I also looked at his 03 Moomba LSV... but we just couldnt get past the trade in...

How did I end up with Supreme? I like the smaller boat companies and lesser known names... I like to try and help dealers out... and manufacturers out with trying to help sell boats... I do a lot of research.... and I found Supreme and like what they have... and I love the fact that I get to speak to the factory directly in regards to the building and customizing of my boat... it is going to be sick!!! Wayne Bruce at www.gilligansboats.ca is also awesome to work with... It was simple... I told him what I needed to work into the budget... he called me back within 30 minutes and said, get your boat to me asap and what color do you want on the new boat... Seriously... it was that simple...

Honestly, all of the other dealers were helpful in trying to help sell my boat... and I would have bought the boat from whatever dealer sold it.... but no one would trade... Some dealers worked out trade in deals... but it took 3 months before they got back to me....

Gilligans Boats does very well with new and used product... and carry a wide variety of inventory....

The other dealers were a little smaller... and I dont blame them for not wanting to take trades when they can invest their capital into new boats while the dollar is strong...

Overall... I am happy with my decision... I feel I am getting more bang for the buck than anything else... I am gettingthe biggest motor available... lots of warranty... and every conceiveable options available... also the factory is customizing some things for me.... and both the dealer and factory worked with the budget I needed to be within....

You will never see me on here saying... "which boat should I buy? X-Star or SAN.... actually maybe you will... but it will be which year should I buy... 1990 or 1991... hahahah...."

It is funny... the Crow was very reliable.. no problems what so ever... still has warranty on the motor... and I loaded it up with tons of extras which I left on the boat... and re-did the interior like the Tige 22i Type R. I know the company is going under... but Crow gets bashed on the site... but funny enough... it was a very similar hull to the Moomba Outback... a little wider... but when I compared the two boats... I just liked the look and value of the Crow... it was very good to me... and towed thousands of people...

The new boat will be a whole new world... I cant wait!!!

Depending on when I get to pick up my boat... maybe I will sneak up north... then go through Jasper... Kamloops... have brother inlaw in Kamloops... so maybe the family will want to go there... who knows...

Stay posted...

Try and get to Penticton for a ride!!!
Old    ssjrmk            02-05-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
Sounds good, when i get there i will give you a call. Enjoy the new boat.

P.S. Post lots of pics when you get it,And if you come up north let me know,maybe we can hook up. E-mail is ssjrmk@yahoo.ca
Old     (bmblbee)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-06-2004, 5:33 AM Reply   
John. I would be interested in talking to you about your try before you buy offer as well. My 2002 Supreme Pro V came with a OJ 13X13 4 blade and while I'm pleased with the overall performance I do plan on getting a spare prop in case I have another mishap. Shoot me a private message at holinsk@attglobal.net and give me an idea on your pricing.
Thanks,
Bob
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-06-2004, 7:02 PM Reply   
Hey Steve..
My parents live on the South side of Wizard just accross from the park...right on the water.behind them they have a U pick berry farm called
Lizzees Berry farm(and winter boat storage!)
Bro and wife got their boat from Ave @ Martin...a great guy... we have been dealing with him for years...I used waterski with a bunch of fire fighters from EDFD? I am actually from Sherwood park..now live out here in Van!!
crazy small world!
Old    ssjrmk            02-06-2004, 7:06 PM Reply   
AMPALLAS do you know a paul bergess. He is a firefighter from edmonton and does alot of skiing.Why did you go to van?
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-06-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
Hey Steve,

Thanks for helping out Clint by sending some of your hard earned cash his/our way. You are right he really is a great guy and we never would have opened the Edmonton shop if he had not been on board. He did a great job for the first year effort. We really want to get a Wakeboard Wednesday lesson program going as soon as we can get Clint hooked up with some help.

Come by and say hello at the Edmonton show.

Calgary Boat and Sportsmens's show is next weekend Thurs. - Sunday for those of you whom are interested. Tige, Supreme, Centurion, Supra/Moomba, Svhara, Nautique, MC, and Bu, are all there I believe. Visit the Hyper-Active booth and mention that you saw this post and we will set you up with a stylin' shop T-shirt. Well maybe not that stylin', but a free shirt anyway. I would bet $1 that Pat is there first for his!
Old    bambamski            02-08-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
I don't have to clean any boats for my shirt do I?

I'll know if I'm able to make the boat show on Tuesday. I've been doing a bunch of snowboarding this year and a buddy has a line on a condo that came avaiable in Whistler this weekend.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
Hey Pat, clean 2 boats and then get an extra shirt for me!!!
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-08-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
Pat. No cleaning required this time and thanks again for your help last year. Should you want a show preview before you go to BC let me know. Set up starts tuesday morning so by wednesday afternoon you could get a decent look around.
Old    bambamski            02-08-2004, 5:44 PM Reply   
Test
Old    bambamski            02-08-2004, 5:56 PM Reply   
Try this again

Old    bambamski            02-08-2004, 5:59 PM Reply   
Better late than never

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2004, 7:23 PM Reply   
Pat,

What was the boat show price on the Tige Switch and the Moomba XLV.

