Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-05-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
Well, the shoulder just will not stop hurting. Doesnt hurt when I ride, but then cant move it for 2 days. Got MRI yesterday which shows alot of chronic cuff stuff and impingement. Being a doc myself, I know that if I keep riding, the cuff will tear. Gonna get some PRP injections to try to heal the cuff tendons and then have scope done in Jan or Feb when my practice is a little slower. Also wanna wait until after bowhunting season is over if I can tolerate it. My riding was getting good this year too. Was pulling some grabs and had my ts 180 w2w down. Was gonna start some 3's until the pain was getting more and more. 40 year old body with 20 year old mentality has not been a good combo for me. Hopefully after getting it scoped, it will be ready to go by May. Getting old is a bitch.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-05-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
Bad news, sorry to hear that man, hope you're OK for Bow season, or at least next spring!
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-05-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
bill- good call on the prp injection. i think it is one of the most underrated ways to go. i have seen prp do tremendous things to athletes. good luck
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-05-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
I'm with you Bill. Haven't stopped riding but will be getting a partial shoulder replacement in Sept. Doesn't hurt when I ride and that's the only time it doesn't hurt. I've had 2 injections and 2 epidurals. Can't put it off any longer. Hope your injections ease the pain.
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-05-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
Sucks but dont want to get injured to the point I may never ride again. Right now it can heal with rest, time, PRP, and then scope to decompress. I use alot of PRP in my practice and am a firm believer.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-05-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
Would PRP do much for bad knees?
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-05-2009, 12:49 PM Reply   
define bad?
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-05-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
I have injected PRP for a variety of knee issues including ACL, MCL strains (not tears) OCD lesions and meniscal injuries. Most ligament strains that got better with PRP prolly would have improved without the injection, but the return to activity seemed to be faster. the most sucess I have had is with meniscal injuries. These have almost always required a scope in the past, and I have had good sucess with PRP so far. Works well for other chronic tendon issues like Achilles tendinosis, rotator cuff tendon issues, and tennis elbow.
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-05-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
bill just curious which system you are using? i used to sell biomet gps
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-05-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
wakesurfing is the way to go. still enjoying the boat, the water and the exhaust fumes. sorry to hear though :-(
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-05-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
FAE=no more fumes.

I've had both my shoulders done,right side,totally open.Left sid, scoped.Did it in the winter,after Xmas.Riding by March.
Rehab it right and there won't be a problem.
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-05-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
Its the system by Arthrex, cant remember the name off hand. In the past I had used Symphony by DePuy, but the Arthrex seems to have higher platelet numbers.

Would love to wakesurf, but I have an I/O. Would love a v drive, but we hit some big lakes and need the deep V. Maybe I just need 2 boats?
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-05-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
any 23'+ Vdrives will do just fine in a big lake. I drive a slammed 210sante in 3' high rollers. just gotta gauge 'em right!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-08-2009, 6:21 AM Reply   
Not completely shot yet....slight MCL and menicius tear a couple years back, along with some other minor issues, mainly chronic pain in them, just don't know which direction to go, build the rap out of them over the winter so the're strong come season, or gake further action.