Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
Has anyone seen these? Looks like the same concept of NVS. Eminence Compression drivers and Vifa woofers, anyone get a chance to hear a set?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wakeboard-Tower-Boat-Speakers-by-Fishnoyz_W0QQitemZ7219959793QQcategoryZ23807QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wakeboard-Tower-Boat-Speakers-by-Fishnoyz_W0QQitemZ7219958556QQcategoryZ23807QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-17-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
That's over a grand for one 8" driver and one HLCD, in a fiberglass box. It looks nice but you will need two.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-17-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
I think you might get two of them. the description says

"Features :

2x 8" Vifa woofers
2x Eminence ASD1001 compression drivers
4x polished aluminium grilles
2x Dayton 2-way crossovers
2 quick disconnect plug with 20' wiring harness
"
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-17-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
interesting design, I wonder how they sound
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-17-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
I think they look pretty cool
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-17-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
ugh, no offense, but i think they look pretty ugly.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-17-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
It looks more lika a manta-ray then a hammerhead but whatever, I guess thats not tough enough sounding.

(Message edited by iagainsti on February 17, 2006)
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-17-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
Beside the green, i think they look good. Who knows how they sound though. NVS is proven and probably the smarter buy, but if someone wants to take one for the team and buy and try, then go for it and let us all know how they sound.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-17-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
I saw those at the Birmingham Boat Show. I was told this boat was the same one at the Atlanta show as well.

The speakers we mounted on the side of the tower below the racks. They were painted to match the boat, thus the lime green colors. Below are the best pics I have of them (sorry the second pic is blurry.)

Upload
Upload

(Message edited by jroyal on February 17, 2006)

(Message edited by jroyal on February 17, 2006)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-17-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
OOOooooooo Shizzzzz NVS boy's Look out. ThemZ looks pretty cool.
Thats a pretty werid mounting location. Looks like they have some 10's on the tower and 8's on the side.

This is the second set of HCLD drivers and Horn's in a fiberglass encloser I have seen.
Look like NVS is gonna have some compition pretty soon.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-17-2006, 10:05 PM Reply   
Fishnoyz has been aroudn for a few years ( I think) I ahev one of there prototypes sitting in my closet, I guess they've been at work. They first tried to match up crossfire co-axials with corss fire horns. Needless to say the sound wasn't that great. Antoher company out of Austin texas should be unvailing a simialr design. They had all the (pro audio) speakers custom desinged for the applaiction and the box is made of a type of plastic material.

Mounting thsoe speakers on the side is to risky.....dockign against high docks, putting boards up, ect...
Old    cmb            02-19-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
I have these going on my boat now after hearing them at the Atlanta boat show. They sound awesome. I would put them up against the NVS and they are a good deal cheaper. Highly recommended.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-19-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
If they came in all black, I think they would look a lot better. They seem like a good deal for the amount of power you can push into them.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-19-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
i'd have to guess nvs is using better components

vifa is typically home speakers

the eminence drivers specified are on the low end of compression drivers

dayton crossovers are pretty basic

that being said, they look quite nice, paint them a different color and you will probably have some takers!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-20-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
this is the place I was referring to.

www.wetsounds.com
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-20-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
"OOOooooooo Shizzzzz NVS boy's Look out. ThemZ looks pretty cool.
Thats a pretty werid mounting location. Looks like they have some 10's on the tower and 8's on the side.

This is the second set of HCLD drivers and Horn's in a fiberglass encloser I have seen.
Look like NVS is gonna have some compition pretty soon."

That's exactly what everybody was saying about the new Skylons last year, and how they were going to be the greatest thing in the world, better and louder than NVS, etc. Well, what happened when they were released? Oh that's right, nothing!

There's a lot more to an NVS setup than mounting some pro-audio stuff in a box and hanging it from a tower.

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-20-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
Yea Joe your right. My bad
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-20-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
I think what Grant was trying to refer to is that this is probably the first real competitor to NVS so far, and I would agree.
Of course there is more to a NVS setup than just dropping some speakers in a box, but given the right supplier and a capable fiberglass person, I venture a guess that one could make a equal sounding system that looked a little flashier, and it looks like Fishnoyz is on the right track.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-20-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
I do really dig the speaker grills.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-20-2006, 10:10 PM Reply   
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=3

Jared hear you go the fishman grill available from 8" to 15". I have got these on NVS Addictions and they look pretty good, a little bling blingy.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-21-2006, 5:16 AM Reply   
I saw that Nauty at the Atlanta Show. The system in that boat was awesome. It had a LCD screen setup so you could record yourself riding and come in the boat to watch. I spoke with the guys that installed the system (Perfromance Works) and they told me that they fabricated those tower speakers. I don't know if they are a part of Fishnoyz or not, but they could be.

Here is a link to Fishnoyzhttp://www.fishnoyz.com/
Old    reject            02-22-2006, 9:42 PM Reply   
I saw these at a local boat dealer a few weekends ago and let me tell you, they sound amazing!!! They get very loud and the sound is crisp and clear. The fit and finish is very very good. I called the guy who makes them (Doug Potter) and spoke with him for a good bit of time. Very friendly and helpful. He said he wouldn't suggest mounting them on the side like that, it was only done for the boat shows. They come in any color or design you want and he can make them in carbonfiber or fiberglass. Doug said he makes each and every one by hand. I'm going to order a set in a week or so, oh and the smaller ones come in pairs for the price listed.

I took a bunch of pictures while I was at the boat dealer. It was a crappy day, so don't mind the bad pictures.

http://www.structuredchaos.net/website/Pictures/Misc/Fishnoyz/
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-23-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
Sean-have you heard the NVS ? Just wondering how these compare. Let us all know when you get em hooked up and how they sound.
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-23-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
Sean I really like the DOF in 3. Looks cool.
How shallow are those speakers. They don't look very big.

BTW nice Kwak.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-24-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
Chris,

For some reason the link is working for me. Is this the website where you ordered them from? I bet they look unbelievable on some addictions. Post some pics!!!
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
Jared,

If you go to partsexpress.com and type fishman in the search it will return the grills. I do not have any pics of them mounted on the boat but here are a few that I just snapped in the house.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-26-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Chris,
those look unbelievable! I'm Jealous!