Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (drumnwake420)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-05-2007, 1:24 AM Reply   
It was my girlfriends birthday this weekend and it "almost" slipped my mind... anyways at the last minute I decided to get her her own wakeboard because she is always using my little brothers and I know that she has always wanted her own. SO to make a long story short, without doing much research at all, I got online and bought her a Liquid Force Maven Cadence. The problem is I thought i ordered the smaller board but the board that came is a 134. She's 5'6" 115 pounds... not a very big girl. Is this board a good quality board and the other question is, will it be too big for her?

I have never seen her so happy as when we got home and she found her surprise lying on the bed! She really loves the board and that makes me happy... but is it going to work ok for her?

She has been riding for about 2 years and can ride switch and jump wake to wake easily.. My brother's board is a 134 LF Substance... with that board she tends to really charge the wake at supersonice speeds and she clears the wake landing out in the flats with about medium pop skywards... I guess Im just worried about dissapointing her when we go out on the lake this weekend

p.s. I actually caught her standing on it in front of the mirror....

Thanks for your replies!
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-05-2007, 2:02 AM Reply   
the 134 should be just fine.
Old     (dav51lin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-05-2007, 2:14 AM Reply   
134 cadence is the same board as the subtance.

(Message edited by dav51lin on June 05, 2007)
Old     (sskitebabe)      Join Date: May 2007       06-05-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
I think that's a pretty standard board size for her height and weight. That's what I figured from the girl's posts on this site anyway. I'm her same build and went for a 132, just because I come from smaller kite boards and the board I wanted didn't come in a 134 anyway. But, if you check out the girls site on here, there are some riders around 100 pounds still riding the 134 boards. They seem to like the Cadence.