Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-29-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
I have worked on the ballast, stereo, board racks, mirror.
What should i do next?
hot water shower
FAE
LED's

what will I get the most use out of?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-29-2007, 5:31 PM Reply   
If you surf..........FAE

(Message edited by chpthril on November 29, 2007)
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-29-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
FAE
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-30-2007, 1:43 AM Reply   
Perhaps a stupid question... But what is a FAE?!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-30-2007, 1:50 AM Reply   
Fresh Air Exhaust by Larry Mann
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-30-2007, 4:19 AM Reply   
I have looked at the FAE, and my question is will it work with the wedge?
I also have the STE (turndown exhaust) tips will this make things harder?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-30-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
You remove the turned down tips and screw on new flanges for the FAE. I don't know if there is enough space to go around the wedge when it's up.
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-30-2007, 6:11 PM Reply   
I know...
The more I think about it the more I should remove the wedge and add FAE.
but it is nice to be able to drop the wedge for surfing (when not REALLY setting up for surfing). I was hopiing that someone would post that a Hot water shower was worth the effort.
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-30-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
Remove the wedge? You didnt just say that. I did use a hot shower last weekend, everyone used it quite a bit, especially to warm up cold gear.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-30-2007, 7:49 PM Reply   
have you considered doing a heated drivers seat. I got one but have yet to install it because I need to have my drivers seat bottom redone. I really wish I did it earlier since there were plenty of cold mornings where my dad woulda been a much happier camper pulling me if his butt and back were warm and toasty

(Message edited by wakeboardin2k4 on November 30, 2007)
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-30-2007, 11:01 PM Reply   
Here is a place to get seat heaters. You could also do the observers seat, or any other location.
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/seatheatac.html

My neighbor installed a shower in his I/O and claims it's better than having a heater. (I'm installing a second heater this winter) He says the Heatercraft produced showers are the best. Of course he uses his boat mostly when camping so a hot shower is a wonderful thing, for him.

I was looking at some pictures of the exhaust and wedge on the Malibu. An FAE is possible. It just requires a couple of extra shallow bends. The downpipe and T section would only require an inch of clearance from the wedge so that portion would be closer to the back of the swim platform than on most boats but you could still do it. It would not interfere with the effectiveness of the wedge and it is really useful for surfing.