Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-10-2006, 11:28 PM Reply   
damnit clubmyke! quite given my secrets away!
Actually I have looked at these and they are nice! The question I have is can the ROI be realized in a boat....or better yet, behind a boat at 20+mph? If YOU think so, give me a call and I'll make it happen.

Lance, after reading my post I'm sorry if I put you into that category I ranted on. My mistake.
After a few years of repeating myself I guess I've lost some patience with the sub thing.
Anybody else pull up to a dock and get these kind of comments? "Wow, that's a lot of subs up there"
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-10-2006, 11:44 PM Reply   
Looks like Duane is being humble...

From my recollection his Addiction's are a custom built driver collection sourced from Eminence (made in the usa). Custom basket, custom cone, custom voice coil, all designed for use in the marine environment and light weight.

I also like the Beyma drivers but the ROI comes into question.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-10-2006, 11:48 PM Reply   
the sub's on the tower comments go into the same category as the "going fising" questions I get from the teethless at the gas stations in Modesto... I just answer "Ahhhh yeah" as I do my best to hide my natural eyeroll reaction.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-11-2006, 12:06 AM Reply   
Mikeski,
Yes you're right. I'm not usually one to talk smack. Honestly though I've had a bunch of fun with this thing so far. Yes the Addiction represents a custom speaker with an aluminum basket, a neo compression driver and all but I think our application (wakeboarding) is still rather young in terms of product develomeent. Tons of ideas still abound. The guys at Wetsounds and Skylon also take the development very seriously and in the end the consumer is the ultimate winner. What's wrong with that?
(BTW, the B&C 10" in even better than the 8")
Ah yes, the teethless wonders at the pump, just grin and say howya doin? (I'd rather watch an old Cheech and Chong movie)
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-11-2006, 12:20 AM Reply   
duane...sorry... i remember reading in a post ahile back i was just looking at beyma 8" drivers and saw the coaxial 8BX...the regular drivers look good but they are $$$ even compared to the b&c...
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-11-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
I've had 3 people look at my Rubicon's from the front and say: "You got enough lights up there?" As though I've got 8" rally lights in deep enclosures...

I was looking at those B&C coax speakers again, and they're not 98db, they're 94db.. The horn in them is 101db and the mid is 94db.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-11-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
craig, there are alot differet models of b&c....

here is the mfg. lik with the 98 db sens. model

http://www.bcspeakers.com/index.php?sez=1&categoria=1&id_descrizione=2&prodo tto=3

the really cool one is the 8NDL51... 4 lbs !!!!!!!
here is the pic of the heavy 4 pounder..

Upload