Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-30-2011, 8:02 AM Reply   
Last night I was pulling my buddy on his wakeskate behind the X-star loaded down. He is getting fairly good at wakeskating since he is a amazing skater. I notice that nearly every time he went wake to wake he would case the wake a little bit. When I asked him about this he didnt even really know he was doing it. I wakeskate a little bit from time to time, but for me it's like throw back 2001 wakeskating, all lip tricks and shuvs in the flats and what not. This morning I watched this video of Reed Hansen and noticed he does the same thing.

http://www.alliancewake.com/skate/re...in-the-clouds/

So my question is, dose casing a bit on a wakeskate help? Is this the norm? Does it make landing easiery? I know on a wakeboard casing the wake hurts the knees. I watched a few more wakeskate videos this morning and really everyone seems to case the wake a bit with the exception of Grubb. After I told my buddy to charge a bit more at the wake, every time he would clear the wake he would get ejected off the wakeskate. Not trying to hate in any way, just curious to hear from other wakeskaters.

Has anyone else noticed this??
Old     (BWB745)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-30-2011, 8:09 AM Reply   
Not a wakeskater, just mess around on occasion, but I would imagine landing soft on the wake would make the board shoot out from under them maybe?

Casing it a bit might give them a firmer grip on the board.

Again, I'm just thinking of the physics of it.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-30-2011, 8:12 AM Reply   
That's kinda my thoughts too.