Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-17-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
CC wins J.D. Award 3 years in a row! Nice job CC, keep up the good work.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-17-2005, 4:56 PM Reply   
WOW ranked highest with customer satisfaction, I dont remember anybody I know being asked by JD Power about this?? makes you wonder....
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-17-2005, 5:31 PM Reply   
That's pretty good!!!

Austin ~ When you say keep up the good work,what do you mean?
They haven't changed anything!

I know and alot of people are gonna say that they don't need to but I beg to differ!!!I think they need to keep improving their product to stay on top and if they don't..?????
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-17-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=48
Old     (delbert)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-17-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
Can't figure the math. The fine print in correct craft adds (WS boat buyer guide) shows 2003 study based on 10,734 owners of 2002 and early 2003 model year boats. The Add above looks like the new number is now 12k. Last I had seen on this site was that Malibu sold the most boats at around 2,600 per year. Where do the other 8k responses come from?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2005, 7:12 PM Reply   
Most CC zelots answer 2 or 3 times to be sure.
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-17-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
Ed... Yeah, since the 211, 1 1/2 years ago, its all been the same. Just saying what they do, they do well. But I agree, you can't just add a sticker to a glove box cover and polish the towers and say the '05s are different from the '04s.

Hopefully '06 will have something new in store. If I'm correct, the 210 is the next model up for being re-done! It was re-done last in '01 or '02, while all the other models, except for the 196's TSC2 hull (redone in '02) were all new innovations from '03 or later.

I'd like to see what CC does w/ the 210, I never really likes the design of the rubrail how it comes to an end and how it still has the old style not-so-slanted windshield. If they could make a mix between the 210 and the 216, style wise, I think that'd be my next boat of choice.
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-17-2005, 7:22 PM Reply   
Darren, who told you that?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-17-2005, 7:22 PM Reply   
CC OWNERSHIP GOGGLES ARE POWERFUL!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-17-2005, 7:32 PM Reply   
does the jd power award mean anything ? i bought my cc 211 because i like the boat and the local dealer.

most cc owners are are pretty laid back compared to most

looking at most boat owners websites, i think bu owners are the most zealous (my opinion as a nautie owner..)
Old    akman            02-17-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
Haters......
Old    whitechocolate            02-17-2005, 8:31 PM Reply   
Gramp's LOL
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-17-2005, 9:45 PM Reply   
I think I would like to see more of a change in the tower,board racks and interior.The hull and the oldschool windshield is a trademark so I wouldn't change that!I know the tower is oldschool too,It looks good I just don't think it's nearly tall enough and the boardracks I think they can come up with something better!
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-17-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
If they changed the windshield already I would be a CC owner right now
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-17-2005, 10:21 PM Reply   
Here is the deal.....they send out surveys to owners....What incentive does an owner have to give a bad review? None....having a "triple crown" helps with resale value.

Plus if you fill out the survey you get a Dollar!!!

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 6:25 AM Reply   
yeah i was thinking the same thing about how many competion boats are even made in a year. Amongst all manufacturers there is only roughly 10,000 boats made in a year.....right???? Not exact but close and that means that we were all sent JD Powers sureveys.... I have bought 3 boats now and never seen one..... not saying CC is not a good boat, but that sounds like some fuzzy math
Old     (ptexx)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-18-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
If you go to the J.D. power site you will find info on how it is done. there were 12,000 owners surveyed(not just cc).Also if you read the press release you will see that jd powers found that those who test drove their boats before hand were the most pleased with their purchase.I point this out because alot of people buy boats on impulse. It is important that the decision be made on the water not at the desk of a salesman. Enough about that.Remember not everyone will get a survey and not everyone will be happy with the results but there are alot of good boats on the market but there can only be one winner.
Old     (alotta_fagina)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-18-2005, 10:10 AM Reply   
Now i agree that cc makes a good boat, but lets look at the individual marks...

cc gets a 5 for design and styling, while mc only gets a 4? cc hasnt changed in design and styling, and still has the same boring stuff they had 10 yrs ago while mc flat out has better bling appeal.

cc gets a 5 for value while mal gets a 4? Last time i checked mal was thousands less than cc and same score across the board according to jd. How does that make sense?

