Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       09-08-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
So I think my wife and I decided to go with the X2 since its really the only Vdrive in the line that will fit in our garage. I really wanted the xstar but we would have to build a new garage or extend it. But I have a few questions about ordering them through mastercraft. First off on the website it allows for certain color combos, can you modify this at all? I wanted to get a all black X2 which I know you can do the hull all black but I wanted to do the interior all black as well, I know you think I'm crazy but I have a murdered out boat now and it really dosn't bother me that much. And my next question is can you order them with out the decals? Just curious what Mastercraft will do for the customer. I'm going to call our nearest dealer this week but I thought I would ask some of you guys first.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-08-2009, 8:39 PM Reply   
Have you demoed one? Wake performance is A LOT different from your SAN210.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-09-2009, 6:17 AM Reply   
You can order one however you like it. A friend of mine ordered an 08 that was black inside and out so that is no problem at all. Hope you like it hot! I think I am right in saying they will deliver the boat with no graphics or with the graphics uninstalled.

I love the wake in my boat with the Fly High ballast. The X2 gets alot of undeserved trash talked about it and I just can't agree with it.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-09-2009, 6:29 AM Reply   
agree with adam, install the fly high ballast and your good to go. very nice wake.

in re: to the trash talk about the wake, i have yet to see a wake boat that has a great wake with just the factory ballast.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-09-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
Black outside but I would suggest against black interior there was an X2 I was interested in and the floor was black. HOT AS HELL!!!!! Of course I am in the south. Also have heard pulling down the tower is a bit of a nightmare. Before you buy for your garage make sure the tower will fold down low enough. I bought an 02 xstar and assumed it would fit and did not. Now I wish I had bought bigger!!! I do love how roomy that boat feels inside. Good luck man its a nice boat. Where are you located?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2009, 6:51 AM Reply   
Its your boat and you can get anything you want. But MasterCraft is offering the peanut butter interior and I think that is the sickest look out there.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       09-09-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
My friend has a X2 that I spent alot of time on this summer. I was surprised at the stock wake on the X2 we ride with 900lbs in the rear lockers and 450 up front most of the time but the stock wake seemed to be more like the SAN as it was very steep. We also have to take the tower down to get thru a tunnel and it is not that hard to take down once you know what you are doing. I think that brown interior may be a better idea for the heat but I am also a fan of blacked out boats.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-09-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
"The X2 gets alot of undeserved trash talked about it and I just can't agree with it."

Agreed.

I will be the first one to tell you the stock wake is pretty pathetic but add a fly high or just sac it out and you have a great wake.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-09-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
You can murder an X2 without decals but I would order it with the black on black decals. We have sold two of them that way and it looks great. You are going to love the X2.
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-09-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
X2 is a great boat, you will love it!
Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       09-09-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
So is the main concern with the X2 the stock ballast and wake issues? I haven't really heard any other complaints from people? If I could fit the Xstar then I would go that route. As far as the interior being all black, yea I would never order a brand new boat all black unless I already owned one. I had my boat completely blacked out and yea it gets hot but I've been out in our rare 100 degree weather and it was fine as long as you put a towel down before sitting on the seats...
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-09-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
I have a X-2 with the stock ballast system. I also have a Fly High system in the box, in the barn, uninstalled. The wake is fine. We surf with stock ballast and I am 225 lbs. Yes, it is better with 1,000 lbs of extra ballast or people, but we are quite happy with it.

You can delete the decals - no problem. I really do recommend the gray interior. It is a great color for cleaning and maintenance and looks sharp against black and billet.
Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       09-09-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
After reading a lot on this website it seems like a lot of people bash the X2 for price and wake....I'm going to demo one to see it for myself. I have a feeling though after spending so much time behind my friends 08 Xstar that its just not going to be pleasing.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-09-2009, 5:53 PM Reply   
It is unrealistic to expect a 20-foot boat to outperform a 23-foot boat in terms of wake. The simple weight difference and the length of the wetted hull makes is an unfair comparison. Having ridden behind both, you can have a lot of fun behind both. Just don't expect an identical wake. Just have fun with it.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-09-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
"The wake is fine." No doubt the wake is ok but for me if you are moving out of the original SAN you would be disappointed with the X2 wake, the shape is good, the size is ok, the width to height ratio is a bit of a problem. IE the size of the wake doesn't support the width of the table, this means you end up riding a 70-75ft rope when normally you would ride 80-85ft. That makes a big difference and really takes a lot of the enjoyment of riding away for me.

Only only really get excited about riding if the wake makes your heart beat faster with excitement or fear.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-10-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
Karl. Are you planning to install your fly high kit? If you are looking to sell it for a good price PM me.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-10-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
The one I demoed I could not believe how roooooomy it was. To me its a great boat the only issue I have heard is the tower sucks to fold by yourself and to get it low enough to get in a 7ft garage you have to spin the racks or something. Its MC's most popular boat
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-10-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
Jaybee, check out onlyinboards; there is an 08 X star leftover on there; it's in IL.
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-10-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
The tower is not hard to fold down, I do it on my 08 every time I go in and out of the garage, I also do it alone in about 3 min. I think that the X2 is such a great boat, not just because I have one but the room inside is unreal, the finish is great and unless you consider yourself a pro rider the wake is fine! We have some really good riders behind our X2 all the time and not once has anyone ever complained about the size of the wake, I do usually run about 1300 in fat sacks but if I feel lazy we just use the stock ballast.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       09-10-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
good boat, good wake. very poppy.