Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-28-2006, 5:38 AM Reply   
I hate saying the best boat but I am looking for the best choice for around 50k maybe a little less. I have decided it's time for a new boat, my Hurricane has been flawless since we purchased it but I am looking to upgrade.

It's getting cold in the northeast & demo time is running out. I am trying to sell my boat first rather than trade it in, if I have to trade I will. We have plenty of equity in the boat.

Speaking with the wife she has a few things she wants out of the boat. She wants a nice deep, comfy bow to hang out in. She loves the centurion bow b/c it is so deep & soft. My folks have a camp on a very rough lake & she feels very secure & safe in the bow of the Centurion. She originally just wanted to stick with Centurion but I feel we owe it to ourselves to shop EVERYTHING for this kind of money.

We looked at some Mastercrafts yesterday & really like the X2, we really really like the X-star but that is way out of our budget. The X2 was awesome as far as looks go. I haven't heard much good about the wakes but I sure love the styling. The board racks & tower are awesome, really nice quality. Plenty of storage, I can fit my 142 Murray in the rear storage compartment. Storage is an issue in the Hurricane. She didn't care for the lack of graphics, really boring & I agree. She felt the seats were way too hard, I also agree but feel it is better for the life of the vinyl. The price was out of the stratosphere, 76k list & about 65k out the door. Loaded to the hills, maybe we should order a stripped one?? Love the layout of the boat, plenty of style & will fit in my garage but what about the wake?

We looked at some Moomba's b/c there were no Supra's in stock. I really would like to see a new Supra, I hear great things about them. We looked at a VLX GG. I have to say back to back vs. the Mastercraft the quality was pretty impressive. Moomba has come a long way. I think re-sale may be tough but the boat was very nice. Tons of storage, excellent ballast, nice tower, hyd. wake plate, perfect pass, stadium seating, deep bow, playpen bow, flip up jump seat between bow, very deep & will handle our lake when it is rough. The downsides are the name, perceived lack of quality affecting resale, won't fit in the garage, pretty basic board racks, thinner seat cushions & lame colors on the GG. We could order a LSV with all the options in a different color obviously.

We looked at the Supra's on the website & we both really like the GG with the seat behind the driver, excellent for pics or hanging out. We really need to see one up close although I am sure it is over our targetted 50k budget. Maybe a 21v or 22 would come in at our price range.

I fell in love with a Avalanche C4 Boardstock eddition. I am not a fan of the switchblade, looks dangerous when jumping off the boat. We don't have kids yet but our friends do & I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt. I am concerned that the C4 will be tough to get a clean wake on. I suck but at least I want a wake that is clean all the way back, not too much to ask for. Styling is awesome on the boat & I know the guys at the factory would take care of me if I ever had a problem since their dealer network by me blows. Bling package finally brings their boats up to date. Better construction then ever. Great surf wake, sideswipe, awesome tower, board racks & bimini. Just a great overall package in the boardstock with better storage.

We have one of the largest Malibu dealers around, about an hour away & I have an excellent relationship with the salesman there, great guy, straight shooter. The problem seems to be with the pricing, I don't want a V-ride with less options. A fully loaded VLX seems out of our price range, he said in the 60's?? Doesn't sound right to me. He has offered to broker my boat & I know if anyone can sell it they will but that comes at an obvious cost. I honestly haven't looked at Malibu since I sold against them in 2002-03, nice boats for sure. The pricing seems insane on everyone's boat lately.

So, to wrap this up. We are looking for storage, excellent wake, nice & clean, good pop. Ballast options, more storage, wakeboard style, something flashy that fit's us. Perfect pass or likewise, quality construction, good dealer & rough water handling when needed about 4 times a year. Tall order for 45-50k?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2006, 7:42 AM Reply   
carl,

the mc & the bu seems a bit overpriced .... that is waayy to much for the x-2 and the vlx bu you can get in the mid 50's...

