Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old    wannaride            09-16-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
ok lets see who puts out the biggest baddest wake
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-16-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Congratulations! You are the first person in the history of WW to start a post like this.......
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-16-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
give it a sec...everyone has to upload their photoshop jobs, basstracker photos, and pics from the northshore. then, someone will eventually take the question seriously as an excuse to post their SAN wake
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-16-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
I'm going to guess about 20 pics of people goofing off with photoshop, then a real pic will come.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-16-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
...an aircraft carrier comes to mind.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-16-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
Then the Bu MC argument
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-16-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
Like this?
Upload
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-16-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
I was on a ship, just like the one, second from the left. I can tell you, the wake was HUGE!!!!!

I always thought it would be cool to surf behind the boat. ... We're talking about a 15' wall of water.
Old     (pf728)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-16-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
"give it a sec...everyone has to upload their photoshop jobs, basstracker photos, and pics from the northshore. then, someone will eventually take the question seriously as an excuse to post their MASTERCRAFT wake"

**FIXED**
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
Two whole posts before you asked an absolutely pointless/answerless question.

My answer, your boat. Oh wait you don't have one
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-17-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
I know some (most) of you are joking and all, but some of you guys are real jerks.

I know the question "what boat puts out the best wake?" (or something like that) is way over asked. It's also probably a question that will never have a definite answer (because those answers are based off of opinions).

But c'mon guys, I was just talking to my buddy (who wakeboards) and we were saying that we love how in wakeboarding, everyone is like family on the boat (and off, most of the time, haha).

I remember when I started snowboarding...people would laugh at me because I sucked and all, but how much better would I have enjoyed the sport then (which I still do), if some guy would have helped me out, or at least said "keep trying, you will get it".

I know I know, I really do think I'm perfect. I have never been a jerk to anyone. I'm pretty much like the nicest guy in the world. Who wants to be my friend?

Anyways, how about next time someone asks this question, we just tell them some top boat picks of ours, show them a few pictures if you must, and tell them to go demo some stuff.

We want this sport to grow, and making newbies feel stupid, doesn't really help that...

If if anyone is ever up in MI, come ride with us.

Charlie
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-17-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
Charlie,

I think you have been watching too much Barney or Mr. Rogers on TV.........
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-17-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
Lol Well I dont have any pics but my old Moomb XLV Gravity games I think 1800 lbs of balast put out a monster wake.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-17-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
May the boat wars begin!!!!
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-18-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
Best wake?... that Uploads.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-18-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
Charlie is apparently new to web forums.

And Charlie, I apologize in advance but I can't resist:

waaah
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-18-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
No, I'm not new to forums. And I don't really care what you think of me.

I just don't like making newbies feel like crap, or anyone else for that matter.

Charlie
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-18-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
Well since this thread is still up top......

slammed Prostar 205V / X Star / X2 / X1
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-18-2006, 3:04 PM Reply   
I'm on Charlie's side. This is a brutal site. Of course mine has the best wake- BUW247. Don't even bother filling all 4 tanks, you won't need them unless you are surfing.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-18-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
I dont consider wakeworld brutal, in fact, its probably the least brutal forum I have ever been on!

You will get called out here if you are full of crap.....

I do agree Charlie that the newb bashing is uncalled for, and has been getting worse lately.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-18-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
If you re-read my post, I actually wasn't "bashing" matt at all. I was bashing (with no real ill-intent) the dozens of people with their "funny" photos locked and loaded waiting for these types of threads
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-18-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
Jeff Vaaler,

No one said you were man.

I was talking about this stuff...

"Congratulations! You are the first person in the history of WW to start a post like this......."

and

"Two whole posts before you asked an absolutely pointless/answerless question.
My answer, your boat. Oh wait you don't have one"

I know I'm standing up for an issue that isn't that big. It just bothers me..making fun of newbies that have no idea what is going on.

I also know the two post that bothered me were meant to be harmless fun, but Matt does't know that, that's all I'm saying.

Sorry if I seem like a cry baby. Could someone pass me a tissue.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-18-2006, 7:07 PM Reply   
UpNorth X1,

So how come you never gave me a call and let me ride this sweet wake of yours?

I wish I would have been able to get you behind our V230. The wake is awesome.

What is the wake like behind an X1? Steep? Rampy?
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-18-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
I got ripped my first thread on here, so maybe I am just comiserating. Maybe it's like a rite of passage...
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-18-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
Charlie-

The idea of me metting up with some stranger I met online did not go over too well with the parentals, let alone taking Dad's boat to meet up with someone. I'll talk some sense into them about how safe of a community Wakeworld is and I sill look forward to metting you sometime to ride next season, the backroll was not meant to be landed in 2006 so 07 it is

We were pretty happy with the X1 wake, and since I was just figuring the whole technique out behind a wakboat I wasn't too picky, but its got a nice kick to it. I think next year, though, were either gonna run a sack up front or a couple hundred in lead up in the nose to balance things out and clean it up a bit. But with 8 people in the boat it sure gets HUGE.

I think i saw your Sanger being towed through Boyne city a while back... does it have a yellow tower with polished speaker cans? Sick boat for sure if that was it!

Heres the wake, stock ballast, 2 passengers, crappy pic...
Upload

one more thing- I remember you talking about lead and where you got it locally; could you shoot me an email with the info cause we're gonna figure something out for weight next year.

-Thanks
Old     (pf728)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-18-2006, 10:39 PM Reply   
Do a search for "favorite wake". Actually this was the conclusion that "most" people agreed on and thats what i based my boat purchase on.

1st. MasterCraft 205v hull (00-02 xstar, 03-05 x2, 06-07 x1)

2nd. Correct craft SAN 210

3rd. 05 malibu vlx
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-19-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
UpNorthX1,

Ah, I understand. That means you have smart parents. I wouldn’t want one of my brothers meeting up with some stranger he met online. If I went out with you guys, I would have brought one of my brothers.

I’m cool with your family joining us sometime on our boat. Unfortunately, I’m moving down to FL this October (for school) for 2 years. And I won’t be back for the summers. So I’m not going to really be around for a while…and who knows if I’ll ever come back for more than a short while.

Our boat has a yellow tower (yellow boat) and yes it has polished speaker cans, but I’m surprised you saw those, since we always have yellow covers on them while towing. I’ll post a picture later today of the beauty.

Nice looking wake. I would rather ride it than look at it though.

Anyways, I have been getting out on Lakeville Lake in Lakeville, MI every weekend now for the past month (I’m working during the week now). So if you have a cell # and want to come out and ride with us (bring your family) then send me an e-mail.

Oh, and here is the link for that company.

http://www.metaltecsteel.com/csi/prd/shotbags.asp

They are $38.50, tax exempt. That's the 50 lb bags that cost $38.50...I don't know about the other ones...

It is within driving distance, and you get more weight per dollar, compared to say “pop-products”, which I’m sure are great, but I’d rather save the money. Also, they can get wet. It is a great product and very easy to calculate the math since each bag is 50lbs.

Later man, take care,

Charlie