Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    clintf            08-19-2004, 7:44 AM Reply   
Looking at this boat and wanted to know if there is any positive or negative feedback on this model, brand, year, etc. Good wake for wakeboarding? Mechanical problems? Good or bad, give it all to me.
Old    ss_lxi            08-19-2004, 8:49 AM Reply   
I have a 2001 SSLXI and love it.The boat has the
most storage I've seen for a dd , you will love the huge trunk,it will hold all of you skies, jackets and ropes and still have room to spare. I have the 325 hp monsoon, awsome power, incredible hole shot with 0 problems (320 hrs). The boat handles like a top end sports car, very very tight. The wake is pro quality for skiing , at 28 + the wake just disappears. The wake for boarding
is more intermediate with MLS and wedge, gets even
better with more weight but its no where close to
the VLX. The boat is very comfortable and can hold
10 people easy. The only problem I've had is that
two of the seats have torn at the stitching, its very small, about one inch long and behind the bead. Malibu has had a problem with this for several years, the only fix is to order new skins
from the factory, which is now 38 oz. The SSLXI is
a great crossover boat if thats what your looking for, if your looking for a huge pro size board wake its not for you. You need to check out malibuboatowners.com, alot of info on the SSLXI.
Good luck boat shopping, BU rules.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-19-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
you should really get a 2002. i have one for sale.
Old    clintf            08-19-2004, 9:15 AM Reply   
Scott, thank you for this info. It helps me think that I am heading the right direction. I do not need a pro size wake or wanting to pay for one. Just a good, well rounded boat that can be used for multi purposes. Thanks again.

Tim, tell me about your 02 model. Color, hrs., pics, tower, etc.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-19-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=29580&sid=0f9bf61996b2dfa112240dac 83f57e57

it is an awesome all around boat. that is why i got this model rather than the VLX. and honestly, I have never gotten a complaint about the wake, even from friends of mine who ride pro.

unfortunately, I am buying a condo right near the beach, can't keep the boat there. can't have a truck there, so it just makes sense to sell it.
Old    clintf            08-19-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
I am trying to stay under 30,000 and I am in Texas. Florida is along way to drive. Thanks anyway and good luck with your move and sale of your boat. It does look awesome.
Old    clintf            08-19-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
I am trying to stay under 30,000 and I am in Texas. Florida is along way to drive. Thanks anyway and good luck with your move and sale of your boat. It does look good.
Old    clintf            08-19-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
This 01 has 140 hours, tower, covers, 350 engine, upgraded Clarion stereo, looks extra clean, etc. with matching trailer and they are asking $29,500. Is this a fair price, to high, to low?
Old    ss_lxi            08-20-2004, 4:59 AM Reply   
Thats a good price, you could try to get them to
come down a little. I paid 28,000 for a 01 with
300 hrs, PP, 325 Monsoon, titan tower, MLS, wedge, amp, sub, tower speakers, racks, cover
and trailer. A 04 would cost about 20k more.

(Message edited by ss_lxi on August 20, 2004)
Old    clintf            08-20-2004, 7:38 AM Reply   
This one does not have Perfect Pass, tower speakers, or ballasts. The tower speakers are not a must, but I fell like the others are important and when I am spending this kind of money, I do not want to wish later that I did not wait for another deal to come up that had these extras. I am also thinking to wait until the off season to try to get a better deal.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-20-2004, 9:14 AM Reply   
or go on a road trip
Old     (john)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-20-2004, 9:43 AM Reply   
Here's one in the classifieds at MalibuBoatOwners.com:
I may be interested in selling my 2001 Sunsetter LXi and buying a 2004 Response LXi. The boat is in great condition. Always trailered, never sat in the water. Indoor winter storage.

2001 Sunsetter LXi
2001 dorsey trailer w/spare tire

325hp EFI Monsoon 210 hours
Green / Tan
Platinum Value Package
- JVC AM/FM CD w/4 Infinity Speakers
- 3 Outlet heater
- Lowrance Depth Finder / clock/ Air Water temp gauge
- Sumbrella Boat cover
- Graphite Steering Wheel
- Wedge
- Champagne Bezels
- 2 Pair Pull up cleats

$25,950

PM or e-mail if interested.
--------
You'll have to register at the site to contact the seller and see the posted picture. Oh, it would also entail a road trip (Wisconsin). There's also a ridiculously low priced 2001 VLX for sale (best skiing v-drive you'll find as it was on the Diamond hull), but you'll have to hurry!
Old    ss_lxi            08-20-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
I put about 1,000 miles on my truck when I got my
01 SSLXI, three trips to Louisville, Ky from Nashville, TN in Five days. If your willing to drive and don't get in a hurry you can find exacly want you want, good luck.
Old    ss_lxi            08-20-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
Clint, check out dallasboats4sale.com, they got a
01 SSLXI that looks sweet.