Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
Here is a link to some of the reviews that the new production Epic has been getting here in Dallas.
I know my opinion is biased since I’m the new Dallas dealer but I’ve ridden behind most types of wake board and am simply a lucky rider who managed to get the right people together to become a dealer. I've been riding behind the boat now for several weeks and can honestly say the wake is huge. Two people can go out wakeboarding or surfing and never have to fill another fat sack and still have a monster wake. If you have a lot of people in the boat your better of running the ballast at about 1/2 to 3/4 ballast. The wake behind the boat without any tanks filled is honestly bigger then most "wakeboard boats" with their stock ballast filled.
My friend and I went surfing and had a huge surf wake in about ten minutes with the front ballast at 3/4 and the rear at 3/4. The boat truly handles better then any other 23' boat on the market. You'll have to drive it for you're self to understand but my last boat was a 95' Ski Nautique (19’ direct drive) and this 23' (V-drive) really does handle better. It's freakin amazing, AND it backs up in either direction.
The wake can be a bit sensitive when the ballast is completely full, but what wake isn't sensitive with 4,000#'s of ballast. If the water isn't perfect drop a 1/4 to 1/2 tank and the wake is still the biggest on the market and forms up absolutely perfect. We've had some really good riders behind the boat and so far it's pretty much unanimous, "this is hands down the biggest wake you've ever seen". And as far as the shape, pretty much a 210 Nautique wake on steroids. The boats are officially for sale and if anybody is in the Dallas area and would like to check out the boat just shoot me a message.

P.S. thanks Ried and Matt for creating DWB.com and making a place for every rider in the area to meet and come together as a group.

Jess

http://www.dallaswakeboarding.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7956&star t=0
Old     (jrogers26)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-10-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
i can vouch for the fact that the wake is huge. i just saw it cuz we were sharing a line with it. insane.