Supra scored better in value than did moomba even when their scores are the same and moomba is the value priced boat in their line?!?

Many things about this survey are debatable, (like mc having 5 for quality and reliability and mal having 4) but i think most will agree that the scoring is a bit shadey.

Is there any handicapping since mal and mc sell more than twice as many than cc?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 10:27 AM Reply   
ptexx,
I know it is not just CC owners. Read this statement. "The J.D. Power and Associates 2005 Boat Competitive Information StudySM is based on responses from a total of 12,530 owners of 2003 and 2004 model-year boats registered between March 1, 2003 and May 31, 2004. www.jdpower.com"
My point is there is not even 12,000 inboards made in that time frame amongst all the builders. That means they would have to survey all of us and then go around and surevey us all again. Are you telling me they are compared against a glastron and bayliner too? well it is pretty tough to see the difference there......

Old    air_sv211            02-18-2005, 10:37 AM Reply   
Correct Craft all the way Baby. It always makes me laugh at the nasayers when an award like this is handed out and thier boat didn't win. All I can say is KNOW YOUR ROLL.

jk
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 10:43 AM Reply   
I am not naysaying. You will not find a person on here that says they are not a great boat. They build an awesome boat. People are just trying to figure out how JD Powers comes to its conclusions. I think the reason people get up in arms about CC is the owners act like their don't stink.. I think Big Dog's post replicates that.
Old    air_sv211            02-18-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
Are you saying my I don't think so. hahaha
Old    bigj            02-18-2005, 10:54 AM Reply   
I would like to know how this survey is actually done. Seems very selective to me, I bought a new wakeboard boat in 2004 and never recieved any survey from JD Powers. 12530 owners surveyed and approx. 10k inboards built. Does'nt seem to hold alot of credibility.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-18-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
Disclaimer:

I'm a CC owner.

Comment:

I like this trend! Regardless of the skepticism here (or on previous threads on this topic, see URL below) this only benefits CC owners and our resale value.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/89241.html
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
I checked the ratings, and this is what they had posted
On February 17, 2005, J.D. Power and Associates posted Power Circle Ratings from the 2005 Boat Competitive Information Study. At 12:00 noon PST today, we will repost the ratings, which have been revised due to a calculation error. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Old     (alotta_fagina)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-18-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
petexx, interesting pitch from a cc salesman.

diggs, you have to act that way to swallow the lump in your throat for spending too much money!
Old    air_sv211            02-18-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
I have no lump in my throat. It's only too much when you can't afford it.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
It now says 2 PST..... hmmm this could be interesting... maybe they figured out there is not even 12,530 ski boats made in 1 year or maybe they figured out it is impossible to get a response rate of over 100% on a survey
Disclaimer-- again no discredit to CC cause I do like their boats, hell I like all the inboards now. They all rock
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-18-2005, 11:54 AM Reply   
I guess my skin is a little to thick and I am a little too hard headed to be influenced by JD Power awards. Aren't these the same guys that awarded Toyota truck's top honors? I would never trust the frame of a Toyota to do what I have done with my Chevrolet.

That said I did just buy a new Nautique but I don't think there is that big of a difference in quality. Nautiques have been in my family for over 30 years and I have just learned to deal with thier shortcomings. I would never knock a buddies M/C, Bu, MB, Sanger, Centurion, or other. They are all good boats with very loyal followings. They all have their strong points and their weak points. Build quality and functionality are two of Nautique's stronger suits but I still think the back of my new boat is downright ugly when compared to some of the others. If looks were higher on my priority list I would be the proud owner of a Bu right now.

