Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (beef)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-03-2008, 8:31 AM Reply   
The wake is sooo much better with weight up front in my V-Ride, so I have decided to purchase the Fly High Integrated Bow Sac. I measured the bow area, and it seems like the nose of the sac is too bulky to fit properly. Does anyone out there have this set-up? I'm guessing YES. Whatcha think? I've heard these sacs are great, but maybe for a larger bow area?

Thanks
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-03-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
I plumbed one in my 04 VLX and it fit fine but I have not had a chance to fill it. Waiting for some nice weather.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-03-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
I have an integrated bow sac in my SAN 210 and it is great. My available space under the front seats has to be smaller then yours and I just fill it till it takes up all of the available space and then shut the pump off. Works great for me but I am probably getting around 350 lbs in there instead of the full 600 or so lbs. that is possible. Therefore it will work for whatever size space you have available but it may not be filled all the way.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-03-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
Hey Peter,
How did you plumb your bow sack? Is it setup like the rest of the tanks?
I'll be doing this too soon enough.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       03-03-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
I did one in my 04 VLX. Works great, but on the scale I only get about 210-220lbs out of it due to available space. Mine is plumbed and I can fill/empty from the driver's seat.
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-03-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
Hey Bill:

I installed a ballast pump off of the midship bildge drain and then teed the vent and drain lines to the lines from the center ballast.

Pete
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-03-2008, 11:20 PM Reply   
Sweet.
Greg, I plan on getting out to see yours soon.

Sounds like it won't be an issue at all. Thx
Old     (beef)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-04-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Thanks guys.

Greg, if we can only get 220lbs up there, is it really worth spending $350 on the sac and pump? I might as well just have someone sit up there, and spend that on beer.
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-04-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
I thought you could get 350-450lbs into the sack up there.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-04-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
I know just having 150 lbs in the bow of my 205 made a difference. And a lot of times when we ride, no one wants to sit in the bow, especially if it's not all that warm out.
Maybe using some lead plus the bow sack would increase that?bow
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-04-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
why dont you try putting in a longer sac in the locker. On my 03, the stock sac could easily be 2-3 feet longer.
Old     (beef)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-04-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
S Dub - I'm assuming you're talking about the ski locker in the middle. We don't have a locker. It's a gas tank, and center ballast. Great looking boat!

No lead for me! We travel too far on our weekend trips to haul that around at $3.80/ gallon.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       03-04-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
Mike, for me it was worth it to balance out the boat. I used to fill a V-drive sack on the bow seat cushions and now I don't have to mess with any pumps over the side of the boat. I would do it again!

Peter, in my opinion many folks (not all) over estimate how much weight they actually have. The scale doesn't lie and I'll back it up with this. A new VLX with bow ballast gets about 350lbs up front and it fills the entire area under the seat cushions. A bow sack in an older VLX or newer V-Ride does not fill the area in the walk way...so there is no way for it to match the weight of bow ballast in a newer VLX. I'm not a math guy, but I did attend the school of hard knocks
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-04-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
I agree with Greg too. I have a 00 vlx and am currently running a 600lb sack up front and some lead in the nose. The nice part about the setup is that i Tee'd off the line for the locker sack and plumbed a jabsco pump. I then ran the line through the locker, up into the footwell of the driver and into the bow cup holder area. I have a 600 "waterbed material" sack (not a pro-x sac) that I can roll up and it fits perfectly into that little cupholder area. When I want to fill up I just un roll the fat sack and lay it across the bow. Then if someone does want to sit up front (while sacked up) they can sit with their back to the bow and their legs over the sack looking back at the rider (since that is the best seat in the house anyways).

This year I am going to pull out all my bow cushions but the very nose one and put in a 1" piece of plywood thats rhino lined and carpeted. THis will drop the height of the sack below the gunnel as well.

Ultimately you get a switched bow sack with 600lbs of legitimate weight and all the room you want when your cruising. The only leg work requires rolling and unrolling a sack which does not require any burping, purging etc since its all through the jabsco.

(Message edited by liquidmx on March 04, 2008)
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-05-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
Hey Greg:

You are probably right. In my 04 VLX I have the integrated bow sack, a 370lb sack in the ski locker and a 750 lbs in the back locker and the center stock ballast. Would that be enought to get a good wake for surfing. I also have 2 400lbs vdrive sacks I could use. If I were to use them should I put them both on the passenger side seats or should I put one up in the bow and one on the passenger side seat that we surf on. Once the weather gets nicer I'll have to try things out.

-Pete
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-05-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
Pete,

Check w/ D-Goose on this setup. He's got it dialed in for both surfing and boarding.
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-05-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
Hi Justin:

I actually had D-Goose help me install the 750's in the rear locker and I was just doing some last minute tweaking before the season starts. My boat is over at Warlocks right now getting the hollowpoints installed.

Take Care,
Pete
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-05-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
Yep I know. Nice I'll be able to here you before I see ya...lol
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-05-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
I am really not to fond of tower speakers because they can get annoyingly loud and you have a tendency to piss people off but my son and friends talked me into them. Have you tried that new Mexican restaurant in your neck of the woods. It's pretty good!

-Pete
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-05-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
It can't be helped wakeboarding itself causes the dislike buy many..lol whatever. So you'll be turn it down and the kids will turn it up...lol Good times. :-) If they get that pissy just turn it up louder... :-)

Funny you mention the new restaurant I just had some last night. It's good and we'll visit it regularly but I know of a better restaurant about 40mins away..
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-05-2008, 11:38 AM Reply   
Whoa, dude! Goin v-drive first & now your talkin like'em! Whats next?!
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-05-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
Hey for Rocklin it's not bad! Pretty much the only thing I miss about the Bay Area were all the good Taquerias we had to choose from. There are no good Mexican restaurants or brew pubs around here (although the one in Auburn is pretty good).
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-05-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
Bill,

Gotta play the part here, after all this is a wakeboard forum....lol So don't blow my cover. :-)

So I guess a tuber w/ excessively loud thrash metal would be next...

Pete,

It'll do and it's walkable to boot. Correct the brew pubs in this area suck bigtime from a brew standpoint an cuisine. They waste all this time on that water beer crap
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-05-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
I guess I am not up on my model changes from year to year. It would make life easy if you did have a ski locker, eh?
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       03-06-2008, 5:41 PM Reply   
Pete, I'm not an expert on the surf set-up. We just started surfing last year and I don't run any bow ballast, only a little in the locker, 440 in the rear and about 500 on the seat with the wedge down. My skills are limited with this set up, but not by the wake