Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    wakeboardjo            07-29-2003, 12:54 PM Reply   
hey guys, I really started getting into wakeboarding this summer and love it. Unfortunately I've had a few set backs and one of them is not being able to go enough. I would love to ride every day that we could get butter, but I'm stuck with just the weekends and an occasional weekday as it is. I've been trying to talk my parents into buying a boat(not easy for a 17 year old to do) and was wondering if anyone knew what your average used wakeboarding boat would go for or if anyone was selling one?

I really don't think that they'll go for a brand new $40000 boat so I'm definitely gonna have to look at used ones to see if I can pitch them the idea!
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-29-2003, 10:58 PM Reply   
I think the older Supra throw a pretty nice wake, and they still have enough freeboard(high sides of the boat) so you don't get drenched when you weigh them down. It's all about your price range though. Once you get into the 15K + range you can get a really nice wake boat...
Old    wakeboardjo            07-30-2003, 8:16 AM Reply   
15k-25k was realy what we are looking for, although i think i could swing upper 20's for a slightly used boat.
Old    stormrider            07-30-2003, 9:50 AM Reply   
My 02 Moomba Mobius LSV is for sale; tandem axle trailer with brakes and back up lights, tower, racks, full bimini,tonneau, storage cover, heater, 140 hours; will throw in fat sacks and pump to if needed. This is the least expensive V-drive true wakeboard boat out there. Asking $27,900. I'm in San Diego.
Old    martini            07-30-2003, 5:37 PM Reply   
new boats cost more than $40k, try $60k!!!!

the 1999 supra "Launch" has a nice wake, but,the constuction is not the best...

becareful with your selection! not all boats are alike...
Old    rdierolf            07-30-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
try the mastercraft x30 thats a sweet boat
Old    wakeboardjo            07-30-2003, 10:31 PM Reply   
jeez pete, i dont want a 2003 x-star. Local marine store said 37 for wakesetter and 41 for a x-2 i think...might have been an x-10. any pics of that Mobius Steven?
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-31-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
Chris:

Wondering what state you live in to get an X-2 at $41 and a wakesetter at $37. Thanks!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-31-2003, 9:04 AM Reply   
Dang! those must be the boats with the no trailer/delete motor options!
Old    stormrider            07-31-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
Chris: my boat is exactly like the one in this picture. http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/0/46557840.htm

Tandem axle trailer, red/white/grey. The 03s have a three piece swim step; mine is one piece. Other options listed above, as well. I'll get pics up in the next couple days. Listed in Boattrader, as well.
Old    wakeboardjo            07-31-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   
im in Texas Kimmy
Old    stormrider            07-31-2003, 10:05 AM Reply   
Okay, I need some definite info: I'm about to buy an 03 X-2 or a SANSE. Is 41k the price for the X-2, not including tax and interest, but including, tower, bimini, tandem axle trailer, front/rear ballast, tonneau and heater?

Any help would be grrrrreatly appreciated!