Be happy with what you have.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
I have 2 friends and a brother who bought (CC) in that time frame and dint recieve any survey from JD Powers????
Old    jzwake            02-18-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
I really hope people don't take the JD power awards as anything more then fluff. Seriously, last year CC got a 5 for storage. I still must not have found the secret storage compartments in my SAN. Is there a Code for these like up, up, down, down,left right,left,right, B,A, Start (30 lives in contra for NES)

As for styling in the earlier post: Just cause CC has not changed the look of the boat in 10 years does meant it can;t look good. I hate the look of the new MC's, differt strokes for different folks.
Old     (ptexx)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-18-2005, 12:52 PM Reply   
Garrett, Not a pitch but fact. It is all there for you to read. As I stated before, There are alot of great boats out there.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-18-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
GD POWER RATINGS:

CC - best EGO boat.
MC - best BLING boat.
BU - best PRACTICAL boat.
SANGER - best VALUE boat.

They are all good. Pros and cons to each.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-18-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
While the SAN is still one of my favorite boats, its not because of recent innovation...

1) slow to innovate in the right direction
- clamshell observer seat is lame
- interior design - pathetic storage - poor access
- gel coat tape on color lines
- square tower that does not fold low
- double covered six-pack cooler
- last to split the rear deck into three

2) fast to innovate in the wrong direction.
- edash, now gone
- power lock storage, now gone
- clamshell seats everywhere, now gone
- loopy tower against a square windshield
- late inferior board racks
- wedge tanks and smaller flat tanks
- hallway through the transom
- knee breaker knobs on rear hatches
Old    zboomer            02-18-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
The mere fact they rate CC "5's" across the board in every category makes the entire rating bogus.

CC owners are like Honda owners. They want to maintain the reputation of their brand, so when they do get a survey, they universally give it all top marks regardless of the truth.

Like the aforementioned top rating in storage? What a laugh that is. I think my old Prostar 205 had more storage than a SAN.

To be honest, I have a new boat on order, and one of the main reasons it's NOT a CC is the way their owners act, on here, and just about everywhere. Good boat or not, I wanted nothing to do with that crowd.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-18-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
Pretty good choice Micah....I really don't think we want your kind in our club. Nothing personal, I just don't think we are a good fit. Better luck with Supra...I think you will get along much better with their kind.

With all that said....if you do a lot of work and really try...maybe in a few years we could reconsider...

E.J.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-18-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
Oh yea....and as far as the JD Power.... Personally, I would rather "win" it than not. I have always been under the impression that winning is a good thing. Not that it matters much, but if you are going to be in the running, might as well win the award.

Carry on....

E.J.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
forget jd power and idiots. You could go to the ratings that really matter by those who know a thing or two about boats. Wakeworld and it's members vote mastercraft X star boat of the year two straight years.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-18-2005, 2:27 PM Reply   
How many of those voters do you think every road behind an X-Star Matt....or taken a test drive with one? Jesus Christ....BG was voted best wakeskater...right ahead of SB...

At least JD Power talks with actual boat owners.

E.J.

(Message edited by Deuce on February 18, 2005)
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 2:28 PM Reply   
Mathew Bird - yeah with all the 13 yr olds with no money to buy a boat that post on here and their pipe dreams.... I would believe that too....
now that is a good sample of the population..

(Message edited by tyler97217 on February 18, 2005)

Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 2:33 PM Reply   
easy everyone...lets keep the peace..
Old     (redram9873)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-18-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
This whole thing is screwed really. The JD thing is sent out to random customers of each boat company not all of them. From that they rate the boat company. I work for a MC dealer and only one of the 78 customers that we had last year received one. E.J. was right, I would rather "WIN" the award then not. I own a 2004 X-Star and love it, MC customer service is great, but I also hear that CC's is really good to. In my eyes if they won it they deserve it.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2005, 3:12 PM Reply   
I'm sorry i just had to do it i knew the second i said something some san owner was going to get his panties in a bunch. Part of my animosity towards CC isn't due to the boat but the dealer here in norcal. Love the pro shop guys but the boatsales treat people like their idiots. went 45 minutes away to get MC Because they had a better dealership. Ski World Rocks.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 3:40 PM Reply   
I rather win it then not but I don't think every CC owner is honest in the surveys!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 4:37 PM Reply   
Results are back up... CC still solid 5 accross the board. You know what is funny. If you look at them the marks they are all 3 or above. So if 3 is "does not really stand out" and 2 marks is "the rest" but noone got 2 marks anywhere then what is the benchmark. I am confused. Is that saying centurion and Sanger are the rest cause they are not listed. I think not cause we all know they are also quality boats with a good following. Strange how they come accross these results. I am going to have to look for my next JD power survey...... http://www.jdpower.com/cc/boats/jdpa_ratings/BoatRatings.jsp?boattype=6

Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 4:47 PM Reply   
this is hilarious, bunch of jealous ass haters
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-18-2005, 5:48 PM Reply   
This thread is hilarious!

