Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-12-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
Hey all fellow V owners-

We always seem to have water left over in the bilge area and the front locker. I realize that the back vents take some water in since we use over sized ballast but it seems a little excessive. I dont think there is a mid plug either on this boat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-12-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
I have heard someone else say the same.... I don't have the problem though. I would make sure one of your ballast bags are not leaking or the hose is connected tightly or more realisticly check you shaft packing.
Good luck!
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-12-2006, 10:05 PM Reply   
we had this problem on our last boat, the packing around the drive shaft had failed and would let water in while going in reverse, we noticed it becasue when we had it on the lift there would be a slow constant drip out of the drive shaft, you may want to check that out first
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-12-2006, 11:02 PM Reply   
I had a motor mount shift right after I bought it. It caused the prop shaft to be off center as it exited the hull. They replaced the drive shaft so I would assume you both are right. Is the shaft packing something they can fix pretty easily?
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-13-2006, 5:21 AM Reply   
If you are getting water in through your back vents you might consider coming to a slow stop when your rider is down rather than cutting the throttle completely. This will keep the water from swaping the rear area. Other than that, try parking on a hill and removing the plug. That's really the only luck I've had at getting all of the water out. You can also leave the basement storage hatch open when not in use to let the water evaporate.
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-13-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
Getting water through my top vents would not create that much water. As well it takes a ridiculous amount of water to get any to come out of that rear drain hole. Thanks for the advice.