Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (shawna_h)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-06-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
My family and I are going there the 19-24, and we were just wondering if there's any wakeboarding over there?
Old     (trinab)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-06-2008, 10:47 PM Reply   
Yup. contact Ryan Shimabukuro on the Utah thread. He hooked us up with where and who to ride with when we were there last year. Nice place, nice boat close to Waikiki. They would be happy to have your family ride with them
Old     (shawna_h)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-07-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
Thankyou trina:]
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-07-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
Have fun Shawna, now you can do some real surfing. Hi to the family.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       12-07-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
Hi Shawna, I won't be in the islands during your visit but contact Alan Joaquin (WW username DaBigKahuna). He's our club's president and you can find his email on the club's website (contact page) - www.oahuwaterskiclub.com.

If he's not available to give a pull, or find someone who can, please let me know and I'll do my best to try and find someone there who can.

Aloha

PS: Thanks for the referral Trina! Please give my best to Doug and hopefully I will be able to come ride with you all in Norcal some day.
Old    dabigkahuna            12-07-2008, 8:16 PM Reply   
Wassup Shawna,

let me know what days you want to ride, I'll be more than happy to hook you up with some pulls.

Oh yea, tell Gary and the Epic crew I said hi!
Old     (trinab)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-08-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
Anytime Ryan! Doug says hi too. If you and ever make it out this way, you are welcome to stay with and ride with us. Of course, I would recommend late spring/summer if you aren't into cold-weather riding!
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-08-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
beat me to it...
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       12-08-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Thanks Trina! Same to you & Doug, if you're ever in the Salt Lake City, UT area you always have a place to stay & a pull. (although the scenery isn't as tropical as Oahu). I have a drysuit for cold weather riding but I do have my limits )

I'm in Japan right now for work and some of my Japanese friends are still wakeboarding here too. Wish I had the time to get wet!

Aloha

-Keith, wasssup man!
Old     (shawna_h)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-09-2008, 6:39 AM Reply   
Thank you so much Alan! We're really looking forward to it! Also if any of you guys are in Nor Cal, we'd love to give you a ride! That is if we ever get any water in Lake Oroville..:[