Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (sang_bangin)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-20-2009, 4:38 PM Reply   
Does anyone have this problem? I have fuel spilling out of the vent while I am driving.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-20-2009, 4:44 PM Reply   
The valve is called a Racor LG50. Overtons & Skidim.com used to sell it.

Or just don't fill it up that much.

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on July 20, 2009)
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-20-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
I have that problem with my V215, I don't top it off after it clicks off automatically but it still will spill out when on the brakes hard when full. A boat shop guy said to try and make a loop in the vent line before getting the Racor valve.

It's on my list to get the valve, just been to lazy I guess, it sucks when it spills out all over the trailer and side of the boat, so I usually try and hit the brakes hard when its full a few times at 5 mph to get the majority out before the drive home. I'm not very green, and it evaporates pretty fast off the pavement but i would bet if a cop saw it could earn you some type of ticket
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-20-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
^^^ Do a loop in the fuel line just before the through hull and it will remedy the problem.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-20-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
hate did you have to splice in some more vent line? I don't think I have enough line in there now to do it, but I guess a union and some hose clamps would extend it?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-20-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
My 06 V210 was having the same problem so I called Sanger and they sent out the valve and I installed it in a few minutes. Problem solved.
Old     (sang_bangin)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-20-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, I'll give it a try.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-21-2009, 7:18 AM Reply   
Scott, yes.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-21-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
We had the same thing happen with our 06 V215. We took it in to the dealer and they fixed it for us, no charge.