Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (jimorgan34)      Join Date: May 2007       05-14-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
Names Jack, 18 in Raleigh, NC. We just went from an outboard Cobalt 22 ft to a V-Drive Mastercraft X2. Im having issue clearing the wake on the new boat, i was used to it on the outboard but cant get the hang of it on this new beauty. HELP!!!
Jack
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-14-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
My suggestion is ask for gas money. I know its an old statement but it true, ass, gas or gra-gas more gas.

Keep on it and you will start clearing that wake.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-14-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
take the rope in untill you can clear it, than progress from there. The wake is probally wider than your old boat
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-14-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
good suggestion boss....
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-14-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
check out the edging drills on disc 2 of the book. Or is it disc 1. I forget.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
Beef up your mailbox post so when your Fat A$$ payment book arrives it wont fall over.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       05-14-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
I would be willing to bet part of it is backing off at the last minute at the wake. Sometimes those new wakes are scary.

Remember, progressive edge, start slow, keep edging harder and don't let up until you get in the air. Stand tall, don't let go with either hand and keep your legs firm, don't lock or absorb.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-14-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
have lots of fun and enjoy.. you have a luxury item in life that alot of people dont.. use it and enjoy your time

As far as getting W2W.. im sure you will do it as soon as you get used to the wake..just give it some time
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-14-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
Like Brooke said, just hold that edge. You will get the feel for it; don't flatten out. Also, start learning your toeside edge/wake jump early too. This will be a huge benefit to you later down the road.