Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-26-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
I LOVE the Pro Flight Tower on my 06 Sanger, but the Pro Flight Board racks are seriously terribly designed. After taking delivery, right away the racks were a problem, mainly, it was a MAJOR biotch to get boards in and out.
After contacting Eric at PF, he tells me they are aware of the problem and have re-designed the fingers to fit a wider range of boards, and he will exchange mine when they come in.
Some time goes by, I finally get the new ones, install them, and the next time out I realize right when I slip two boards in and bungie them down, they are hitting each other on the outer edge now because the middle bar of the fingers was not widened at all to compensate for the wider openings between the middle bars and the outside bars.
So I call PF and they tell me that's all the options they have for me, and to call Semper Speed and Marine and they will work out a refund/ credit towards different brand racks. Of course Semper tells me they'll have to call PF and get back to me. I here nothing back after weeks from Semper.
Now I know It's after the sale and my New Boat Ckeck has long since been deposited and we're only talking about 500 bucks or so here but what has me thinking is, who does the testing on these prototypes before giving the nod to machine out a thousand of these pieces? It's only a friggen board rack for crying out loud. I could do better on the first try.

End rant
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-26-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
Yeah when we got our proflight tower.. we didnt like the racks so we just skipped that mess and wound up with Fusion racks. We later pinned them and we couldnt be happier. No rattling, hitting of boards, or shifting
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       09-27-2006, 5:08 AM Reply   
Sounds like a big lack of R and D to me.

Maybe hit up your dealer for a refund and give him your racks back. XTP just redesigned their OA360 rack which could work well for you and will bolt right onto your Pro-Flight.

How's the actual tower holding up? I hear good things about them...

Mike
Old    stillstandin            09-27-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
Dude, I have had some pretty bad experiences with Pro Flight, and so have some other people I know. That company will not get my business.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-27-2006, 4:21 PM Reply   
What happened? I have heard mostly good things from them until now.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-27-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
The dealer, Semper Speed & Marine was supposed to get back to me and has not in weeks. I could'nt be happier with the tower, it's just the racks that are bad. From the looks of things, I better hope that the tower has no issues down the road!
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-30-2006, 4:26 AM Reply   
Which PF tower do you have, and what racks? I have the G-force tower and racks, and i've never had any problems getting boards in or out. I use them for my surfboard and wakeskate also and no probs.
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-02-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
Sparky, did you get your stickers. It was cool to meet ya out at boardstock. Oh in fact I am leaving today to go and rep Fly High in Cali. I would love to take you up on that pull you offered me if I have some free time and I am in your area. I will be there untill the 17th.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-02-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
Chris, yes I got it. I will send you mt cell # so we can get together! You're gonna have to MAKE some free time!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-02-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
Rodney, PF only has three types of fingers for the racks, according to them, and none worked correctly.
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-05-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
Maybe ProFlight could take a lesson from Roswell on how to handle board rack issues.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/376086.html?1160083479
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-08-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
Hats off to Roswell for great customer service. Let me say again that Eric at PF did work with me and gave me all the options he had to offer. And in the end told me to return them to the dealer where I bought the boat and racks, and PF would credit the dealer back and put that amount towards another brand of racks. I've been patient long enough and just dropped 500 on some Boss racks out of my own pocket...again. I'm done with Semper. People warned me about a dealer so far away, you know, once they got your money... It's turned out to be true in this case. Again it's only 500 bucks, maybe I should'nt even be bitch'n.