Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (sidewayz)      Join Date: May 2006       02-07-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
Anyone hear about or been on the Slingshot wakeboards yet? They have a website, but no contact info.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-07-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
whats the link to there website.
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-07-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
They have some "flex" boards featured in the new Alliance issue. I've heard from some friends that the flex feature gives them a very similiar feeling to a snowboard. They also said that the board had huge pop once they got used to it. The boards are a little bit thicker than a snowboard and have a diffent hole pattern to mount slingshot bindings but adapter plates for bindings other than slingshot will be available.
Here is a link with some pictures:
http://www.alliancewake.com/default2.aspx?pg=article&id=393
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-07-2007, 9:10 PM Reply   
sorry tyler. only slingshot bindings will fit a slingshot board but their bindings have an adaptor lplate to fit other boards.
they are pretty cool boards but I'm a little concerned about their durability. They are ridiculously thin in the tips and tails, but snowboards are about as thin and they dont break.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-07-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
I found this doing a search:

http://www.slingshotwake.com/
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-08-2007, 6:59 AM Reply   
Proho, I knew there was some sort of adapter plate I just wasn't sure whether it was for the board or for the bindings. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-08-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
i saw the set up at the LA boat show...looks like they have it gonig on forsure...cant wait to ride one...
Old     (sidewayz)      Join Date: May 2006       02-08-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
Thanks for the website tate, but there is no contact info... Just wondering if people are stoked on them and how to get ahold of them.