Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-26-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
This topic came up in discussion the other day and I wonder how it plays out with everyone. Regarding stepping on seat cushion bottoms barefooted when moving about the boat, do you allow it or not? I'll elaborate a little more how this came up later. I allow it and wonder if I'm in the minority.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-26-2007, 6:34 PM Reply   
My boat is to use. Yes we step on the seat cushions. If you get too picky about everything it's less fun to be in.

oh, and we also stop and eat fries and onions rings in it too. The deck makes a great table on the D215.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-26-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
ditto Art. no shoes, step on the cushions all you want.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-26-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
I allow shoes, stuff is made to get used, so use it - don't be a boat Nazi.

I'm not saying anyone else is wrong, just the way I feel about the situation.

But who really wears shoes into a boat? Yeah they step in with them on, but give them 1min MAX in the sun and them shoes come off quick.

(Message edited by Sinkoumn on September 26, 2007)
Old    walt            09-26-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
I have a carpeted spot to step on when getting in but if I didn't I'd be fine with people stepping on the seat. I'd probably put a towel down though. Once your in I don't care where you step.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-26-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
Step with bare feet only. With that said on the 99 Supra I had I did the same. Only it was winter and cold out temp was about 50 and the side of the cushion cracked. I no longer do it when it's cold out.
Old     (vdriverider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-26-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
My seats get stepped on thats kinda what they are there for unless you wanna make everyone have to jump over them to get in. Not very nice and can be dangerous too. Aaron kudos for riding when its 50 out.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-26-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
my buddy jokes that my only rule is "no shoes in the boat". I agree that you don't want to be a boat nazi, my only real rule is to please be respectful and do the best you can to be careful inside the boat.

The no shoes rule is really because I think a lot of newbies don't realize that shoes can do serious damage to upholstery....
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-26-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
Big Les
Make no mistake I was not riding at that temp and never will. I was just working on the boat. That is way too cold for me.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-26-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
I have 4 rules on my boat no shoes, clean up after yourself, smoke on the platform, and NO LITTERING I don't consider my rules Nazi I consider it respecting my stuff
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-27-2007, 5:51 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. Keep em coming.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
We are the same as Aaron, step with feet only. You can wear shoes in the boat as long as they are on the carpet. Most of the time shoes are off but we do quite a bit of winter riding and its nice to leave your shoes on when its super cold. The interior still looks showroom after 500hrs.
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-27-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
no shoes in the boat.
walk all you want on the seats, no big deal.

If we are docked I always put a throw cushion down, on the seat, where people will enter the boat.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-29-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
Come on in through the pass through with removable carpet with your shoes ON, then take them off and move around as you like. Since my boat has entry/exit paths that are not upholstered, I would prefer you use them but it's not a bid deal if you step on a seat barefooted.