Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-25-2011, 5:32 PM Reply   
I have an I/O with a Mercruiser engine and am interested in getting the Stargazer model of Perfect Pass. Anyone know where I can find a good deal on either a new or used system?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-25-2011, 5:37 PM Reply   
Ian @ onlyinboards.con
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       01-27-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
I'm toying with the idea of getting PP this season. They don't list pricing on their website though, or at least when I try to see it just says "No data found". Not sure if I want the Stargazer or Wakeboard Pro. Cost is a factor for me, but also I ride mostly on a tidal river that can have strong currents during the tide swings. This has me somewhat leaning towards the paddle wheel version.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-27-2011, 8:24 AM Reply   
working on that I just PM'ed you the pricing we have.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       01-27-2011, 8:44 AM Reply   
I want to do a perfect pass stargazer on my sanger v210 this spring as well, will you send me pricing also? Thanks!
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-27-2011, 8:58 AM Reply   
I got Stargazer for my Sanger before last season from Ian. Thanks again IAN!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-27-2011, 9:00 AM Reply   
no problemo! PM sent.
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-27-2011, 3:05 PM Reply   
Hey Ian, what about me! You know, the guy that started the thread! Can you hit me up with a PM too!

What about a group buy? Can you let me know what you could do if a few people went together?

Thanks!
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       01-27-2011, 4:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for the pricing and info. I have to get a couple seat cushions redone and get a mooring cover and hopefully when that's done I'll still have money in the boat budget for PP! Sick of playing guess the speed with whatever driver I can scrounge up.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-27-2011, 4:44 PM Reply   
Forget the cushions and cover. Get the perfect pass!

( You will enjoy it way more than new cushions!!!)
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-28-2011, 9:09 AM Reply   
I'd be in on a group buy too - Heck, I might be buying regardless.....
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-28-2011, 12:12 PM Reply   
The best I could do on a group buy is 100 bucks off retail with free shipping, i'd be down to do it for the month of Feb. coupon code will be wakeworld and it will be on Stargazer Wake or Wakeboard Pro.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-28-2011, 12:13 PM Reply   
first, i have to get the page working though
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-28-2011, 12:42 PM Reply   
Hey Dudes what was the price on a Perfect pass System.... ? or in box it to me cheers
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       01-29-2011, 2:05 PM Reply   
If I were to go with the Wakeboard Pro (paddle wheel) what's involved in putting the hole through the boat? Pick a good non turbulent spot I guess. I'd imagine opposite the raw water intake would work for a direct drive? How to cut the hole without making a mess and chipping up the glass and gelcoat? Really fine tooth hole saw? Then put the wheel in bedded in 5200? Anybody have pictures or directions for the process?

That the only thing that makes me nervous about doing the paddle wheel, though I think I'd be better off with it. Also, does the paddle wheel through hull have a temp sensor? That's one thing I miss about my old boat, no more quick and easy water temp readings. One more... What size in the PP speedo/set gauge? Was thinking I could just replace one of the factory speedometers with the PP unit if they're the same size and leave the other pitot speedo in place.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-30-2011, 6:40 AM Reply   
They have one that will fit in your speedo spot.I have been using abrasive hole saws for fiberglass,like these http://www.mkmorse.com/products/index.aspx?product=18 They can be slowly eased into the gel coat and thesquare teeth don't grab as easily as the more common saw tooth type.Airmar,the co. that makes the transducers,have good instructions on how to install them.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-02-2011, 12:42 PM Reply   
$100 off retail, coupon code wakeworld. Stargazer Wake 1095 and Wakeboard Pro 990.00. Both out the door with shipping. Just order from the site then provide:

year
make
model
engine info
gauge size (3.5 or 5")
gauge face color (black or white)
gauge bezel color (black or chrome)

Last edited by wakereviews; 02-02-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: wrong price
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       02-22-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
If I get the white face with chrome bezel will it look like this:

If so that looks like a pretty good match to my factory '00 MasterCraft 230 VRS gauges.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-22-2011, 12:12 PM Reply   
Yes, it will look similar, but that says Wakeboard Pro. MOst likely it will just say Perfect Pass on it.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       02-24-2011, 1:31 PM Reply   
Went ahead and ordered on of these for OIB. Maybe now I can get a decent pull from the wife. It might help her keep a more consistent speed when driving the boat while I'm wakeboarding too
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-24-2011, 1:40 PM Reply   
Only a few days left to get the deal!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-24-2011, 2:12 PM Reply   
Centurioncrew.com is running a perfect pass group buy as well but you have to hurry it ends the 28th of this month
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-25-2011, 7:24 AM Reply   
I went there but couldn't find it, do you have a link direct to the deal?
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-25-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
O man i wish i would have seen this sooner!!!!!!!!!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-25-2011, 8:18 AM Reply   
You will have to join the site as a member to be able to see the crew deal.You can join for no cost than PM crew admin for the details.It does not matter what type of boat you own we welcome evreybody.www.centurioncrew.com

Last edited by h20king; 02-25-2011 at 8:24 AM.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       02-27-2011, 4:33 PM Reply   
I just ordered a Wakeboard Pro from you Ian. Didn't bother checking out the Centurion deal since you stepped up to give us a discount here, and I used your site extensively while searching for my Supra. Thanks Ian, both for the site and for the discount on PP.

Looking forward to more consistent pulls this Spring! Only thing that has me scared is drilling that hole. Nice day today so had a look at the boat and think I should be fine for a flat spot and room to install. For anyone else doing the paddle wheel version here's the only link I could find that documented it.

http://www.epicmarine.com/docs/Toyot...%20Install.pdf
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       02-27-2011, 7:29 PM Reply   
Other than the $105 savings is there any reason to go with the paddle wheel over the gps accept for if you primarily use it on a river with a decent current? The fact that I didn't have to drill a big ole hole in my hull was worth the extra $105 to me.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-27-2011, 9:04 PM Reply   
Some people say they surge when they lose connection to the gps satellites, like going under a bridge or something.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       02-28-2011, 5:41 AM Reply   
You get water temp with the paddle wheel version. That was a contributing factor for me as I missed having water temp to know how unpleasant it was gonna be when I got in. Deciding factor for me was strong tidal currents where I ride. Without PP I would always change my speed (GPS) by a few MPH depending on if we were going with or against the current. You could clearly see the shape of the wake change when doing the same speed on GPS going with and against the current.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       03-01-2011, 6:10 AM Reply   
Received my StarGazer from InboardsOnly and installed it yesterday. Came fast and pretty easy to install but I haven't gotten a chance to verify that it's working yet.

The PerfectPass gauge that they sent me was MasterCraft branded which gave it an OEM look (My boat being a MasterCraft) and it was the exact same housing as the OEM gauge. The bezel was chrome while my factory bezels are sort of a gunmetal (real dark chrome) and since the gauges were identical I was able to swap the bezel from the factory speedo onto the PP gauge. The face is a brigter white but it doesn't really look any more out of place than the OEM depth gauge that doesn't match.

BTW my factory speedo wasn't working and since it's not a competition boat I only had one. So, I opted to replace the speedo and keep the tach.
Attached Images