Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-31-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
What do you guys thing about Liquid Force Ultra bindings?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
hatem. Difficult in, difficult out. Thane hates them too and so does Toolfan.
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       08-31-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
I love them. Easy in (with lube), and easy out (with proper technique). I hate dealing with straps, laces and what not. You come out when you are supposed to, and you stay in when you are supposed to.

That's been my experience with them anyway, and I've been riding in them for 3 years.
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-31-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
J-Rod...are you just hating because you want me to buy your wife's bindings off of e-bay? LOL
I have LF right now but they are too big...I need something to fit my small feet...size 6.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2005, 10:15 AM Reply   
Hmm...I must lack proper technique even after 4 years

They just don't work for everyone's feet. Most of todays bindings have separate fastening systems for the upper and lower part of your foot - allowing you to customize the fit for your foot. With the Ultras, you're stuck with the out-of-the-box fit. Depending on your foot, you'll love them, or hate them.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
Ahhh...that's you! Shame on you for asking me the reserve! Anyway I responded. I can ship them today.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-31-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
o man just wait on buying until you see the new 06 line from CWB - like nothing u have ever seen

they kick ass( well from holding them hahah)
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-31-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
at least you have technique...I'm too new to know the difference...

Everyone has their opinion...I don't mind the bindings I have exept when I take a decent fall I come out...they are easy to put back on but kind of a pain!
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-31-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
that's not shame...it is smart!
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-31-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
J-Rod:
I just bought your wife's off of e-bay and paid...ship those babys out so I can try them out this weekend!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2005, 10:42 AM Reply   
Jamie, I'm 1.5 hours south of you. Are you headed to the Delta this weekend by any chance? Let me know if you're interested in saving the shipping by hooking up.

Also, I think I have a duplicate payment from you.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-31-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
whoa whoa whoa, I didn't even get a chance to defend myself.

What the heck J-rod?! Didn't you know I moved on to Transits? Toolfan is the only one left to defend the perfection that is Ultras.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
I'm slippin!

Old     (utter_twat)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-31-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
I tried some the other day, and yeah they're comfy as anything, but I found that the size recommended 4 me was too tight for trying to get in and out of, but too loose when I was in, but it's probs just my foot
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-31-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
All I can say is that you guys have proved me wrong.....they are not idiot-proof I guess.

Now get back to buckling/cinching/ratcheting/(for God's sake) even zipping.
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-31-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
J-Rod ...I might be heading to the Delta this weekend but it isn't a for sure...so just go ahead and ship them. Yeah, sorry about the double payment. Thanks a lot...hopefully I won't fall out as much.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-03-2005, 7:49 AM Reply   
I have been riding with the Ultras for three years and have no interest in changing. At first they were that "out of the box" fit but a fellow rider told me,even though I was against it at first, was to put them on and then drown them into a hot bath or hottub. I let the heat conform the rubber to my feet and ankle and now they are perfect. After a few rides I could get into them with no lube and even after hard falls.