you might want to check out nautiques.. my loaded 211 team edition was much less....
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
I enjoy wakesurfing and don't care for the hydrodynamic enhancements (wedges or switchblades). They can also adversely impact low speed maneuvering and the wakezup (centurion) can bottom out coming down driveways/ramps as it does not flip up (must be removed--at least the version I test rode).
Despite what some of the more opinionated posters around here would have you believe--there are very few actually "bad" boats being made anymore in the dedicated towboat market. It's about compromises.
Each company tries to carve out it's piece of the market.
I happen to like boats with a bit more "v" for surfing and chop and crossing other's wakes comfort. Of the boats available in my market Centurion fit the bill. YMMV.
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-28-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
All the Nautiques in my area are overpriced. I thought the X2 was overpriced & was really surprised to hear the prices on the Malibu. We don't have many options for used boats up here, still a bit of a new market.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-28-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
I have an Avalanche C4, the v-hull is great in rough water, and I have been able to get and keep the wake clean at all speeds 18 and up. A 18 you can't have much ballast. The key was getting some easy to move around lead weights.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
the next closest state ?
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-28-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
The CC dealer is in my town, next CC dealer is 300 miles away, not good for service. The Supra/Moomba, Mastercraft & Malibu dealers are all within an hour or two drives from me. I don't mind the drive, we just have slim choices up here for dealers.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-28-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
Carl

Just so you know....you do not have to get the switchblade or sswipe exhaust on the Boardstock I actually just ordered one for our store in Kingsport TN
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
The Supra 21V and Moomba XLV are two boats that probably meet your requirements, have great wakes, and should come in under $50K.
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-28-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
We have owned several boats and for under 50k you cant beat the Supra 21v. Loaded boat and throws a very nice wake. With no ballast it's skiing wake is pretty decent as well.
Old     (tory1340)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-28-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
Carl:

I just made some of the rounds a few weeks ago in NH/MA for a boat to replace my '88 Supra Comp. Gillen had the Moomba, thought about it. MasterCraft across the street was too $$ for what I perceived as the value. Didn't run down to Rochester for CC, though. MacCallum's has Tige, but I'm not too familiar with it. ECF has a "new" showroom on Meredith. Stopped there looking for used knowing the $$$ od Malibus. Ended up at the mains office in MA and picked up a 2006 used VLX with about 100 hours. So far I'm impressed with it on Winni. Weekends are notoriously awful on Winni and family cruising was no sweat. The wake is excellent. Now if I could get over my sking habits I'd do better. Feel free to contact me directly if you want more of my 2 cents...

--Tory.
Edward.Fiske@Staples.com
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-28-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
We bought a V-ride and we love it. The wake has been great. The storage is good, very spacious. We have only had a couple of minor problems (bimini pole was sticking and they sent us a brand new one no questions asked) Handles great even in rough water. Might not have as much bling but no one riding has ever complained. I find all the seats very comfy. We have two small kids and the ride in the bow all the time. This is our first tournament boat and I was hesitant to let my husband spend the extra 20 000 over our old boat but I am sooooooooo glad we did now. It has been our best summer on the water yet.
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-28-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
Hey Tory,
Did you deal with Keith? He works at ECF, great guy. They usually have a camp boat or two for the high 40k range, worth checking out. I am looking at all my options now, I am not afraid of a one year old boat with hours but ut has to be the right boat. I forgot about Meredith, did they have anything there?

I really should go look at a V-ride to see if it will work for me. I haven't seen a Malibu up close in a little while. I know the quality is there but the price keeps creeping higher & higher.
Old     (tory1340)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-28-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
Sure did. Picked up one of the camp VLXs. Still steep, but worth every penny. Keith was outstanding and I would recommend anyone to him. Chris is the GM of the Meredith shop. He called me the other day with a 2007 on hand. They share inventory, so if Meredith is closer they should be able to shuffle them around a bit for you. I don't know for sure what new inventory they have, but all the used are listed on boattraderonline.com. enter Malibu and Mass. Anything in Middleton is theirs. Keith will tell you I made him work for the sale! Good people, though, and they know how to treat a customer when it comes to a large luxury purchase. I didn't get the same feeling from the Supra/Moomba dealer.

I was debating a new v-ride vs. the 100 hour used '06 VLX. Almost the same money but I gave up inconsequential options. Big deal. Yankee ingenuity gets past some of that. The black & yellow VLX sucked me in... Little bigger for the family and big lake issues...

You'd think there's be more options in the lakes region than what's there. Ray's in Milton dropped Mastercraft after almost forever. I think they picked up Centurion. There've been positive posts about them here I think.

