Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    drew_a6            08-28-2005, 6:23 AM Reply   
Hey fellas,
I was wonderin the official date that Hyperlite was releasing the boards?
I'm really excited about the 06 line up.
My grandmother said she would buy me a new board when they come out...
I dont think she understands how much they are but she's givin me her credit card...
Its gonna be krunk.
I dont know what board I should get though...
What do yall think?
Old    ridersrefuge139            08-28-2005, 4:46 PM Reply   
Get a Liquid Force Substance, its faster, lighter, and has tons of pop. its also not too advanced for people not to have fun on like the parks or byerly. Along with it the transits or sphynx bindings are a great way to go. both are super comfortable, it just depends on whether you like a looser feel then you would go with the sphynx, or a stiffer binding then you would go with the transits. both are great bindings, and they look good on the board.http://www.roho.co.uk/acatalog/lforcesubstance05.jpgThe 2006 boards have the same shape but different graphics, they'll be coming out in october or november.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-28-2005, 5:06 PM Reply   
Devin - word. I'll second that.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-28-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
Devin Ketel (ridersrefuge139) wrote: "its also not too advanced for people not to have fun on like the parks or byerly."

Yeah, because people who ride Parks and Byerly boards never have fun when they wakeboard. Just because those boards aren't for everyone, doesn't mean they're not good for nobody.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-28-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   

quote:

Just because those boards aren't for everyone, doesn't mean they're not good for nobody.

Hey mister construction estimating and accounting that there is a double negative.

The substance is just a much easier board to ride and it performs just as well. Trust me I've ridden all 3.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-28-2005, 6:38 PM Reply   
Yeah! Get Granny's credit card, and go get yourself a Substance!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-28-2005, 7:22 PM Reply   
Drew, stick with HL. Better more longer lasting and better warrantied equipment for gram ma' buck.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2005, 7:32 PM Reply   
except the substance and the parks feel like your hitting cement when you land......anyways he asked for the HL release date not for an opinion...

(Message edited by shavis on August 28, 2005)
Old    mendo247            08-28-2005, 7:38 PM Reply   
so many hyperlite hatters these days.. i guess thats to be expected when your numero uno...
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
no doubt eh...i have nothing against HL and LF....infact ill own one of each soon.....cant we all just be friends???
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-28-2005, 8:25 PM Reply   
Yeah, he did want an opinion, and my opinion would be to get whatever Sparky Jay says to get because he has the "krunkest" style. Stick with hyperlite. Hyperlite for life!
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2005, 8:30 PM Reply   
he asked for and HL opinion tho not an LF
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-28-2005, 9:55 PM Reply   
I also should've used anyone. Big deal, this is a message board, not english class, and obviously I'm a numbers person. I've also ridden all three boards and many more. My point was that you can have fun on any board. And I do realize the Parks and Byerly aren't for everyone, but this kid is riding a Byerly now and some people do actually like the Parks and Byerly boards. I just think people are quick to bash those boards and hyperlite in general. This discussion is proof of that. When it comes down to it, all these companies put out a good product. I don't think anyone should be bashing any brand until they've tried the '06 stuff.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 2:25 AM Reply   
nuff said
Old    drew_a6            08-29-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
wow i started a war! look guys, Im not a hater on any boards what-so-ever. I used to be like ALL ABOUT some liquid force and never rode any hyperlite. after i rode many of the hyperlite board in a demo, i fell in love. Im a hyperlite guy, IM NOT HATING ON LIQUID FORCE! different strokes man different strokes. but I want another hyperlite. I ride a 2003 byerly, 2002 parks and a 2005 roam. im sellin the byerly and parks, and keepin my slider board.

I really didnt mean to start another stupid LF vs. HL post war. sry

(Message edited by drew_a6 on August 29, 2005)
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-29-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
Kellan... the Parks feels like your landing on cement? Umm..I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that.
It's one of the best landing board I have ever been on.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-29-2005, 5:48 PM Reply   
Now ur talkin Dogg!
Old    murrayair            08-29-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
Drew- if you want a HL get a HL. Simple as that. Last time I checked Parks, Danny, Byerly, Shaun and Sharpe weren't doing so bad on HL boards.
Old     (canada_air)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-29-2005, 10:57 PM Reply   
i think that every brand has copied so much from each other that each brand should have something everbody. competition between brands is good for us as consumers. some boards are faster some slower, some more pop, what matters is what feels good for you. i do think shops should hold more demo days at a local level.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-29-2005, 11:37 PM Reply   
LF win this argument!!!
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 1:27 AM Reply   
dr_inc: if so how come hl walks away #1 in sales??? they must be doing something wrong
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-30-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
Drew-hook up with your local HL rep and find out about some demo days so you can find a board that will work for you. You might have to wait till everything is released, but it will be worth it!!! Any other questions e-mail me or post away.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-30-2005, 8:11 AM Reply   
From the reports I read the cwb marius was the best selling board in 2005. So it goes to show they are all good. Cwb, Hyperlite, and liquid force they are all sick boards, and they all have boards for all riding styles. But if you dont demo a Cwb you are missing out, they are the most innovative board company out right now.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-30-2005, 8:50 AM Reply   
Jeff, CWB is far from the most innovative wakeboard company. They make great stuff but not necessarily all that innovative.

