Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-30-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
Anyone has ridden or has a 1999 Ski Nautique??

A friend of mine is planning on getting one for boarding but I told him I'd find out about the wake here before he pulls the trigger.

Anyone has any experience? pics?
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-30-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
what model? a 196 wakeboard wake will suck!
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       11-30-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
My friend owns a 96 Supersport and I think the wake is pretty good even without added ballast. Pretty steep compared to my Malibu. His surf wake is a different story...
Not sure if that is the same hull you are talking about.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       11-30-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
For wakeboarding?

It will suck. It will completely and unfixably suck, unless you weight it with a second 1999 Ski Nautique.

For slalom you'd be hard pressed to find a better (SMALLER) wake.

The hull Tim brings up is a T O T A L L Y different story and probably shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread - as it just serves to confuse some people.

(Message edited by juniorhawk on November 30, 2007)
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-01-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
The 196 wake is never gonna be big even if you drag it on the bottom of the lake, the wake is not meant for wakeboarding, The 206 hull is a little better and they even make a team edition with ballast and a tower but the wake still won't be impressive. If he wants a nautique then look towards a pro air or an older sport nautiqe,(much better hull shape for wake size) and most definatly stay away from the airtique (176) cause you can pull that thing across the lake with a good edge.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-01-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
The 1999 Ski Nautique rides on a TSC II hull. Highly technical design for world class SLALOM skiing to produce little to no noticable wake and minimal spray at extremely short line lengthes. One of the best slalom rigs ever produced, a perfect companion boat to a SAN, S-Star, or VLX, if you ski in the slalom course and wakeboard.

Definately not a great wakeboard boat (mis-application of technology).