Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-30-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
I own a supra SSV, and the front bag drains a lot when surfing b/c of gravity. Anyone know of a plug you can buy that will fit in the thru-hull fitting for the drain? My other option is to re-run the drain line up around the bow and back to the drain (stern), or run the drain line up to the bow and add another thru hull fitting up there. I’ve heard of people adding a ball valve inline on the drain line, but wanted to see if anyone had a better idea?
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       10-30-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
try a wine cork -- the new kind made out of synthetic material. Just remember to take it out before you turn on the pump. It might blow it up.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-30-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
you could install an inline valve
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-30-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
Adam,

My center bag in my SSV did (does) the same thing. I added an in-line valve just before the thru-hull fitting. I fill up the sac and then close the valve. Not a drop escapes. You just have to make sure that you open the valve before you start draining. It was really simple. The valve was around $7 at Home depot.

Note to Skier's Choice: This wouldn't be a problem if you located the thru-hull drain for the center sac at the bow. With the drain opening located at the stern each time you pull a rider up inertia sends water from the front sac out towards the stern, right out the drain.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-30-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
Richard, supposedly the problem has been fixed for 07. My only issue with your way is that I have to let the rear bag drain down far enough to were I can reach the valve and open it to drain the front sac. My front bag takes forever to drain. But I think your way is proabbly the best. Do you have to keep the valve open for the bag to vent while filling?

Have you ever forgotten to open the valve to drain? what happened, if so?
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-30-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
Adam,

You are correct that if your rear sac is filled all the way it can be difficult to reach the valve, although it's really not a problem (I have the GG bags and can still get to the valve when the rear sacs are full). I leave the valve open while filling just in case I forget to turn off the fill switch when the bag gets full.

I have had other people who were driving my boat start to drain the front sac without opening the valve. Fortunately I've caught them and got them to turn off the drain pump before anything happened. If the drain continued to pump with the valve closed I would imagine that at some point the drain hose would come off of the valve because of the pressure. Either that or the pump would fail? In two years with this system I haven't had any issues.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-30-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
The sprinkler valves they use don't seal closed unless they have 15PSI on them, so they seep back through the pump. Check valves help.