Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       11-11-2003, 12:11 PM Reply   
I see that most compaines are sell the fat sacs with out the covers for around $30 less. Is it worth risking them getting a leak, how easialy do the pop. Also where are the best deal on 600lb. sacs most sites have them for 119.
another question is do you think that this pump is too much.

The Rule General Purpose Pump is designed for use as a washdown pump and⁄or to circulate water to your livewell tank[s]. Heavy duty construction for use on commercial or pleasure boats. 1- 1/2" inlet and 1- 1/2" discharge outlet.
I was going to use it to fill both two sacs at a time

heres a link i dont know if it will work

http://www.fisheriessupply.com/online/ln_menu/product.asp?mode=1&product_id=15983&sid=3FB0268068 9BE17F&displayKey=Rule%ae&Ntt=general+pump&N=%2d23 116&Nty=1&catalog_name=FISCO&R=14102&load=false&Nt x=mode%2bmatchpartial%2brel%2bInactive&act=A03&Ns= Active%7c1

thanks
david
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-11-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
Looks like it could work... I see a few potential problems. It will need a constant supply of water to run correctly. Depending on the mounting position you may run into some filling problems, especially while on the move. Its also not a reversable pump. Therfor you will need empty pumps. Look into Jabsco/ Simmer or other 2 way self priming pumps before you purchase. Don't get side tracked on gph(how much water it can move). Also when the exhaust faces up as in the attachment, this can cause increased problems. Have you ever attached a 1100 gph pump to a fat sac, turned it on, and it didn't empty? And when the pump is turned to the side it caught the water and it started to pump.. I see troubles. I think it would work much better pumping out 2 sacs instead of filling two. Buy reversable self priming pumps. Check out www.wakeboardboats.com - the jabsco come with MC switches. They work well.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-11-2003, 1:50 PM Reply   
I think the only purpose for a cover for a fat sac is for extra durability. Risk of puncture from people walking/sitting on them or overfilling.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-11-2003, 2:53 PM Reply   
i bought coverless sacks for my rear storage (Vdrive) & locker, and a covered one for the walkthru since it's stepped on constantly. never had an issue with the coverless, and they're MUCH less trouble to get straightened out while filling (great for storage areas). based on how well these are holding up, i'd probably go with a coverless in the walkthru too next time around.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       11-11-2003, 3:56 PM Reply   
CDM that pump looks like what i was originaly looking for, but couldn't find. I work at Fisheries Supply (a marine supply store) and we carry Jabsco which meens that i can get a substantial discount on the pump, hoses, ect...
Looks like the boat will be getting a new ballast system for christmas. Sacs will be going in the rear lockers in a V Drive so i am going to go with no covers. I'll let you know how it works out
Thanks A Lot
David
Old     (kneebone)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-11-2003, 4:32 PM Reply   
The new sacks are thicker it seems. I wouldn't worry about durability, just don't let some fool walk around w/ shoes on them. (shoes off in the boat!) The price seems ok. Might be able to find a few laying around at a board shop at a great price if you ask.
Old    jmccallum            11-12-2003, 8:37 AM Reply   
Buy a sac from LetsGoRide.com

Then even shoes don't matter. They are made form Zodiac type material... much stronger and puncture resistant than even thick waterbed material

Oh yeah, they are cheaper too.

http://www.letsgoride.com/product_V-Drive500.html
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       11-12-2003, 6:49 PM Reply   
Since the pumps are two way i will be filling and empting from the same hole. So how do i want do i want the sacs to be posistioned. Should the hose enter the sac on the top or bottom? If anyone has picture of something simalar that would be great.
Thanks
david