Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old    davekeith            10-12-2006, 6:44 AM Reply   
Here's mine. We've put about 23 hrs on it so far. New hull and interior for 07. It's a 220V with the ZR6 motor.

Upload
Upload

Here is the surf with 1/2 (900lbs.) of the factory ballast. I just bought 1650lbs. more in Pro-X series sacs. It surfs good now but it should be great...

I would love to see any other MB's out there!

Upload
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-12-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
Sharp boat man!!!!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-12-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
That is a nice looking boat! Congratulations. I like the graphics better than the tribal. My buddy has a 06 v23 Team and the wake is unreal. thanks for posting some pics. Enjoy the MB! Great Boat!
Old    davekeith            10-12-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
I forgot to ask... Anyone know about aftermarket heaters? My wife talked me out of the option and it's about to be cold. oH NO....don't spend the extra $$$ on that...... we don't need it.... baby i'm cold...lol
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-12-2006, 7:23 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/heater_craft_300hc_heater

and from a Malibu but install has to be similar

http://www.wakeworld.com/articles/2002/heater.asp

and welcome to Wakeworld!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-12-2006, 7:23 AM Reply   
Awesome graphics. Very nice. Congrats.
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-12-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
Hey David nice MB!
I like the classic graphics and color.
What kinda changes were made to the hull and interior for '07? How is that ZR6 treatin ya?
Looks like 22" Milanni's on the truck?

(Message edited by goodwin on October 12, 2006)
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-12-2006, 7:30 AM Reply   
David, that is the nicest looking MB that I have ever seen!
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-12-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
David, talk with Alan Slabaugh.
aslabaugh@southernskiboats.com
He is a MB dealer from Virginia and has done a few heater installations on MB's.
Old    davekeith            10-12-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
Wow guys... I don't know what to say. Thanks for the props.. slipknot, thanks for the links...looks like I have my work cut out. goodwin... good eyes.. they are 22" Milanni's The changes for 07? The interior of the V23 was squeezed in the 22' hull (they took the extra 11" from the rear deck) The only thing different is the rear observer seat isn't there. The hull has some type of new area cut out in the very back on the sides that is supposed to keep the nose down? I dunno exactly what it consists of... Brendel told me about it when I was ordering. (I wanted the Triple Up, but they quit making it for 07 in the 220 and Mike was explaning the new 1800lb. ballast system and why the nose ballast wasn't needed and the new hull shape came up) The ZR6? loving it so far... it has a new enclosed coolant system. Never saw it before. That's a cool B52, got any interior picks? What tower speakers? Fusion?
Also if any of you are in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area... we are ALWAYS ready to go to the lake...when my wife's not cold that is.
Old     (nubb)      Join Date: May 2006       10-12-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
I agree with Tim, it's the cleanest MB I've ever seen. I see it made a trip to PK as well.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-12-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
Best lookin' MB I have seen. I like that first picture, old meets new....
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-12-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
Yep, four Fusion's on the tower.. they sound pretty good. WakeSpecialty.com has some killer LED kits for the Fusion's and they are in the Dallas area.
I just snagged 22" Milanni's for our Tahoe and think they look sweet.
I have some pics of the interior, but have not downloaded them from the camera yet or resized them for posting.
Old    davekeith            10-12-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
Gotta love PK
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-12-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
That is a really slick boat. It will definately stay in style for many years to come. The driver seat looks quite comfy. I was just wondering though if the tower rattles or sways any because it looks like from the last picture the vertical strut is only held in place by a small attachment. mayb its an illusion but the top looks secure and the bottom looks like its not as strengthened. Just curious. Thanks.
Old    davekeith            10-12-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
Nice pic on your profile captain - some year (or decade) soon......
Nah.. the tower is pretty stable, it will stay up without the side braces. The bottom of the brace is actually on a pivot. They are for linear bracing only...
Old    davekeith            10-12-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
Goodwin... I just checked out the LED kits. WOW - I want the speaker kit and the swim platform kit in blue heehee

Jeeese a heater and LED's too... just when I think I've spent my last $...........
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-12-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Blue LED's would look sick!
Post some pics when you finish adding all the goodies. Don't forget about a sweet light bar
Old    davekeith            10-12-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
Got it....
Crapy picture, but you can see the bar. Ive got two blue LED strips on the sides in the back. Also MB went to all LED (white) interior and trailer lights for 07. I think the swim platform LED's would be trick. I just don't know about drilling that hole in the hull Upload
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-12-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
Wow. Great looking boat. I had an 03 220v before this and a 98 boss 210 before that so needless to say I am a big fan of the product. Here are some pictures. I think I might have one of the first of the 07 off the line.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    davekeith            10-12-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
How tall is your garage door? I have thought of trying to fit mine inside but it's a serious pain to fold down my tower and I'm not sure it will fit.
Nice Puzzle graphics. Which tower do you have?
Old    enriched            10-12-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
Macgiver nice boat, I like the graphics and color better than your last one.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-12-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
David- That is a good looking MB, I am glad to see no tribal for 07.

Have you thought about just putting in heated seats instead of the heater? Also you can put the led's on your swim step without drilling any holes by running your power to the swim step brackets on the inside of the boat, just do a search on here for the seats and the led swim step and you will see how to do it.
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-12-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
My garage is standard height but I have to remove my tower completely to get the boat in. I do have the classic swoop. I liked the looks better and from what I heard it was easier too fold and or remove and didnt have as much lateral movement. My 220 fit in the garage without a problem but the enlarged the free board by 4 or 5" witch is exactly how much it misses it by.....go figure.
Old    rsmith            10-12-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
New for '07: The Tomcat. If you ask me it looks like a MC XStar on crack.

Upload
Old    rsmith            10-12-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
Another shot of the '07 Tomcat.

Upload
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-12-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
I just don't like how big-a-fanny that boat's got...
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-12-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
I like the boat. It looks like a prototype. Like how car companies always come out with sweet prototypes and then scale it down for the production version. this is the hardcore prototype that went right into production. I dont really like the graphics, too hurricanish. but the one piece windshield is a nice touch for visibility. Im sure the bow rise is minimal because of the way the boat sits in the water regularly which i also like. I also think its different how if you saw a top view it would almost have no taper in the front. its almost a rectangle which i am curious how it effects the ride and wake. I like the tall draft. It gives the illusion or feeling of sitting in a deep boat and it probably is. Makes me feel that much safer on a choppy day, so i dont think ill fly out. To tell you the truth though im not a fan of the tower. The lights in the tower tube are innovative but i just dont think it looks correct. overall i rate it an 8. without seeing any of the interior or the hull. or riding in it. Its a tight lookin boat. plus you know everybody on the launch will be whispering about it. like whoa look at that. what is it? can it fly? haha.

thanks for the comment Mr. Keith. You cant go wrong with a classy picture like a slash. Plus people cant tell if ur really good or you can barely wake jump. a slash is a slash.
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-13-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Thanks Lance. Just wish I had more time with it this season. It will be in the shop and torn apart very soon now.
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
here are some pics i took of it at the portland tour stop i like it but to each their own.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-13-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
nice Tomcat pics DDub.
BTW, your Roswell light bar looks really good!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-13-2006, 11:39 AM Reply   
I think the new tomcat would look bangin with the samson tower (or as many refer to it, the epic tower). If I had the cash I would def look into the boat with a different tower.