Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
I can now understand......

This past Sunday at Anderson (Nor Cal) we were pulling my son (12yo) on a skate. There were (3) PWC buzzing around, but keeping reasonable distance. One turned and started heading for our wake. I was thinking it's now time to stop and have some words. A second later my son falls. My son comes up and his skate is behind him. The PWC continues across the wake and just about hits the skate which was about a boat length (20-ish) feet from my son. The PWC was there before I could get our boat turned around and back to get in between. I think if there had been a gun in the boat, my wife and I would have got into a fight over who got to shoot first!

We got my son back in the boat and headed off to find the moron. We caught up and exhanged words (as we were taking down the CF #). There was some screamin' and hollarin' before we took off to find the ranger. The driver was an older guy (like me) and he had two kids on the back of his PWC. The thing I found amazing was he said, yelled actually, he saw my son. If he actually did, then I can only assume he thinks it is ok to buzz past a down rider within 20 feet. How do you reason with stupidity?

We've been boating for years and years and this was our first real brush with water stupidity. It is amazing. I write this in hopes that we (assumed to be people in the know) can help the morons out there stay out of our (and their own) way.

We did track down the ranger and provide the CF#. He took the info and headed out to "make contact" with the driver. Our day was toast at that point and we just headed out, so I don't know what ever happended.

BTW, it just so happened the guy was on a PWC. This is not a PWC vs Boat issue, this is an issue of Safe use of waterways vs being a dumb-a$$. It could have been a boat driver doing the same dumb-a$$ thing. We've owned boats and PWC's and enjoy riding both. Drivers of both just need to have a clue.

sorry, end of rant.......