Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Donski)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-18-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
I need some advice on weighting an X-45. I tried weighting it with stock tanks, 750's in the rear and two 250's in the middle. After messing around for awhile I found the sweet spot at 23mph and 75ft out. The wake was ok, pretty poppy but still seems to be lacking a little bit.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-18-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
You need weight in the nose. I have never ridden behind a 45, but I have never ridden behind a MC that didn't need weight in the bow.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-18-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
23 is way slow for a large MC, try 24.5-26 mph. especially with weight in it and agreed need 700-1k upfront

Last edited by nsolis220; 06-18-2010 at 8:43 AM. Reason: edit
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-18-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
I have no real experience but that has to be way too much weight in the rear with nothing in the front to even out the ratio. If you are going to fill the sacks in the rear all the way to 700 I would put the 2 smaller sacks under the front cushions and also put a 500-750 in the walkway. Then you will probably put the wakeplate a 1/4 to half way down. I am guessing you will have to ride at 23+ but probably closer to 25 to keep a real nice, solid and consistent wake.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-18-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/1797949550.html

I just saw that on craigslist. Someone lost their boat to the bank and like an ahole stole everything out of it before it got repoed. That is my guess anyway.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-18-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
^I bet you are right Brett. What buyer is not going to want the bimini, mirror, amp, and sub?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-18-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
Yikes.... lot's of weight. I'd bet you're looking at 2k + to get some reall snap out of that thing. I'd add some weight to the nose, for sure. Move it around. See what works. You'll probably want at least two more sacs, though.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-18-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
Here is what I have found about my X45.

I have the stock ballast plus the X-star Fly high supplemental ballast.

I fill the front ballast full and the 2 sacs that go with the fly high. They are not very big, but probably add about 400 pounds up front. Then I only fill the rear sacs to about 1/3rd full. The trim tab needs to be about 1/3 to 1/2 way down and we have to go 23.5 MPH or so with that setup and only 2 people in the boat. The wake is super nice like that. I would describe it as having a very long transition zone with a sharp peak on the top.

if I fill the back ballast more full, then we have to go faster, like 25 MPH. I generally go slower, so I cannot fill the rear ballast fuller or else the wake gets jacked up. I have not added more ballast than that up front, but I am sure that would balance it out and let us fill the rear more without having to speed up to 27MPH haha. It is frankly impossible with this boat to build a good wake if you only add to the back.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-20-2010, 7:13 AM Reply   
I ride behind an X45 a fair amount. It has stock ballast but usually plenty of body weight. With a light crew of 6 we full the stock ballast completely and run the trim tab down pretty far to flatten out the wake, run about 25mph. With a heavy crew use less ballast or no ballast and move bodies around the boat until you like the wake. One time we had 18 people in the boat, it took 28mph before the wake cleaned up but it was insane to ride at that speed, huge air.

It's a big boat, bring lots of friends that's your best bet.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-20-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
okay here it is:

stock- full

a 400 laid horizontal along on the floor along the back seats

another four hundred laid down the isle pushed up the the horizontal like a T

a 750 bow sac in the bow

about 25-26

70-75 ft

this boat requires some speed but this wake is sweet once you get it right
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-21-2010, 6:16 AM Reply   
also, try to get away from using the trim tab if you can, or use it less, at the most about 30%

the trim tab will kind of make one of the wakes a little dirty and if you get the bow weight and the speed right you can have a killer wake

i know the speed sounds fast but trust me, its worth it