Know anyone looking for an awesome 18 year old Supra Comp?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2006, 7:07 PM Reply   
if you can wait a couple months, i think you might see a big drop in price..
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-28-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
I can wait for sure. I don't need to get a new boat, I am just looking for the right deal & the right boat.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-28-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
carl i sent you a pm
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-28-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
Supra, I didn't get it? Try e-mailing me.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-28-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
check your e-mail
Old    funkcity            08-28-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
We have an 80 hour old V-Ride and its been a killer boat so far this it's first summer. Our family is really pleased.

Seats 10 or 11, tows easier than the wakesetter (5 or 600 lbs. lighter) costs less even with Monsoon and other options, and is the quickest Malibu wake boat with similar engine options.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-28-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
I am on my 2nd Supra and now have a 21V. I had the 22SSV last year. Both parts are(in my opinion), second to none. Well built, great wake, great price, and lots of options and standard features that other makers just don't have. I was just over 50K with my 21V, although I'm in CA. You'll love the boat!! The best thing would be to drive whatever your looking at and make the decision on your own. Supra all the way!!!Here is a recent pic of my wake. I'm 6'0", at 75', at a GPS'd 24.2, in 5-6ft of water. Upload
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
"I am concerned that the C4 will be tough to get a clean wake on. I suck but at least I want a wake that is clean all the way back, not too much to ask for"

I don't think you will have a problem with that but what I think is not important. Can you go for a test ride? That way you will be sure.
Old     (cruzhm)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-28-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
Carl,
Are you dead set on a new boat? I just picked up a 2005 VLX Wakesetter with 50 hours. Boat is brand new and completely flawless. I test drove all of the big guys and decided on the Malibu. I was able to get this fully loaded boat for 41K. Seemed like a great deal. What a great boat. Drives will in the choppy water. Puts out an amazing wake also.

Don't discount the Malibu. I feel you are giving up a lot with the X2. The space you get with the VLX is awesome and I can't say enough about it.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-28-2006, 9:29 PM Reply   
carl i would go with a tige 22v if there's a dealership in your area. at my parents dealership our 22v's with a lot of options go for about 52 out the door. when you look at the prices remember they have to add the sales tax, freigh, prep, and licenes so just estimate all that out to be around 3 or 4 grand. with the ballast tanks the new way tige designed them you still have all your storage. they only hold 900 pounds but with the taps and the convex v whole it'll throw a great wake. all the other boats have to put about 1,500 pounds in their boats to get the wake the tige will have. less weight means you'll save gas. it handles really well in the rough water too. if there is a dealer in your area demo the 22v and if you want more options for still under 50 try the 20v
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-28-2006, 9:36 PM Reply   
You could get a new MC X-1 for under $50k, well equipped. Great wake, awesome boat.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-28-2006, 9:44 PM Reply   
Ryan,

I am going to call you out on that statement.

"all the other boats have to put about 1,500 pounds in their boats to get the wake the tige will have"

Air Nautique 210's only have 850lbs. Are they not gonna throw a wake as good as a Tige 22V?

Carl,

I would look at Correct Craft, Mastercraft and the Bu. You can find some great deals on 210's, X-1/X-2's and VLX's. Summer is winding down and it is about to be a great time to buy a boat. If I was in the market for a new boat for about $50K, these would be the one's I would work on.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-29-2006, 1:18 AM Reply   
Honestly, I would put five k in the bank and look at a 21v, this boat has blown me away this summer.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-29-2006, 5:07 AM Reply   
carl my supra 24 ssv is loaded, 340 engine, heater, gravity 3 ballast upgraded to 750's in rear, tower speakers,cover, tower lights,cargo rack, rear audio control, wakeplate, etc, etc, it has 9 months bow to stern warranty left and 2 years 9 months engine, 47,900 w/ trailor, the grapics look great but can be changed for a couple hundred bucksUpload
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-29-2006, 5:38 AM Reply   
There are alot of great boats out there for that price. It's important that you get hooked up with a good dealer who will support you after the sale. And don't forget to drive/ride them all.

