Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-05-2006, 7:23 AM Reply   
http://www.airsling.com/media/new_videos/tower_up_down.wmv
Old     (sea_ray_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-05-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Nice-- I want one!!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-05-2006, 7:29 AM Reply   
Holly sh*#@ thats great.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-05-2006, 7:29 AM Reply   
Now that is cool!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-05-2006, 7:30 AM Reply   
Thats a great idea.
Fortunatly for me I can store our boat with the tower up.

I am sure that is gonna be a great seller.

Was that a homemade thing?
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-05-2006, 7:33 AM Reply   
I think it's pretty sweet, but i would think that it could only work with certain towers.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-05-2006, 7:40 AM Reply   
For people too lazy to undo 2 bolts. Lets see, the air sling was $3k, that means this should be somewhere in the neighborhood of $10k. No thanks.
Old    walt            10-05-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   

quote:

For people too lazy to undo 2 bolts.

I don't know about You guys but I don't always have help so I love the idea and it looks fast too.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-05-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
That's pretty cool, but IMO not worth more than a few hundred dollars for the "neato" factor, and compared to just undoing a couple bolts & laying it down.

Anyone look at the Airsling home page? Now THAT doesn't make sense - it's a $1600 stretchy rope. WTF? :?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-05-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
Sweet! What a great idea.

"not worth more than a few hundred dollars for the "neato" factor,"

Those that have to collapse their tower everytime they bring their boat home probably see much more than a neato factor. I see a lot of time saving function. Try lifting my tower with the NVS 1010s, lights, and an extra board rack. It ain't easy.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-05-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
For a promo vid you would think he would have gotten IN FRONT of the palm tree to record, lol!
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-05-2006, 8:48 AM Reply   
I agree it has more utility than just "neato" factor, just saying that "neato" has a little bit of value too. Still, I myself will do a fair amount of grunting to keep $3k. (is that really the cost?)

J-rod, maybe you should be hitting the gym a little more often? ;) j/k
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-05-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
I like the concept. My tower folds forward so there is not an easy place to mount an assist cylinder that doesn't swing past the pivot center. I am also too short to reach my tower so I have a bridge that I have to put in the boat between the bow cushion and jump seat to stand/walk on to get my tower up/down, plus the weight.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-05-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
Has anyone seen the new Epic tower go up and down? I wish I had some video of it, but the side support beams acts as a shock. All you do it pull out a few bolts and it collapses down nice and smooth. No need to spend an extra 3k on the tower. Still that is pretty sweet.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-05-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
I can definitely see how this could be a help with really heavy towers that take multiple people to lower. However, I've got an Illusion X tower, which is spring loaded to hold all the weight, so I just remove two pins and and let it gently sit on my open passenger seat back. Since I'm assuming you still have to put some sort of lock pins in that hydraulic tower, it would pretty much be the same amount of work.

Unless Malibu has a patent on the spring loading mechanism (which certainly could be the case), I would expect to see most towers go to some sort of spring loading in the future. It makes a lot of sense.

However, the neato factor is definitely there!
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-05-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
Someone on this board with a B-52 has had one of those on his boat for about a year. It's the Dale Earnhardt boat.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-05-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
too funny. Man, we're getting lazy.

If you noticed, when it was lowered down, the last 1/2 foot or so, it seemed to drop down. I'd rather lower it myself, so i can make sure it's done right.

And of course I'm ok with the extra 25 seconds it takes me to raise or lower it.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       10-05-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
I'm working on a garage that has a roof that opens and closes like a cigar box. I just haven't figured out how to load the video yet.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-05-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
That's cool but if I bought that I would still need a boat to go with it.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-05-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
WOW that is the greatest thing for me.Not lazy at all but like J-rod said the people that got heavy speakers and have to fold the tower every time,it is certainly nice.
My problem comes in those days that I'm meeting people at 6am at the ramp and I have to lift it up over my head at 5:30 in the morning...GET'S OLD QUICK!!Folding it down however is not as bad but I rather it be the opposite way,being harder after wakeboarding instead in the morning.Thinking about it.....it sucks folding the tower up either way!

Any body know if it can possibly work on a 04' zeroflex tower?