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
Those of you that think people are hating on CC need to learn to read. That is not where this post has been going... At least not mine. Most people are merely chatting to see how they come up with the data. Then some CC owner comes in and talks crap. Totally on your side about the best wake. The best wake I rode behind was my buddies super air. I and most of us like the CC's. I am really starting to agree with Micah though..
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-18-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
Sorry, the steep wake is not necessarily the best wake. All the top boats make nice wakes and the differences are a matter of preference. Being over 40 with bad knees, I prefer the kinder and gentler wake these days. Also, on the Delta we are out ALL DAY long so we appreciate storage.
Old    hundo            02-18-2005, 6:46 PM Reply   
If you have nothing good to say then you(generally speaking) should keep the piehole closed. I think my parents said something like this, or was it keep quiet if you have nothing good to say. There's people who are j/o's who own each boat manufacture so....don't judge the book by the cover.
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-18-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
No surprise to me that most of the MC owners think J. D. is stupid. I bet if MC won they wouldn't be thinking that.

I really really hate it when people group people according to their boat and when people say "I hate those damn CC owners." B/c you know what? We're not all that bad, lol. I'm open to many other boats. My friend has a very nice MC and although I think it is showing way more than it's age, it is still a good boat, but I've never seen a worse boat owner in my life, so that just may the reason.

My family bought a CC due to customer loyalty, not wake, storage, but we've always owned a CC and even if we didn't think they make the best boat, we'd probably still buy one anyway!

Lets just all face it. CC won for a reason. No one should ever buy a boat based on this "competition," but it is nothing to laugh at either. I don't think the people at JD would go out of their way to make a useless survay, even if it wasn't sent to everyone.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 11:52 PM Reply   
Austin ~ I second that!!They definetly wouldn't make a useless survey.

I think just because Natique came out with a good product 10 years ago doesn't mean it doesn't need a change! from the rubrail up would be a start.(excluding their new line)they only need a change on the tower,board rack,etc.

(Message edited by Big_Ed_X2 on February 18, 2005)
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-19-2005, 3:15 AM Reply   
WEll im supra Owner but really dont care either way which boat wins or loses the JDPower rankings because i know which boats perform and which dont..I wouldnt turn down rides from any of the big name wakeboarding boats ..My favorites are what most are The Supra Launch series,The wakesetter Vlx series,the X2 ,and yes even the mighty SAN/CC Super series..These boats are all awesome and have great wakes...

However Price availability,dealers ,friends oppinions,family ownership history and Advertising all play key roles in why WE Choose what WE choose..Id never buy aboat,car or house off what some survey says..

ON that note i dont think the SAN or CC needs an Overhaul there boats are great,wakes are always big and hard ,good on gas ,easy to weight,and have a good solid feel to them ...why do they need to innovate???Screw that innovation only means more expensive boats ,most dont even perform better then its Predecessor..I mean im not knocking those out ther choosing the bigger boats boat like the New Xstar,X80,X45 25 lsv,24 ssv etc but these prices are rediculous and all your getting is a boat that can hold more people and gear but the wakes arent better ,worse in most casesIMO,they use more gas and cost twice as much..Not to mention you need a bigger tow vehicle and bigger storage..IMO not worth it at all..

all that being said maybe if Nauty reinvents the 210 and keeps the old 210 as a lessor line like MC did with the X2 then the prices may drop on those lines and someone like me can finally afford one or better said can justify paying the price they are asking for these new boats..