For 50K?...my vote...Supra 21V. Or, if the dude above is serious about that 24SSV for 48K, that's a hell of a deal!
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-29-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
very serious e-mail me for my phone number
Old     (waterzomby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-29-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
Bought my V-Ride new for under 50k and love it! Great fit and finish, killer wake, we have just had a blast with it this year.... A++
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-29-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
I think the X1 would be a great choice. The resale is probably one of the best, just look at what 04 X2s are going for. {same boat} The extra ballast people are talking about is more than likely overkill for the average wakeboarder. The stock ballast on the X1 creates a pretty awesome wake. By the way this is my first post on Wakeworld, what a great site!!!
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-29-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
I think for your price range, a Tige would be great. You can always add some of the pricey options over time.
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-29-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
I spoke with my local Malibu dealer & they offered me good money for my boat (not as much as I would have liked but reasonable) & a good price on a new VLX with most of the options. It may end up working out, the numbers seem like they will work for me & the boat is what I want. We will see. I am not done shopping yet but I am closer than ever with this boat.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-29-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
I have an 06 x2 and in my opinion i couldnt have picked a better boat. Ive had it for about 4 months and 100 hours and it has had 0 problems and this is mostly in salt water use (not a saltwater series). The boat is very well made, I'm used to offshore fishing boats wich need to be very solid and this boat doesnt dissapoint. As far as the wake I ride with stock ballast and sometimes through in a 400lb fat sac in the middle and I love the wake and I have been told by some guys that r really good, one of them is a coach that the wake was much better than he expected. Also when u really load it down it gets huge. It also handles the chop really well.
Old     (tory1340)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-29-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
Keep on beating him up, Carl. Keith will break eventually! Like I said before, they're great people compared with others I spoke with. He cares about getting you into the right boat, not just making the sale.

Did he take yours as a trade or brokerage? I'm very happy with the boat. So is my father who has been driving for me for over 20 years(I'm 42). He loves speed control having used it only once! My wife and kids are much happier and more comfortable. Now if I could just get the skiing habits out of my head...
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-29-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
Tory, don't absorb the wake with your knees!!!

He offered me decent money for my trade, they are rockbottom on the VLX, you probably saw it. It is the black one in the showroom with the carbon blade tower. I am concerned that I can't put another board rack on the tower though. I could use one for my surf board.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-29-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
mike i'm looking at a 2006 boat buyers guide right now and am comparing both boats. in the advanced wake section the tige tested with the taps at 8 and no ballast and rated an 8 out of 10. the super air natique was tested with the factory ballast which holds 850(sorry less than i thought my bad)and it rated an 8 also. when you add the factory ballast from tige which holds 850 i'm pretty sure it'll be throwing a better wake than the super air natique. you also still have all your storage in the tige even when you have the ballast tanks in it. i'm not sure how natique designed their tanks this year but you might want to look at that.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-29-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
almost forgot the base price for the tige was 42 but thats with it pretty much bear boned. the natique's base price was 58 which is also pretty much bear boned.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-29-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
Ryan,

I respect what you are saying. But ask almost anyone on this board, and I am sure they would agree that a Nautique 210 or an X2, which has much less ballast, will throw just as good, if not a better wake then a Tige 22V or VE with ballast.

The reason for this is that these boats are narrow beam boats. My 210 is like 92" at the beam, the Tige's are almost all 102". The narrower boats don't need as much weight to sink the boat down. Not bagging on the Tige here, I am just saying that I think that the blanket statement said above is not very accurate.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-29-2006, 11:51 PM Reply   
Shizz, if you can get a 24SSV for 48k then what else is there. I've ridden bbr's boat and man that thing had a sweet wake. Brandon knows what he's talking about too, he's had Malibu's and his riding partner has a VLX and he probably puts 250 hours on a boat every year. He's also a ripper and doesn't have owner's goggles. I've been very impressed with his rides. Tough problem to have, hope you get it worked out.
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-30-2006, 12:26 AM Reply   
I agree, If you can get the 24ssv that is a killer deal and is an awesome boat with a killer wake.
Old    discolafinger            08-30-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
hey carl my 06 24 gravity is for sale $54,500, the boat is cleaner than new, 70 hrs on itUpload
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-30-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
the only time a 92 inch beam is good is if you want to ride with about a 85 foot line and at around 25mph's because the wake is so narrow on a boat that has that beam. and good luck to anyone looking at getting a 2007 210 being natique isn't making them in 2007. they must be suck great boats if they don't want to put them into production.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-30-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
Carl-by the sounds of it you have your mind made up. The Malibu VLX is one of the best wake boats on the market. You will be happy

Ryan-I would take the 210 or X1 anyday over a tige for pure wake. But that just IMO.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-30-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
Stick with the Avalanche! One of, if not thee best boats on the market for that kind of money. With the deeper V hull it does not take lots of extra ballast to get pro caliber wakes. Very solid built boat with wakes to match.
Loads of storage, built in cooler that is actually usable.
Best of all... It's not a "MASTERBUTIQUE"
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-30-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
My mind isn't made up but I am leaning towards the VLX for sure. Great boat, great warranty, good price, good dealership that will fix any problems that may arrive. The VLX is in the front of the pack for sure. It would just kill my old Centurion buddies
Old    ilovetrains            08-30-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
I thought maybe the numbers on that VLX would change, what they were qouting your seemed way off base.

