Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-31-2003, 8:12 AM Reply   
Does anybody have a good article or thread on every aspect of making a fiberglass sub box? Also, links to sites to buy the materials? Thanks.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-01-2003, 5:37 PM Reply   
Check out www.diyTower.com for some good info, also search the archives here as there have been some really awesome projects posted.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       11-01-2003, 8:31 PM Reply   
I have been building one for a while and found it was just easier to try and do it myself.

One of those things where you just have to be smarter than the material. Its all a matter of figureing out what you want it to look like, square rounder tubes... How you will build it depends on the shape you chose for it.

For mine I have just cut out my faceplate and top, then it was a matter of figureing out what will bend and stay in a uniform circle shape. Wood, NO: Went with very heavy poster board and bent it around trimmed excess then it was a matter of molding fiberglass to fit on it. Fiberglass is easy part, going a form for the fiberglass is the hard part. While it may not look pretty yet the finish coat is what makes the diff. Some sanding and filler and it will be all smooth.

Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-01-2003, 9:04 PM Reply   
a friend and I made a fiberglass sub box. super messy and fun and time consuming project, but the results are well worth it. we easily squeezed two 12s under the drivers dash. it is a sealed box, it bumps, sounds a lot better than a wood box.

dfufgyu
dgh
tyury
ryurty
rtyety
ryertye
rtyrtyerty
eterte
eterter5
ertyerty
ertweryry
etertyrety