Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-01-2008, 6:11 PM Reply   
I have a 2007 Recoil and Driver boots. I like the bindings but I'm thinking about upgrading to the PB Floyds for the footbed and more simple lace system. I also think that I will like the softer boot better, especially since the closed toe still gives you really good board response.

Do any of you guys with some time on those have a review? Has anybody spent time on the Floyds and the D2 and what's the verdict?
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-01-2008, 6:22 PM Reply   
I'm getting the PB Floyds tomorrow. From what I've seen they are a way better design then the Driver boots. Huge improvement. I haven't actually put my feet in them yet cause my friend has a smaller pair, but they look way good.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-01-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
They do look very cool and also look like they have great new features. Hopefully the white won't get too funked out.
Old    wiz            05-01-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
i've got a pair on my 07 recoil. i love them. they're easier to get into. i like the "hiking boot" style of lacing em up. it makes it faster. the boots are way more flexible than last years drivers. i like 'em alot better. plus white looks better on my green board!
Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-02-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
I love them, super comfy and way better then last years drivers. The D2's are a little higher and stiffer. PB's are lower cut and a little more flexible. Love the heat molded liners. I dont use the ankle brace though, ditch that and they're nice and tight with hardly and heel lift but you can still come out when you eat s*#t.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-02-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
has anyone had problems with the 07 Drivers breaking? i've busted the footbed on 2 of them already this year, and i've only had about 15 runs in. did slingshot redesign anything else on the 08's besides the lacing system?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-02-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
i had a pair of 07's rip on the lacing...other than that they've been great... i had to redo my new 07's lacing to make it more simple... but other than that no issues...

I'll prob get into some Floyds this summer though
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-02-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
I run em & so does another guy in my crew. He runs his without the ankle braces & run'em with them. Great bindings better by far than the drivers................
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-02-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
you can see all the slingshot gear described on video on you tube.

D2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epbI0TZ_7yk&feature=PlayList&p=A2D9736D169 D351E&index=11
PB Floid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxzJ2ruedvE&feature=PlayList&p=A2D9736D169 D351E&index=12
All slingshot wake vids http://youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A2D9736D169D351E

i tried both the PB floids and D2s in the store and i didn't like the hiking boot type lace though and got the D2s so if you think you will like the lace style i would go for it.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-02-2008, 10:07 PM Reply   
jay (ironj32)

I have seen a pair of '07 drivers with problems in the "foot bed" area at a store in Utah. The rep at the store showed them to me. It is my understanding that the first models had a plastic that was not standing up to the impacts. The problem was remedied early on and bindings were made with much better material in the sole from then on. maybe you got some older bindings that were never caught and replaced with the ones with better plastic.

If my memory serves me right, the rep in the store showed me the difference between the old soles and the "new" soles. The more durable soles had a kind of textured plastic and the old ones that had problems was a smooth plastic. If your broken ones have the smooth plastic then you probably have the old ones

It is my guess that slingshot would replace those bindings, have you tried contacting them? that is if what i have described fits your "problem"
Old    wiz            05-03-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
i had the 07 drivers & the footbed broke. i'd say take 'em back to the shop u bought them from. they'll probably send 'em off 4 u or may even swap them out if they have any left. i took mine back & Jessica at Overboard just gave me another pair. the local shops around here are incredible to deal with on warrant issues.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-03-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
thanks for the info guys. my shop is really good about warranty issues. the first these bindings broke was on my 3rd set this year. got them replaced, and now have broken again on my 14th set. yes they are the smooth plastic footbeds.
Old     (drive139)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-03-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
chuck you dont even know what you are talking about you pathetic piece of crap. You have to be the biggest vag jj I have ever seen in my life. Learn a damn tantrum. HAHA
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-03-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
not only do the new '08 SS boots have the addition of the poron foot beds but the soles are made from a thick EVA foam which i am sure will add to the shock absorption a bit ;)
still can't wait to actually try my D2s on the water and not just at the store or in my bed-room.
Old    wiz            05-04-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
homer jones-- u tatted up, gimp, no wakeboarding va-jj! keep ur negative comments to urself! now go sell something!!!