Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old    robertt            10-04-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
I am putting together a home theater, and bought a few of the Bass Shakers to mount under my theater seats. While reading up on them, I noticed that a lot of people are using them in lieu of a sub in convertibles do to the open air environment.

I started thinking that if you were doing a simple install, or one on the cheap, that it might be absolutly awesome in a boat.

Anyone try them?

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/SSW_home.html

http://www.aurasound.com/
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-04-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
I have a couple of the bass shakers from aura. I used them years ago in a honda del sol that I had. I couldn't fit a sub so I put those under the seats. They were ok and gave you a feel of bass. It has honestly been so long I have kind of forgot if they were good or not. I should hook them back up to something and see.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-04-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
never heard of using them in a boat but that's not a bad idea. The really good ones are kind of pricey, but so is putting together a nice boat stereo! let us know how it turns out.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-04-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
I had a couple and tried to place them in a boat but it did not work well. I had Alpine Bass Engines, same thing. They need to mount to a spot that flexes well. Most boats don't flex. Just my opinion. Don't waste your money
Old    robertt            10-05-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
I may try them, just to see. If I mount one on the underside of the observers seat, you will be able to blow people away. For 20 bucks a piece, its worth trying. On a Vdrive it might be different, but my gut tells me that you could mount one or two to the seat frame and that would do it.

If you can get decent bass exspecially while underway with them, they will be a bargain.

anyway, thanks for the input.