Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-08-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
What did one of these go for brand new with EVERY option, and a 6K stereo system? Looking for ballpark numbers.
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-09-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
The reason I ask is because there is a 2006 on boattrader right now for 41K with all options, 6K stereo, and full warranty, and 24hrs. I called the guy and the list price is wrong. It says 31K, but price is 41K. He said he paid 65K new. Seems like a Great deal for someone. I wish I had the money.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-09-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
that is a good price for that boat. Calabria's tend to lose alot of value right off the bat but then hold at a steady price for a few years. I was ready to buy one last year when I was looking for a new boat. I found a dealership up in Washington that was clearing out there 2005 inventory for $40-43K new ( retail during summer was @ $53K. At the same time there were 6 or so 2-3 year old Pro-V's that were right at $38-40K. Within 2 months all of the used boats were gone at close to thier asking price and the dealer sold most of thier stock at the lower price as well.
I really liked the boats but had a problem with the tower extending a few inches wider on both sides of the boat. The boat has tons of room and is very lush on the interior.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-09-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
Darin,
Do you have a brother named KYLE. Rides Road bikes Professionally????
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-09-2006, 4:09 PM Reply   
Why do you ask? Did you google my last name? Do you know a Kyle Gritters?
To answer your question, No. I am related to him distantly, but have never even met him. He is a son of my grandpa's brother. Theres all kinds of stuff on line about him.

Anyways, what was your reason for the tower problem? Was this a garage issue? This boat is so tempting, but I really can't spend over 30K. What did you end up buying? I was looking at the Supras, but I don't like the cramped feel of the playpen seating. I need a short boat with lots of room. That is why the prov2 is so tempting.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-09-2006, 11:38 PM Reply   
Darin, I have a 2006 Pro V I paid under 44K for it brand new! The pro v2 is 3,000.00 less than the pro v. If he paid $65K then he is either stupid or not telling the truth. You should look to buy a 2006 model in about two months for around 41-43K.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-10-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
No I do not know Kyle Personally. I race road bikes as well. He won one of our races 2 years ago up here in Murrieta. It is not a last name you hear often.
I bought a Moomba 23XLV. Great boat but in the end I didnt like the bigger boats and went back and bought a Malibu VLX.
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-10-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
I'd question the seller. Who would put it in for 41k and get calls and say it was a mistype? I think it might be a scam. Always go by the saying if it sounds too good to be true it probably is! I'd pay cash for it to accompany my Pro-V if it were true. Great boats!!!
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       10-10-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
I was quoted 45 for a fully loaded ProV2. That was the dealers first offer.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-10-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
Darin,
Before i had the Moomba XLV I had a 2001 Supra SSV, exact boat that Bryan has for sale and that you demoed. I will tell you that I didnt like the playpen seating when I first got it but I loved it in end end. I think it is a great option to have on a boat. Gives you two extra seats, allows for more storage, and acts like a windblock when you need it. If you only hvae $30K to spend then Bryan's boat is a great deal. You will love the wakeplate as well.