Maybe im old school and thats why im still in my 2k supra LaunchDD the last 5 years and happy with it..wake cant get much better ,tons of room and storage and i paid a lot less then they are asking for the new models even in my boat,about 8k less for pretty much the same boat with more bling...

Ok im done ranting ;) :-)
Old    fatboy1            02-19-2005, 5:01 AM Reply   
I love this thread, I own a CC and I am glad they won but last year when I bought mine the JD power survey had nothing to do with my choice. I am a converted MC owner and I will never go back, don't be haten, that's just MHO.
Old    powerstroke            02-19-2005, 5:44 AM Reply   
who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!just be glad you are fortunate to own a boat and have fun and free time to ride. i take it most of you have never been to some foreign countries. be thankful...goodness the things some people get all bent up about. i own an old boat and love it. would love a new one just the same... but i cant afford it. you know why because i defend the place you ride. along with a lot of other fine americans. and to see stuff like this makes me sick. about who is cooler or has the most bling. take your bling to iraq and see how far you get... grow up...................
Old    fatboy1            02-19-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
I thank you for your service and for what you do for our country. But you joined, you weren't drafted so liten up a little Bro.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-19-2005, 10:16 PM Reply   
fatboy who are you pinging on??
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-19-2005, 11:10 PM Reply   
read the previous post..
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-19-2005, 11:20 PM Reply   
Ryan, I too serve our fine country but remember the things we see others cant relate to. For most people they think the war is about oil, but if you EVER have been there then you feel like see the holocust all over again but everybody else has blinders on when its really about taking care our fellow man....WE Americans have our own world bro and need a place to vent,discuss,and exchange ideas, and its NOT right to ping somebody for something like that,Im sure 99% of the people in this forum support us!!. Trust me it makes me sick to my stomach to watch people protest and say they are thinking of us BULL----!
they just want to protest something. Watch the News I'm sure you have see the Berkly couple who have been hanging dead (mockup) soldiers from their house in Sacramento (were they never stay)....
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-20-2005, 2:43 AM Reply   
Kenny, America is only 2% of the world population. So like saying the rest has blinders on is a little strange to say..

Back to the topic, it's great thing that CC "won" the JD awards, but as a CC owner I don't find it usefull or very valuable.
Old    fun9c1            02-20-2005, 7:01 AM Reply   
All I have to say is I hope CC never changes the windshield. I think the CC has by far the best looking boat on the market, due in large part to the windshield. The really sloped ones all the others have just make it look like a FourWinns or a Donzi and not a real competition boat.

Hey I think MC Malibu Ski Cent, etc are all good boats. I like 'em all. If your boat is what you like and you have fun with it, who gives a crap what the brand is.
Old    bigj            02-22-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
Correct Craft a better value than Malibu.

Correct Craft better in design and styling than Mastercraft.

Correct Craft gets a 5 for storage.

This is all really funny sh%t!
Old    air_sv211            02-22-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
Don't be haten.
Old    bigj            02-22-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
Not haten at all Dog, I like Nautiques. I do wonder about the integrity of this survey however when Indmar engines recieved the top award for inboard motors, I.E. M/C, Malibu. But Correct Craft is still awarded 5 stars for Quality and Reliability. Last time I checked reliability was a direct correlation to power train issues / non issues. Any intellegent buyer would see past this survey as a purchasing tool. Just my honest opinion.
Old    air_sv211            02-23-2005, 4:54 AM Reply   
The JD Power survey made absolutely no impact on my purchase, I am intelligent enough to compare the boats and make my own mind up. But it is nice to see that others in the boat buying community agree with you.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-23-2005, 7:01 AM Reply   
Opinions are like.... well you know.

These surveys and reviews like them are great for general information and guidance but that is about it.

Value is such a subjective term. What is valued by one person, may not be others. For example, it is clear that SAN owners don't put a high value on storage but more on wake quality (amoung other things).

Anyway, like others are saying, no one review or survey is going to tell you what boat you should by. All of these surveys, reviews and personal experiences should be absorbed so you understand the pros and cons of each boat. Only you can decide which of those pros and cons are "valuable" to your boating/wakeboarding experience.