Anyway, I'm sure Hyperlite boards are by far the best boards availble. How do I know? Because that what I own. I would only spend my $$$ on the best.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
actually wait till youve tried the the 06 lf ps3 its crazy.....but overall....HL performance line out sells CWB and LF.....the Marius hasnt been out long enough to out sell returning faves like the parks or the sub
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-30-2005, 10:43 AM Reply   
The 2006 Hyperlite stuff is on a ship somewhere between here and Taiwan.

Since we're sooo off topic.

Buy CWB! Soon to be the last board made in the USA!

Old    socalgrl79            08-30-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
I'm probably buying CWB this year, WOO WOO!

Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
theyr rite its hateful at the top
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-30-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
I knew you had class and good taste.
Old    socalgrl79            08-30-2005, 11:55 AM Reply   
J-Rod,

You know that just based on the people I talk to..

Wait.. were you talking to me?

-Amy
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-30-2005, 12:03 PM Reply   
man you guys don't even know, it is all about riding for Home Depot, yea, all my friends bought some ply wood and taped their feet to it, best pop out of any board ever and super lieght weight so they def got more air time. At least thats what all my friends say, i'm not gonna try it out though, they said it works great. So i am gonna buy one of those, def the way to go.
Old    hbfabco            08-30-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
HL LF and obrien are all owned by motion sports but they all operate independently. Just by the board you like (after you demo it) and spray paint it solid pink and go ride it, who care what name is on it.

(Message edited by hbfabco on August 30, 2005)
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-30-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
all you need to know is the TFD lands the softest of ANY board, any company and everything else is preference. To all you Substance guys.. the board is amazing, but.. way too slow for alot of the people riding continuous and faster boards. And by the way, no one buy a Substance until you have the chance to see Watson's New board. I can't wait!

PS. No company has it 100% dialed in.. Therefore every time I ride it's a good 5 min. choice on what setup I feel like riding.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-30-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
Just please for the love of God do not ever say "Krunk" again. Is that like some sort of drunk/chronic hybrid reference?

Who is to say one company is more innovative than another? I know I'll hear oh they did DNA cores, yeah but LF did balsa first. Oooo they did BOA first, taken from a Vans snowboard boot design. They added slider ribs for '06, Elton John was gay long before Hyperlite. The CWB Hinge Tech is similar (although much different) than Flow snowboard bindings. New for this year is hyperlite's new foam, DNA was too expensive so this year you Hyperlite lovers get a light albeit weaker foam core, hooray! Gotta maximize profits might as well make an inferior product!! You like the Byerly? I gurantee you like the Transcend more, it just how it is. Want a light snappy core well hmmm CWB has the best one of those on the market.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
the transcend sucked.....the company that designed the boa came to HL w/ the idea for it on the boots.....dont worry ppl hated tony hawk because he was the best too
Old    socalgrl79            08-30-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
I know I only want a new CWB Flame because AntBug said the graphics are sick... and because AntBug said it's better than anything Hyperlite or Liquid Force.. and because AntBug said it's a great board.. I'm definitely taking only that into account when I buy a board, I'm not even going to bother to demo it!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-30-2005, 1:27 PM Reply   
"dont worry ppl hated tony hawk because he was the best too"

hahaha - please explain why Hyperlite is the best. If they truly are then I don't want to miss another day of being off the wagon.

PS - Tony Hawk is the best.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-30-2005, 1:34 PM Reply   
does selling the most automatically mean it's the best?
does selling at big 5 mean it's the best?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-30-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
"the transcend sucked."

Too much rocker for you to handle?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-30-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
and its tooooooooo slow and HEAVY
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-30-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
I don't understand why people care what other people ride? Does it hurt your feelings that someone rides an O’Brien while you’re out there on your Marius; honestly, who cares?!? While you guys sit here and have a pissing contest, remember this is wakeboarding not a fashion show!

Drew - All I can say is demo a few boards, pick the one you have the most fun with, and remember why we ride in the first place, for FUN!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-30-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
Shawn the voice of reason.

So when do I get to demo that Sanger?
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-30-2005, 2:42 PM Reply   
Dude...all you need to do is ask?

I'm planning a guys trip the weekend after labor day, you interested?
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-30-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
All of this fightin over HL&FL, When you all know its all about the 06' DaMoose stuff!!!!!
Old    hbfabco            08-30-2005, 2:54 PM Reply   
gold jacket, green jacket....who gives a $#!t
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-30-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
That was good Mike!
Old     (nautiquelover)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-30-2005, 3:03 PM Reply   
touchee! Good HG reference.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-31-2005, 7:58 AM Reply   
Root, have you seen the 2006 Cwb lineup? By far the most innovative lineup. The marius is the most innovative board, and the new Zeus/torq bindings with the hinge Tech is the most innovative binding. Looks to me that Cwb has the most inovative lineup. Everyone else looks pretty much the same. except Graphics.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-07-2005, 5:13 PM Reply   
2005 wakeboard of the year was the 3DS... you might wanna try that board, I ride the 05 Parks and love it, but i might see how i like the substance or the 3DS... anyone who wants to sell me the 2003 LF Substance 138 (new or used) email me at curtb6@earthlink.net