Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (sammm724centurion)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
So I am just landing 360's and want to move onto inverts. I am goofy foot and get more air and distance going heelside into the wake. I have heard different inverts are easier.

----- tantrums/frontrolls/backrolls?

.....What should I try?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
try an x-mobe first.

jk...backrolls are the most forgiving...I'd go with that.
Old    murrayair            09-18-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
My first invert was a tantrum. IMO those are the easiest. Try a tantrum and a backroll and see which one is more natural for you, then learn it. They are both relatively easy once you try them a few times, especially compared to a 360, which you said you can land, so I think you'll have no problems.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-18-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
Although some people land the tantrum first vs backroll, I strongly concur that the backroll is MUCH more forgiving.

I never once hurt myself on a backroll, tantrums everytime crush my ankles.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-18-2006, 10:40 PM Reply   
I think Backroll is easiest to learn (more natural feeling) but a Tantrum is far more consistant, and easier once both are learned.
Old     (sammm724centurion)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-19-2006, 1:55 AM Reply   
Thanx for the info guys, I'll let you know which one I try/land first!
Old     (brad24)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-19-2006, 6:05 AM Reply   
which one hurts less to fall on? Tantrums havent hurt / I havent gotten hurt at all yet but I havent tried a backroll and it seems that if u underrottated the backroll you'd eat it hard - no? As well, I'm trying tantrums going slowly and its a rare thing for me to try it. I'm in the exact same predicament (except that I'm regular footed).
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-19-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
Definately try both tantrum's and backroll's. Some people are more natural at one than the other. Also, if you spend all day trying to land one and cant get it, you have something else to try.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
backroll for me. (Tantrum has too much timing involved for me to call it an easy invert) The backroll you simply ride up the wake turn your head and 'bamp' you're on your feet again.

In addition, there are all the time threads going by where people talk about injuries from Tantrums. Ankles, knees. You never see people saying they injured something on a backroll.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-20-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
Back roll for me. I will start to work on the tantrum later this year, probably.

Pick one and stick to it.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-20-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
"You never see people saying they injured something on a backroll."

Cracked a rib in the learing process of the backroll years ago, but i still agree the backrollis easier to learn.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-21-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
I've eaten it pretty hard on each one, at least the people in the boat think so, wear your helmate, you'll be laughing at everyone cringing
Old     (cp3)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-21-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
First wear a helmet. its smart. I just did my first backroll. only took about 5 tries before I landed it. only at total shiz once but boy did it hurt just dont under rotate. to get ready a guy told me to do some hs front hand grabs which made it a little easier. think bout to try tantrum next.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-22-2006, 12:09 AM Reply   
How about a toeside front roll? Are they pretty hard to learn? I tried learning a backroll one day and kept letting go with my back hand and it stopped my rotation and I fell out of the sky like a rock.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-22-2006, 5:37 AM Reply   
Backroll or Tantrum are the easiest to learn if you already have a solid wake to wake jump.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-23-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
the first invert i tried is a heelside frontroll, i can't get enough pop on my toeside to feel comfortable doing a frontroll