Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (siriusalpha)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-25-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
sup bros will be traveling to sydney for xmas holidays to visit the relatives and need some travel tips. should i bring my own board/bindings or should i rent gear at the cable parks? gonna be there for 3 weeks and gear rental fees is gonna cost me a grip, any tips and suggestions would be kosher, gonna try and hit up all the cable parks in three weeks if possible, mostly bli bli

what about getting around the big island, i heard train n bus are ezly acessible
Old     (Gears)      Join Date: May 2010       11-25-2010, 10:48 PM Reply   
bli bli is nearly 1500km from sydney bro, penrith will be a better bet for you mate.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-26-2010, 12:32 AM Reply   
Yeah Australia's not that small. As said above, to drive sydney to bli-bli is about 10-13 hours if you're up for it.

If you're in Sydney, you definitely want to hit up Penrith cable (about 45 minutes west of the city). My home from home that place. Its really fun.
http://www.cableswakepark.com/

I'd suggest bringing your own stuff cause with the US Dollar being so low against the AU Dollar you're going to find things rather expensive. You might save some costs by bringing your own setup. If you don't, they have LF gear there you can rent.
Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       11-29-2010, 6:52 PM Reply   
in sydney there is only cables wakepark at penrith super sick cable and there just about to open up a reverse cable as well. but the other 3 cable parks are in Queensland you have Logan (www.cableski.com.au) which is around 30mins south of Brisbane CBD and then you have Bli Bli which is about an hour north of Brisbane up on the Sunshine Coast ( http://www.suncoastcablewatersports.com) and then about an hour plane flight you can go up to cable ski cairns which is only about 15mins from the cairns airport (www.cableskicairns.com)

hope this helps you out
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-30-2010, 12:43 AM Reply   
X2 for me, Ill be hitting up Bli Bli and Penrith in december!

Ill be the guy with the LWA board
Old     (siriusalpha)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-30-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
thnx 4 all the help fellas I leve on the 14th and super stoked, I hoped united is not to strict on there baggage policies I heard they allow waterskis on board for your 2nd carry on so im not gonna mention the word "wakeboard" to them cuz they charge 200 for wakeboards and surfboards...........................will try to hit up all the parks I heard they have trains that run up to goldcoast and cairns quite frequently...........cheezy dog hope to see u there too hopefully not 2 buzy during the week, i heard it gets crazy on the weekends so prolly do some surfing on the weekends to beat the crowds