Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-23-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
Hello all!! I posted a thread last year about ballast in my boat (05 Ebbtide 210). Well over off season I got a 540 and 250 fat sac. Wake is clean but just does not seem to be too much bigger. the 540 is all the way up front and the 250 chair is right behind it. Just wondering if I need anything else to make it bigger? I'm currently ridin 65' rope but thinkin of goin to 70-75'. Maybe ride about 24-25MPH? any help is greatly appreciated!!

JT
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-23-2009, 9:43 PM Reply   
Hey JT, I was starting to think I was the only one on here . I have an '06 2000 Extreme, so it should be a very similar hull, only a little smaller. I can't say my wake is huge, but I have gotten a number of compliments on it now. I have a pair of 350# sacs - I put one in the walkway as far forward as possible so most of it is under the bow filler cushion. The second goes in the ski locker, again as far forward as possible. I also added a hydrofoil (Stingray) to the outdrive this year, which is helping it plane faster with the weight and hold speed a little easier.

I'm also trying to beef up the wake a bit more, and I think I need more weight in the rear to do it. I've got a pair of 85# sacks on the way that I plan to put in the very back corners next to the engine. I'll let you know how much difference it makes.

I've been riding at 70ft, 22-23mph. Last time Fatsac was with me, he was liking it at 75ft, 23-24mph
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-23-2009, 9:45 PM Reply   
By the way, if anyone is wondering why I got such small sacs for the rear - my batteries are right next to the engine on the starboard side, so I need something small that I can get in behind them.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-24-2009, 6:45 AM Reply   
Ah yeah the 540 I have stays up front at all times .... Our main problem is holdin a constant speed we are considering a perfect pass system for it. But so at 70-75 ft your wake is clean? Ours is still white wash. But maybe when gettin pulled faster maybe that will change
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-24-2009, 10:56 PM Reply   
This is 70ft at about 22mph. With the weight, it will wash out of you go slower, though I think I can go down to about 18-19 and still have it pretty clean. Also, are you trimming up? Most people on here say they trim up about 1/4. That doesn't work on my boat at all. I can trim up about 1/8 max, then I start getting a lot of prop wash and porpoising.

Upload
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-25-2009, 6:35 AM Reply   
Yeah when I trim up the white wash gets worse and worse. But looks like my boats wake is a little bigger than yours lol. But not by much. What kind of prop you runnin?
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-27-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
Its a 19 pitch 3 blade aluminum. Thinking of upgrading to a 4 blade.