BTW - I had no problem getting rock bottom on an ordered boat to get what I wanted. I know they want to seell that boat on the lot, but selling a boat vs. not selling one will open them up.

Are you the guy who is worried about the blade tower going under a low bridge?
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-30-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
Ryan,

Pls stop posting, you're giving us Tige owners a bad name. FYI, Tige will not be making the 22v for 2007 either.
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-30-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
Yes, I am worried about the tower under the bridge for sure.
Old    ilovetrains            08-30-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
I wondered if you were the same guy. From Todd said, I would be worried as well. If you need a tower that has to go down each time you go from one side to the other, see about getting it retrofit with the 06 Illusion tower. It has built in springs that let it down easily and all you have to do is pull two pins.

Otherwise I would push them to order a boat in for you. I did this at this time last year, and got a very good price. It was the first 06 they sold, and they gave no problems with the order. Malibu was very fast in putting it together and provided a few updates (I did not get pictures, sent the request to the wrong person.)
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-30-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
46,900 for the 24 ssv with the exact same options as the gravity above, less hours, has warranty except 3 months, will not see others exactly like it, no offense to the gg i love them but i do see them once a week on the lake, now my colors are not for everyone
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-30-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
Super Air's(210) suck........glorified bass boat at best and only a fool with think the wake is on par or close to a loaded up 22V...... Maybe an Aztec Crow.....maybe....

Fact is, I don't think the SAN(210) fits all your requirements, but I just had to chime in....
Old     (ewater)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-30-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
Supra for Me...I'm biting my tongue.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-30-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
don't
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-30-2006, 9:36 PM Reply   
Carl if you buy the Malibu I am sure you will love it. I hope I did not insult the gg owner, they are great boats I was just saying I think I have mine priced to sale. I think he is reasonable on his as well, they are beautiful boats.
Old     (tory1340)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-31-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
I should have checked with you guys before I pulled the trigger a few weeks ago. Supra, that's a beauty. My old Comp is running strong. Not that I'm brand specific, I had good experience with a Supra, maybe looking into it further would have been a good idea. The flame graphic is excellent.
Old    discolafinger            08-31-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
thanks ----supra for me?
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-06-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
I have your boat and it's in NY. Not far from you. 06 Sanger V215. Asking $54,000 will all of the options but that can be negotiated. Boat has 110 hours on it, never registered so you get full warranty. Send me a PM for more pics and details. You can see more in the for sale section of WW. Boat is perfect! Will deliver.

Upload
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-06-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
I have decided on a Malibu but at this point have not purchased the boat. We water tested it & fell in love. It is the NICEST boat I have ever driven (I used to be in the business) Very sweet ride, the wake was hard to fault even though the water was rough. Overall, this seems like the best choice for me, excellent bang for the buck. Not cheap by any means but worth every penny. Now I just have to decide whether I want the floor model or order a new one.
Old     (tory1340)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
You won't be disappointed either way, Carl. The VLX in the showroom was quite nice. I didn't really care for the blade tower, but that's me. As I said before, those guys treated me with respect. ~$50K is a big chunk of money for a luxury item, so it is in the dealer's best interest to do so. Say Hi to Keith for me...
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-06-2006, 5:00 PM Reply   
No doubt, they are pro's, they know how to take care of the customer & earn your business. The only thing I did want to do, is look at a Supra. Everyone raves about them here. Unfortunately there were none in stock last time I looked, the dealership never called me back until a week later. Doesn't sound like they would be there for me if I had a problem, IMO.

I really can't imagine a boat feeling better than that Malibu either, too bad I may not find out since there are no other Supra dealers around.
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-03-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
MB Sports B52v
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-09-2006, 11:54 PM Reply   
under 50K
MC X1, Sanger, Calabria best boats for the money IMO. Supra is a little more but also a good boat for the buck.

I love the vlx and I think that is one of the best boats in its class.