Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-07-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
http://ridecwb.com/2006/index.php

The apparel looks so much better this year. 2006 is C-Dubs year to explode!!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-07-2005, 2:47 PM Reply   
Looks like Adkinson and Hansen are riding the Fuse and Duece bindings in some of the video parts. I was surprised they weren't riding the Zuess

(Message edited by srh00z on December 07, 2005)
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-07-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
Being the Fu I headed straight to the video section and clicked on the video player box in the center of the page.. Anyone else get this?

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY filename_vid ASC LIMIT 18446744073709551615' at line 1"

The other videos seem to work just fine..

Cool '06 products... but the site needs some help.. :-(

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-07-2005, 2:56 PM Reply   
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-07-2005, 2:58 PM Reply   
i also got that error message
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-07-2005, 3:06 PM Reply   
CWB you've got error..
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-07-2005, 3:17 PM Reply   
I don't know if you saw last years video of Andrew rockin the mullet talking about his "water bottle influenced" Transcend 190 or not? But as he says there, haters are gonna hate, over it! Aww come on people the site is pretty dang complete for being around for only a day. They are all bound to have an error or two.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-07-2005, 4:11 PM Reply   
Haha I just checked it out. You guys know you have to select a video to play before you can press play right?

The site is pretty simple. I think that was by design, no offense but I think a lot of sites have too much crap on the front page. Just my opinion. One thing that really needs work is the WAY outdated dealer locator.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-07-2005, 4:33 PM Reply   
Ha ha ha ha...I thought you'd never change your profile pic. Glad to see my shot take place of the old one.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-07-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
The site definitely needs to be dialed in. I found a couple other dead ends.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-07-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
umali, did you just take a screen shot of that with a mac? if not...how did you do that? sorry for the hijack
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-07-2005, 6:56 PM Reply   
looks like a WinXP window.. try the "print screen" key on your keyboard and paste (ctrl-v) into an image program (like irfanview)..
Old     (andrew_dyrhood)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-07-2005, 6:59 PM Reply   
As far as the guys riding different bindings...They promoted a lot of all our bindings for 06. So far right now andrew, trevor, gabe and zane are on the zeus..the bindings are amazing
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-07-2005, 6:59 PM Reply   
the new cwb site looks like they just slapped it together over a weekend (althought i like that it's not all Flash)..
Old     (andrew_dyrhood)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-07-2005, 7:28 PM Reply   
the site still has alot of work to finish up...put that into account also
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-07-2005, 9:20 PM Reply   
Mike - Use the following keyboard short-cuts.

CTRL + Print Screen -> this will copy the active window

CTRL + V -> To paste it into Paint, Photoshop, etc..

No major company should launch a website if it's not ready...

Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-07-2005, 9:33 PM Reply   

"Check out the pink ladies'! And no more broken nails!"

Wow! They sure know how to market to women!

Looks good overall but it was a bit slow and the font looks like something from an Apple IIe.

They may have some better products than other competitors out there but their sight does not reflect this.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-08-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
Kung Fu Wake, yet every major company does it...

At least C-Dubs videos actually play. Personally I like a site that is simple and easy to navigate, I don't need shizz popping out of every button or other flashy things. I need to look at boards & apparel, easy peasy japanesy.

I know my girlfriend wants the Pink Torqs and a Lotus.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-08-2005, 10:42 AM Reply   
they have an awful website, i don't understand how a big company such as cwb can not care about their web presence
Old     (justin_n)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-08-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
We do care about our website. Thank you guys for your input. We are still dialing in the site. We still need to work on some kinks, update the font, and ad a few more pics and info. We launched the site, so we could have all the info about our new product line that we have been shipping available to the public. In terms of the look of the site we wanted something very clean w/o a lot of distractions. We wanted to concentrate on the product. We also wanted something simpler because of the complaints we had about last years site. We will check out the problems that some of you have mentioned. For those of you who do not like the site, what improvements would you like us to make? As far as the bindings go Andrew, Zane, Trevor, Scotty B, and Gabe are all riding the Zeus. They weren't in the video because we did not have a finished pair at the time we shot the video. Thank you guys for any input. We want to make the site as user friendly as possible.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-08-2005, 1:27 PM Reply   
Hey, look at the bright side..... At least they have product for '06 available for sale. That's more than some of the other companies (with better web sites) can claim.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-08-2005, 1:50 PM Reply   
and Evan comes back with a right hook. hahahaha
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-08-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
Shea! Product talks more than the website. I actually refer to the WW guide before the mfger websites.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-08-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
Justin,

Here's my $.02 on the site.

1. Make it clean and functional
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_usability

2. Make it standards based
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_standards

I don't know what budget you guys have for the site, but one way to get a ton of usable functionality and extendability for a low upfront and ongoing cost is to use an open source content management system. Joomla, formerly Mambo, is currently my favorite (http://www.joomla.org/content/view/12/26/).

If you're concerned (as you should) about the long term consequences of choosing an open source solution, then check out this article about www.goodwill.org using Liferay (http://liferay.com) for their new site: http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1135884,00.html?bucket=NEWS

hope this helps a great board company have a world class web presense, take care, -Alain.

Old     (wakerider900)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-10-2005, 7:06 AM Reply   
WOW, that thing is so weak (just plain bad). Transcend Platinum- Video: First they swear at the beginning, then it looks like it was filmed with a camera phone, I thought this was a family sport. Give me the Flash and professionalism, like you get from LF, HL and the FOX sites.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-10-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
Oh boo, they said "ass" get over it.

It is a family sport, while CWB says "ass" on their site the other companies are busy getting banned from the Masters for being drunk...
Old    joe49er            12-10-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
That's the dumbest comparison I have ever heard...

Hyperlite didn't tell their riders to get drunk etc, but Connelly CHOSE to put that on their site. Big difference...
Old    roadking            12-10-2005, 4:42 PM Reply   
Holy COW!! You guys are all disturbed over the word ass. Give me a break. You hear that on primetime TV and worse. You guys better be reading your Bible now instead of reading all the R rated
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-10-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
Yeah Joe, that makes a lot of sense...

You are right about one thing, big difference. Hyperlite? I thought it was someone else?
Old     (wakerider900)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-10-2005, 5:25 PM Reply   
Thanks Joe, CWB's guys are not angles themselfs. How about the MasterCraft Dealer Meeting this past week?

People who live in glass houses, should not toss stones.