Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-12-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
The big man is checking his list and coming up short. He is looking for some help with the 2010 Waterskiing Santa show in Washington DC. He needs boats to pull Christmas characters on skis, hydrofoils, kneeboards, and wakeboards. . Three, maybe four boats. These boats would need to be delivered to National Harbor in Maryland on Christmas Eve morning. Actual running time in the show is 30 minutes tops. The show is at 1:00 PM and you could be on your way home by 2:30 PM. He has seasoned show veterans who can captain the boat, or you can drive it yourself. Either way, you will be with your boat every second. Hard times in the boating industry has made it difficult for his dealer sponsors to lend the kind of support they have in the past, so he is appealing to private owners. The only compensation is the smiles and cheers from the crowd, a show participation pin and hat, and lots of gratitude. This show has been a Washington DC Christmas tradition for the past 24 years. The show must go on! I know this site has some members in the DC area, so I am posting here and hoping for a Christmas miracle. The show goes on rain, snow, or shine, so your commitment must be rock solid.
Another item on his wish list is a performer who can fly a wake kite. If you own a wake kite and know how to rock it, this is your chance for 5 minutes of fame.
If you are able to help, please PM your contact info. Thanks!

The website is waterskiingsanta.com

Here is a link to last year's show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stw81kiqrQM
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-12-2010, 6:06 PM Reply   
cna santas reindeer transport a boat form colorado?
Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-13-2010, 1:19 AM Reply   
The entire herd could probably muster up 1/4 hp. Maybe if they started right now.........
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-13-2010, 5:01 AM Reply   
John, I saw your post on DCWake. I am trying to make it happen on my end. I will do my best. Thanks.
Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-13-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
Alan.......your old dealer, Southern Ski Boats, used to be a huge supporter of the show. It would be awesome if you could carry on the tradition! Thank you!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-13-2010, 11:40 AM Reply   
John, wish your event wasn't 3000 miles away looks like a fun show!
Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-18-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
11/18/10..............still need 1 boat! Anyone?
Old     (KGar11)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-19-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
sorry my boat is totally winterized already. have you tried baywatersports or NAMG
Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-14-2010, 6:35 AM Reply   
We only need one more! Anyone????