Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (ddmracing05)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-30-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
http://images.traderonline.com/EMedia/tarchive2/6/14000563830000012_1.jpg

Thats the boat. It will be my first sporting boat. They dont seem to have a good repuation except from other dealers but i dont see why it would matter from them cause we arent buying it from a dealer. They say i wont be dissapointed. Yea its $21,500. Do these boats seem to be ok?

(Message edited by ddmracing05 on April 30, 2007)

(Message edited by ddmracing05 on April 30, 2007)
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-30-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
What model is it, cant tell from the pic? Moombas make a good boat, that one looks like the same hull as the new Outback V. It can throw a nice wake. The only people you see ragging on Moombas are the people that feel the need to justify their 70k boats, and there's a lot of them around here.
Old     (ddmracing05)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-01-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
yea ive noticed. I think it will be nice but there are several people trying to buy it before us so yea we will see what happens if it doesnt sell this week we are getting it for sure. Thanks for the reply. Oh and we are on low budget so please all u richer people, dont tell me to buy a 30,000+ boat. Thanks
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-01-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
That looks like the original Mobius, they made until the XLV came out in 2003. I can't tell from the pic if it is a v-drive version, they made both a v and direct drive. I had an 2001 V drive. Wake is very solid and large with the right ballest configuration. Inspect the boat throughly (any used boat) look under seats, around the ski locker for gel cracks, check all of the screws that anchor the top deck to the floor/liner. I put 660 hours on mine between July 01 and May 05. Great value. Sold for $25000 in 05.

(Message edited by mobv on May 01, 2007)
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-01-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
My first boat was an 04 Moomba outback and if weighted properly they throw a nice wake. I was happy with mine, but wanted something bigger. I sold that moomba for only a thousand less than I paid for it two years later and a little over 200 hundred hours.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-01-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
Looks like the Mob-V. Like George, I loved mine, and thought was a great value for the money. I put over 700hrs on it and it still ran solid the day I sold it. The best part about owning it was the fact that it was backed by Skier's Choice. I've yet to be more impressed with any of the manufactures than I was with Rick Tinker's group. If you put the CG games ballast bags in one, the wake is impressive.

Upload
Upload

Upload
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-01-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
I have a Mobius and don't regret buying it one day. Don't get me wrong I would love to have a MasterCraft or Nautique some day but until then Moomba's are a great boat at a good price, and it throws a decent wake. Congrats on the new boat, you'll love it.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
Just inspect it and take it out for a test drive. If the boat is well kept it will last just as long as any other name brand boat out there. Let us know when you pick it up. .

Also if that is a Mobius V 22ft that would seem to me to be a great deal if it is good condition.