Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (rivrrunr)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-20-2005, 8:36 PM Reply   
...does it really matter, i mean less stretch would make a stronger rope but does it help you ride,jump,fly,twist?does that affect loading the line?
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-20-2005, 8:51 PM Reply   
Yes!
Old    walt            02-20-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
The more you can load the line the more pop you will have so yes a non stretch rope will help.
Old    wickedwake            02-20-2005, 10:33 PM Reply   
A non stretch rope is the secret of life. GET ONE!
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-21-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
my brother and I just picked up some Accurate Yellow Jacket and a new Premier handle.....can't wait to try it.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-21-2005, 12:58 PM Reply   
not to mention, I have seen a guy get hit in the face with a nylon rope after it snapped. he bled alot. but if you are up to the challenge...hey, more power to ya.
Old    polskadan            02-21-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
LoL! Now that was pretty funny.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-21-2005, 2:51 PM Reply   
Yes it matters very much. When I first started wakeboarding I didn't think that it did. I purchased a good rope or at least I thought it was. One of my friends who rode a lot came out with me and was bitching the whole time that the rope was stretching and I was like ya what ever. After he rode with me a few more times I finally bought a spectra rope. I honestly couldn't tell the difference. That was probably 8-9 years ago. Ever since them I have ridden a non stretch rope and didn't think too much of it, until last season when I went out with some friends who didn't have a non stretch rope. WOW huge difference. It made everything so much harder. Once you learn to properly load the line and are use to a non stretch rope, getting on a stretchy rope feels like you are on a rubber band. All of the load that you build before you release off the wake is then jerked back toward the boat pulling you off balance and making every trick difficult.
Do yourself a favor get a non stretch rope and learn to edge and load the line, once you do this you will never go back to a stretchy rope.
Old     (rivrrunr)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-28-2005, 6:48 AM Reply   
thanks fellas!!!
Old    penny4urthots            03-08-2005, 12:44 AM Reply   
LMAO @ greenthumb
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-08-2005, 4:52 PM Reply   
Last summer I attempted a beginners trick that I read about. It’s a simple trick, you’re supposed to be able to lay on your back and then return to a standing stance. I tried it once but could not hold on to the rope. The boat circled back for a second pull and so I gave it a second try. I tried harder the second time and really held on the rope hard, but no use I let go and the rope popped out of my hands – under extreme tension.

The handle of the rope sprang forward into the boat hitting one of my boarding buddies in the ****. When the boat came back to pick me up he was in a great deal of pain and laying up against the side of the boat. Later he said that he was in so much pain that he almost tossed his lunch. He didn’t want to get off the boat and get help so we boarded on. It was real hard to enjoy my next set watching him rolling in pain.

The guy that took the hit is also our designated video recorder and he was recording at the time. After we finished our session we reviewed the hit about ten times. He put this scene in his end of year production. It was funny afterward but not so funny for him at the time.

This year I’m getting a no stretch rope.