Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    boofhead            05-22-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
Got some new overlays for my 03 highbacks. Only trouble is that I cant put them back together - just spent an age sturggling with them. So anyone got any tips for me - how the hell do you put HL bindings back together?

Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       05-22-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
Well it looks like you're working on the back/heel, you need to line up the screws with the holes in the plastic heel support and rubber heel part of the binding. (make sure you're using the two screws you took out of there first). Then using a power drill carefully and slowly (pushing like a son-of-a-gun, drill them back in. This is a difficult part because getting it to look like it did when you got them isn't going to be easy. I've taken my Belmonts apart a couple times, not fun, I did it using a regular Mark powered screwdriver...never again! Use a power drill/srewdriver or send'em in to get done.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-22-2004, 3:34 PM Reply   
I'm glad I'm not the only person in this world who's had to struggle.
Basically what MarkVL stated , but I lined up the ends screws 1st and guessed with the middle one.
Hopefully you didn't take both pairs apart already...
Old    boofhead            05-22-2004, 3:53 PM Reply   
No only had one spilt on me - its a serious pain in the @ss tho - those screws just dont want to line up with the holes!!
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-22-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
If you absolutely cannot get them back together, you can go to the hardware store and buy some longer bolts. Then, after they're all in, take them out one at a time and replace them with the shorter, original ones.