Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-22-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
This is my last summer before college and my friend and I are thinking about wakeboarding at least 4 days/ week this summer. I have been working for a while saving up for all the expenses and plan to keep my boat at a marina for easy access to the water. I was wondering if anyone has any experience doing this and recomendations for this. I also plan on working the 3 days im not wakeboarding. Is it a dumb idea leaving the ballast bags filled when not using the boat? Is keeping your boat at a marina unsecure? Our boat will be the only waterski/wakeboard boat at the marina.
We wont have a third all the time either, I dont think it is a law in Louisiana and there are no cops where we will be riding.

Im sure I will get into tons of fights with my friend because we will be driving for each other.

Let me know your experiences with this.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-22-2005, 4:34 PM Reply   
My boat is left in the water at the end of my dock at the cabin and I have left the ballast bags filled over a week before and it was fine. Just make sure you have an automatic bildge pump in case a bag breaks. Also, they will start to smell so empty them once a week or so.
Old     (sam8)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-22-2005, 5:12 PM Reply   
Leo,

The most important thing you can do this summer is enjoy it. Take lots of pictures, time begins to fly, very soon..
Old    absolutofft            01-23-2005, 2:37 PM Reply   
The boat will get pretty dirty being in the marina all the time so you should take it out once a month for cleaning. Are you going to be leaving the cover off? My bilge pump failed while the boat was in the marina, luckily I got to boat after the weekend before the water had risen about the carpet line.

I also got my ballast bag bungs stolen
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-23-2005, 3:44 PM Reply   
We normally clean the boat after every ride. We will not be leaving it in the water. We will tow it out of the water, so we will probably have to empty a few of the bags because the truck towing capacity is like 4000lbs.
Old    wakenboard            01-23-2005, 5:53 PM Reply   
there are still plenty of awesome summers ahead in college too! the fun doesn't stop there!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-23-2005, 6:08 PM Reply   
" time begins to fly, very soon.." No doubt.

The problem with leaving fat sacw full is the water on the floor never gets to dry. Mildew probs. Maybe you can get some lead.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-24-2005, 5:17 AM Reply   
I am working on the lead. I want about 300 lbs, but we will still be using all the ballast with the lead.