I looked at both but no one could even give me a price...
Old    bambamski            02-09-2004, 7:37 AM Reply   
Kyle I took a picture of the XLV price and I thought I put it in the pictures but I guess it didn't show up. Base for the XLV was $49,999, the boat you see in the pictures had the upgraded engine actually upgraded everything according to Glen and it was around 62K. Pretty cheap for a large V-drive. The Tige Switch was around 50K as well if I can remember right. John can correct me if I'm wrong. The stronger cdn dollar has really helped us this year, I think a loaded 22v was around 70K last year and it's around 60k this year.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-09-2004, 8:08 AM Reply   
Pat & Kyle,

Not to correct you Pat but we landed the Switch that was displayed in January when the Canadian Dollar was the strongest it had been in years so the one at the show was $45K (and it sold). You are correct that a well optioned 22v is about 10K cheaper than last year. The one at the show was 58K.

Anyone reading this whom does not know how the Canadian currency differential to the USD works is now thinking that those prices are outrageous!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
John and Pat, thanks for the info.

I had tried to get that info over the past few months when I was looking at boats to buy. Due to the fact no one would take a trade.. they wouldn't even give me a cash deal price. At least that would have given me an idea of what I needed to sell my boat for. All the dealers said is, "sell your boat and then give us a call".

I am in also in sales... I would have given me a crazy high price with trade in... and then also given a cash price with no trade... at least it gives me the consumer incentive to try and sell...

But I didnt even get that... I just got the... "let me know when you sell it!"

For example... I inquired about the Switch V at my two closest dealers and I couldnt get a price... but if I would have known that is was $45,000 I could have sold my boat for $20,000... and gotten into a new Switch V or sold it for $25,000 and gotten into an XLV.

I had my boat listed at $39,000... and had a few inquiries... if I would have listed for $25,000 maybe it would be sold now...

I found it difficult as a consumer to know what I should sell my boat for when I didnt know what it would cost to get into a new boat. Also the fact that I hope to sell some boats for my dealer.

I don't expect to make money on a used boat when I buy it brand new... but I do want to know what I need to get out of it in order to work it into the budget for a new boat.

So it is important to the consumer to know what the dealer will sell the new boat for so the consumer can weigh out all of their options.

Again, thank you for the information. If dealers have run into a lost sale because of a situation as above, hopefully they will take note of my experience.

I had inquiries into 12 diffferent dealers... and I only had 5 dealers contact me back. 2 of them listed my boat on their web page and print ads to help try and sell the boat... did not want a trade (Ron (Malibu Marine) & Jon (Redline) they were a big help! thank you). The other two (won't mention names - no bashing) took over a month to get back to me... and did not come up with any pricing. And only 1 which I felt was up front and ready to do business (Wayne - Gilligan's Boats).

My proposals were simple... Simply stated.. this is what I have... this is my situation... this is what I will pay over and above what I get for a trade or the sale proceeds from my boat...

I have to say (John - Hyperactive) has been very helpful too.

All I know is that I wanted to sell or trade in my boat and have something new for the 2004 season. I didn't want to wait till spring and scramble around making deals when it could have been too late... So my inquiries started in November. I was looking at new and newer used and demos... I thank you to all of those that helped out!
Old    bambamski            02-09-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
45K for the Switch? That's a pretty good price, can you do that one again or has the movement in the dollar raised the price now? I took my boss around and showed him a bunch of boats last week at the show and he is now leaning toward spending some more cash than he previously though he needed to spend. The Switch, I'm not familiar with that one, what boat is that anyways? Is it an older 21V hull? The interior wasn't as nice as the 22v or 21i, is this Tiges entry level wakeboard boat?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
It is Tige's answer to people that are looking for lower cost boat that still has the features liek the Convex V Hull, Life Plus Warranty, Taps2... less features can be added at the factory level.. but can still be added by the dealer...

Obviously they have to cut corners on teh interior etc...

But the construction and technology in the boat is the same as the rest of the Tige line...

I tried to get one.. but no one gave me pricing etc...

Nice boat for the price and performance.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-09-2004, 11:13 PM Reply   
Pat,

The Switch is the 20v shape which was a new hull in 2002 but with the transom squared off and a more basic interior, dash, etc. Price wise it really depends what the cdn dollar value does in the near future as the boats cross the border. As Kyle said construction, warranty, Taps2, are all the same as the rest of the line. I have now sold three to thirty-something individuals for whom it is their first boat and performance is more important than plush seats.

Ryan Spence whom you know from the shop has one on the way and will be running lessons with it this summer in addition to our Wakeboard Wednesdays. He finished university in december, got a job downtown, and promptly ordered a boat. Good to see the proper priorities in place!

Show set-up starts tomorrow. Let me know if you want in early. This is going to be a good show I think.

Old    bambamski            02-11-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
We couldn't get the condo for the days we were looking for so I'm stuck here for the big long weekend.

The Switch sounds like a great entry level boat, I'll tell my boss to talk to you this weekend for sure.

Any special guests going to be at the show this year John?

See you there Friday or Saturday.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-11-2004, 9:01 PM Reply   
Ben Greenwood from LF is our only team rider however Aaron Lepin whom is one of Canada's best (and coolest) is working in his capacity as a BARE wetsuits rep. This show has the best selection of comp boats I have seen anywhere. I am sure there are not enough buyers to go around given our small population base, so it should be interesting.

See you on the weekend.
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-12-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
Steve..don't know Paul..I skied with Brain Walker, Steve Koper, Kevin Weins..I know Brian works DT, don't know where Kev and Kop work now...
I moved to Van for work...+15C here today we will be riding by early March! NICE(I think earliest on Wizard was Last week of April...COLD!)