Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
Just wanted to share this amazing pic of Table Rock Lake Dam in southern Missouri. This is not something you get to see every day. In fact, all 10 gates have only been open at the same time, once before . In this picture they are letting out 34000 cubic feet per second, which is more than they have ever released before. They plan on continuing this until Tuesday of next week. The Corps of Engineers has told everyone that Table Rock will crest at 933 (feet above sea level), which will be the highest that Table Rock Lake has ever been. There goes my goal of getting on the lake this Sat. Every good place to launch a boat is flooded. That and we are expecting snow flurries on Sat....Dam Missouri weather!!!!!Upload
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-10-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
eric, any idea of what the lake will be like by memorial day.

planning on getting a cabin this weekend.

ps, here in tulsa, we have had more than enough of rain and HAIL. i've been busy at the office.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-10-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
Yeah for real here in NW Arkansas we're having the same F-ing problem it sucks . . . I ride on Beaver lake and it's soooo muddy A$$ brown right now from all the rain it's ridiculous
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-10-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
thats an awsome pic. and people are worried about drouts...
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
Lots of talk around here that the lake will be so high that lots of campgrounds and boat ramps will not be open for awhile. I think everything will be fine for Memorial weekend cause if its not thats alot of money they will lose. I think the Corps will do anything and everything to get the lake back to normal.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-10-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
eric, sweet pic thanks for sharing. we were down at the new Branson landing a couple weekends ago, pretty neat down there now.

KC is getting crazy rain too. been wearing my poncho to the Royals games. oh well. Lotawana is up several feet as well, walked down to the dock tonight and the water looks like choco milk.
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-10-2008, 8:27 PM Reply   
We here on the east coast are at the other extreme. We are still on water restrictions here.(Greensboro, NC) We are still behine 14 inches in rain fall from Jan 2007. How about sending a little of that our way
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-10-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
Same here our maintenance guy almost gut sucked down the drain!

http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/Conten...ntentId=6080443

You can see this drain from my back window it is just across the cove

Enough is enough last year we did not have enough this year we can't get ride of the stuf!
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-11-2008, 1:35 AM Reply   
Can you send some of that water towards California? lol it would be nice....

Kevin
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2008, 6:56 AM Reply   
at the moment we have no ramps around our lake just flooded parking lots
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2008, 7:01 AM Reply   
This is the latest beaver dam photo 2 days ago the water was running over the top of the dam
Upload

(Message edited by lovin_the_wake on April 11, 2008)
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-11-2008, 4:12 PM Reply   
damn send some of that water over to cali.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-11-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
We have this over here at Sparrow Lake in Muskoka...

Highest since 1927... and we have regulated Water levels on the trent-severn water system. We are taking the brunt hit of the extra 12" of water on Lake Simcoe... We have a natural bottle neck on the river.. and our lake is up over 4' and causing flooding.. nothing to do to lower the water level.

Hydro dam 10 miles down river is full open but the bottle nexk won't let the water through.

Pics were taken by someone on the same lake as us. I am going up on sunday..

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-11-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (314)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-11-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
Bull Shoals is up so high that, yesterday it was six feet from drowning the Taneycomo Tail, as shown. If it did so today, then Bull Shoals just extended its length by twenty-four miles, right to the base of Table Rock dam. First things first include, de-winterizing the lawnmower.Upload
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
i used the road goin over the levee down here to launch a jon boat to go check a house boat the other day on the Ouachita River in north louisiana. we hit what we thought was a stump. turned out to be one of the picnic tables that are all over the parking lot.
Old     (sks625)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-12-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
No boat ramps open at Greers Ferry Lake in Arkansas either. All flooded. Hope they release some water soon or Memorial day will be hurting.
Old     (sks625)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-12-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
No boat ramps open at Greers Ferry Lake in Arkansas either. All flooded. Hope they release some water soon or Memorial day will be hurting.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-12-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
SEND IT HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old    star_star            04-12-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
eagle lake community in west-central mississippi is in critical mode. the mississippi river is 7 feet over flood stage and the yazoo river backwater has flooded the entire south mississippi river delta. this is the second worst flood in this region since records were kept. second only to the great flood of 1927. farmers, wildlife, timberland, national forrests, communities, neighborhoods all under several feet of water with the crest still a week away. then the river is approximately one month from getting low enough to open the steele bayou structure and let the 4200 square miles begin to dry out. any rain we get from this point on likens the chance of total devastation to the 4200 square mile drainage basin. this is a big one down here.
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-12-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
Well the boat ramps at Greers Ferry are just under water but you can still launch boats...you are just doing it on the road before you get to the ramp.
Old     (oddos2525)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-12-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
At least your water is flowing. My lake is still frozen with 3 feet of snow on it. This sucks!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-12-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
I'm in St. Louis for the weekend on business and the Mississippi River is cresting over the floodwall on Leonor Sullivan Street down by Laclede's Landing. the water is flowing quickly. All of the stairs leading down "towards" the water are all under water.
Old     (314)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-12-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
Here's perspective on what the Taneycomo Dam looks like in drier times.Upload
Old     (mduvall)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-12-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
I took this pic of the Kimberling City Bridge on Table Rock this afternoon on the way to my lakehouse....

Upload
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-12-2008, 9:50 PM Reply   
Underneath the yellow line are cliffs that are roughly 25-30 feet at normal water level. This is a big hangout at Greers Ferry which is normaly a bluish/green tint not nearly as dirty as this. BTW this picture was taken today.Upload
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-13-2008, 7:30 AM Reply   
Chris,
Are you up here this weekend?
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-13-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
My dad drove up friday and came home yesterday. He stayed with a buddy that lives on the Little Red.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-13-2008, 4:14 PM Reply   
I just posted some Bull Shoals Lake pics from today, Friday, and last week on http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/563011.html?1208128267
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-14-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
Tell me about it. This was the ONLY 'ramp' open. It's actually the lead-in road and the only reason it was open was that the parking lot wasn't flooded...like all the others.
Upload