Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old    malo8899            09-26-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,

Just sold my boat and buying a new one. I'm trying to decide between two.

1) 2005 Centurion Cyclone C4. 250 Hours. Has Center Ballast, tower speakers, sideswipe exhaust.

2) 2003 Supra Launch SSV Gravity Games. 220 Hours. Has G.G. Ballast System, tower speakers, Perfect Pass, Bimini top.

I can get them both for 33k.

I'm trying to decide which to get. My two big concerns are:

1) WAKE -- I like a steeper nautique-ish wake. The cyclone wake is like a mini nautique wake, its fairly steep has has great vertical pop. I've been riding it all summer and I love it. The Supra wake, I've never experienced. Some people tell me its steep, and others say rampy, so I dont know which to go with. It must be good thought since it pulls a few different comps.

2) EASY TO RESELL - I typically dont hold boats that long, so I want to make sure whatever I buy I'm getting a good deal and will be able to resell it pretty easily for not a whole heck of a loss.

Any help would be really appreciated!!

Mike
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-26-2006, 5:03 PM Reply   
SUPRA....Hands down. It everything and more that you would probably want in a boat. Less hours, better wake (IMO), better boat.
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-26-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
Supra is the only way to go the 22ssv has a great wake with the stock ballast , with the gg bags the wake is un real
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-26-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
The supra wake gets steep just ride with the plate all the way up.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-26-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
Supra, and upgrade to the GG bags. Plenty boat for most
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
i would go with the centurion, great ride, adding weight with is easy, and sideswipe exhaust is great
Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-26-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
Centurion is a great boat, ridden behind both (have 2004 cylcone) ridden behind 2003 ssv too. Cyclone wake is much steeper than ssv. Both have great extras, just drive and ride behind both.
Old    r3612            09-26-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
CEnturions wake gets much steeper than the Supra's for sure. Spend a ton of time behind both. The wakeplate on the supra works a little better however the Cyclone is still much steeper.

Down side between the 2 is that the Cyclone is a tad smaller.

Not sure what type of riding level you are at, but the Cyclone is great but really is optimal to go with the 3 tanks in the Cyclone to get the most out of it.

Sideswipe is a littel loud. Not sure if the Cyclone you ride with has it but it is a huge difference between the regular and the sideswipe.

Not sure if you surf at all but the Cyclone also excels in that category as well.

Resale to...always easier to sell a newer boat.. just my .02
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-26-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
S-U-P-R-A.
Old     (wmk)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-27-2006, 4:46 AM Reply   
Don't have much opinion, but i'll stick a shameless plug in here. I am likely putting my '05 cyclone on the market soon that has many more options than that one, and about half the hours - for very close to the same price.

Can't speak to the Supra but the Cyclone should give you a nice steep wake with 1,000 in the rear, center ballast full, and a full tank of gas since the gas tank is up front. Otherwise supplement with people weight. 2,000 lbs plus passenger will provide a nice surf wake for a smaller boat.
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-27-2006, 6:43 AM Reply   
At that price point you won't have a problem selling either and loosing your shorts. Should be able to hang onto it for a couple years and get your money back out. Personally, I would buy the Supra because, my opinion, they're better boats.
Old    malo8899            09-27-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info ya'll. I think I'm sold on the Centurion for the age and wake factor.

WMK - I sent you a private message, would like to get some info on your boat.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-27-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
Ken, i Also have a 2005 Centurion for sale, nicely equipped. and its a Lightning. I am asking $35000. ver nice steep wake.....email me at cweber@rbcsuccess.com if interested. There is a picture of it in my profile.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-27-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
I am going to chime in and say go for the cyclone. It is a smaller boat, but the ride is much better. The supra has a flatter bottom so the ride is a little more harsh. The 05's used a heavier vinyl for seat construction. I kind of consider this the year centurion really started improving there rep. There is much more storage in the cyclone and plenty of room for ballast.
The wake behind both boats are stellar but it seems like the supra needs much more ballst to get the most out of it. The cyclone wake is nice and steep but because of the narrower beam it is easy to get across. I ride much longer line lengths behind my buddies cyclone. If you go with the cyclone, don't forget to ballast the front, the wake starts to curl with too much tail weight.
Old     (imiguy68)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-27-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Supra Hands Down!!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
Dude, you can make the Supra steep or rampy very easily with the wakeplate. Here is a pic of my wake. Upload
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-27-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
Super Super Supra!!! Supra all the way!!! Centurions are great boats, but when comparing the two Supra will always win!
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-27-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
Im a Supra Fan love the 21v wake storage ballast i guess i dont know what a steep wake is if cent. is bigger than 21v with gg ballast and wakeplate.
Old    wakesetter23lsv            10-13-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
supa