Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-08-2010, 10:46 PM Reply   
I will be there for about half a year mid next year, is there anything that is quite popular to do around the area, any good wakeboarding spots, im contemplating having my board shipped to me since i will be there for my Navy training but i should have weekends off and would like to explore the area as best i can, open to pretty much anything
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-09-2010, 4:44 AM Reply   
Lots of water around there. There is an active wake seen, salt water wont kill you. Just make you tougher. Learn to fish. Lots of cool planes at the base. I dont live there, just go for business a few times a year. Super hot bar maid at the Outback in Destin! I have seen a few Master Crafts loaded and leaving from the whale marina in Destin. It was mid week and they looked late 20s so probably military folk.
Good luck, stay safe and thanks for your service.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-09-2010, 5:37 AM Reply   
I live in Navarre, about half way between Destin and Pensacola. There is tons of water but not a lot of people that ride. There is a lot of fishing if your into that, lots of kite boarding, a little surfing, and truck loads of booze. Pensacola Beach is fun and Seville Quarter in Pensacola is fun. We mostly go and party in Destin but you can't go wrong either way. The beaches are really nice but I never go since I would rather be out on the boat than sitting at the beach with all the tourists (oil is gone, or never was really there to begin with). Also the diving is good, if your not certified then get certified because it fun. If your looking for a pull hit me up and you can come out with our group. Otherwise any other questions just ask.
Old     (Srigsby)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-09-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
First off - thanks for your service. One place that's always fun is the Flora-Bama on the Florida/Alabama line. It's not what it used to be because of hurrican Ivan, but still a great place to check out. If you have access to a boat, there's a lot of cool places to see in the bay at Orange Beach, Al and some good fishing too.
Old    mojo            12-09-2010, 7:48 PM Reply   
not much of a wake scene in southern alabama. it's grown, but nothing compared to up north. the flora bama is fun, even if you aren't a raging redneck, but i don't really care for it much. the beaches are nice though.